Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 8:09 pm

@ Xandrios and DELLAS: Thanks, I'll try that next time!
Old May 16, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Any idea what a lacto-ovo vegetarian business class meal out of CDG might be? Just ordered it for next week.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun
Any idea what a lacto-ovo vegetarian business class meal out of CDG might be? Just ordered it for next week.
This? Please take some pictures and post them along with your description and opinion!
Old May 16, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by blackball
Next time try the LH lounge. It's much smaller, and I don't like the way they've refurbished it, but the food is much, much better (and they have a great selection of single malts too).
Agreed. We tried both lounges and sadly for A3, the food in LH lounge was of a higher quality. The reason I wanted to visit the A3 lounge was to see if they had koum quat liqueur to try. But I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if they normally stock this?
Old May 17, 2017, 5:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by toonces
Agreed. We tried both lounges and sadly for A3, the food in LH lounge was of a higher quality. The reason I wanted to visit the A3 lounge was to see if they had koum quat liqueur to try. But I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if they normally stock this?
Normally they do, a few weeks ago it was still there for sure. I think normally its on the booze table/cart, or, on the table next to it. Basically the area between entrance and far right coffee machine.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Normally they do, a few weeks ago it was still there for sure. I think normally its on the booze table/cart, or, on the table next to it. Basically the area between entrance and far right coffee machine.
Thanks. I tried looking all around the booze table and nowhere to be found. But it was heavily congested that day so maybe they ran out and didn't replace it. Even the ice bucket in the mini fridge was emptied. I left it on the table to see if any staff would refill it but no luck. Hopefully I'll get to sample the kumquat next time when I'm in Greece.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:59 pm

Just got off CDG-ATH in business. Was happy to see that my lacto-ovo vegetarian meal had been loaded. Coincidentally the pax across the aisle had also ordered one. The appetizer was a very generous portion of grilled vegetables(peppers, zucchini, eggplant). Very tasty. There was also a very large plate of fruit. This was very suspicious. The hot entree was pasta in a tomato and olive sauce. Tasty, but nothing special. And then the horror. Was told that my vegetarian meal did not come with any dessert. That suspicious fruit was it. What?! Very disappointed, as Aegean's dessert is my favorite part. But before I could even express my dissatisfaction, the fa said there were extras and I was more than welcome to one. Crisis averted. This time.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:51 pm

Isn't that somewhat logical though? The standard dessert definitely has plenty of milk/cream based products, which would not work with your special meal choice?
Old May 25, 2017, 9:53 pm

Isn't that somewhat logical though? The standard dessert definitely has plenty of milk/cream based products, which would not work with your special meal choice?
My meal choice was lacto-ovo vegetarian, not vegan. Milk, cream, eggs, cheese, etc.. are all good.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:19 am

Flew AMS-ATH in C last saturday. Full flight, overheard them at check-in saying that economy was overbooked by 3 - however we eventually departed without any upgrades. Guess some people did not show up.

Appetizer - salmon with lettuce and mustard/dill dressing. Unfortunately no mustard to be found, only the typical oil/vinegar mix. Which was too bad as the lettuce was kind of bitter and would greatly have benefited from a little heavier dressing. Most pax did not touch the salad.

Mains was either veal fillet with mushrooms on chestnut puree, or, chicken (thighs) with potatoes and spicy red sauce. I chose the chicken as I had already tried the beef on an earlier flight.

And dessert with a cappuchino:

Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:30 am

...Appetizer - salmon with lettuce and mustard/dill dressing. Unfortunately no mustard to be found, only the typical oil/vinegar mix. Which was too bad as the lettuce was kind of bitter and would greatly have benefited from a little heavier dressing. Most pax did not touch the salad...
Small correction, based on your picture and my previous experience on A3: Not lettuce but young αντίδια (Cichorium endivia): I love them, possibly also because of their bitterness.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:04 am

Good point, that makes sense. I never grew up with the bitter vegetables so I'm less used to it. Only now slowly starting to appreciate bitter greens like wild horta..and that is still cooked and dressed with plenty of lemon and oil.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:21 am

Good point, that makes sense. I never grew up with the bitter vegetables so I'm less used to it. Only now slowly starting to appreciate bitter greens like wild horta..and that is still cooked and dressed with plenty of lemon and oil.
This is completely out of topic (@Mod: Mercy!): If you like ex-bitter salads, next time you're in Rome (unknown in the rest of Italy) ask for Puntarelle: Cicoria catalunia cut in small pieces, left in cold water for a couple of hours and, when ready and partly debittered, it has the weirdest shape one can imagine. Then eaten (the lower part) with a dressing of oil, vinegar, garlic and anchovies!

Before:
After:

Last edited by KLouis; Jun 19, 2017 at 8:35 am
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:59 am

Great tip, thanks. I'll be sure to try if I get the chance! I do love anchovies; Fresh in the Greek way, cured in the Italian way or as salty sauce (Italian/Asian). Curious to try on a salad!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Or to get the topic back from Italian food to Greece:

in Crete try stamnagathi, a wild chicory variety endemic to the island.

Best in lemon dressing with goat or pork!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.