Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-882 ATH-VIE 19.11.17 Business I went for the healthy (fish) option, but regretted it...it was a little bland. I was hoping for a more interesting starter too, like some of the delicious looking offerings posted upthread.

Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
A3-7205 RHO-ATH 19.11.17 Business Just a snack on the domestic flight, I did miss the lemon and ice in my gin & tonic though...
A gin & tonic before 11 am? Tsk, tsk, tsk
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A little bit of a rant....

One thing that really disappointed me on the 2 business class flights above was the delivery (non-delivery) of pre-departure drinks. On the RHO-ATH flight there were no drinks offered, this was despite there being no lounge at Rhodes. Being one of the first to board the aircraft, I was seated for at least 35 minutes before the door was closed, so there was nothing served for 50 minutes. I know it's a short flight, but a little something would have been nice to pass the time.

On the ATH-VIE flight I was also one of the first to board. Despite the fact that I could see the drinks in the galley already prepared, the 2 crew members were chatting and laughing but didn't offer anyone drinks until the 'boarding complete' announcement had been made. Again I was seated for at least 25 minutes before drinks were offered to anyone, and by then the crew were keen to get the empty glasses back ASAP.

Having flown a lot of domestics in the US, the crew there offer drinks as soon as you are seated, and manage to do this while the other passengers are boarding (and passing through the galley). I thought the idea of pre-departure drinks was to make you comfortable while others passengers board, so it kind of defeats the object if they then have to rush the service after the doors have closed!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:17 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Normally they serve the drinks when the flow of pax is calming down, but generally before the door is closed. But I guess it can depend a little on the schedule - I can imagine they don’t want to be going around with drinks while pax are still boarding, that’s a little difficult (and i’d Expect spilled drinks).
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Normally they serve the drinks when the flow of pax is calming down, but generally before the door is closed. But I guess it can depend a little on the schedule - I can imagine they don’t want to be going around with drinks while pax are still boarding, that’s a little difficult (and i’d Expect spilled drinks).
But that's the thing, on the VIE flight there were moments when the flow of passengers stopped, but it didn't seem to occur to them to serve the drinks even though they had them prepared.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:42 am
Original Poster

DUB-ATH Single Class Y

Drinks service followed by meal. Then two more drinks services.
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:28 am

I'm trying to figure out what the salad is DELLAS, is it couscous?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:51 am

Low fat low calories breakfast
Omeleat
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Looks yummy. Have to think about this next time if I am in economy.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Looks more like eggplant salad to me.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

It was an eggplant purée seasoned and actually quite pleasant.
headingwest likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:39 am

Melitzanosalata; roasted eggplant with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt/pepper. It is also a great dip to make at home - no equipment needed (roasting can be with oven, grill, gas stove flame, etc). Just soak the eggplant a few hours in water to reduce bitterness. Personally I like mine chunky so I just roughly cut up the eggplant insides after roasting, but you could also use a blender to make a very smooth puree.
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:35 pm

Melitzanosalata; roasted eggplant with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt/pepper. It is also a great dip to make at home - no equipment needed (roasting can be with oven, grill, gas stove flame, etc). Just soak the eggplant a few hours in water to reduce bitterness. Personally I like mine chunky so I just roughly cut up the eggplant insides after roasting, but you could also use a blender to make a very smooth puree.
I simply love melintzanosalata! Some additional hints:

- I prefer vinegar to lemon juice for melitzanosalata. Matter of taste, though, try both and decide.
- If possible, use charcoal grill for roasting. Also very good: Wood oven (ξυλόφουρνος). Make a few wholes on surface and leave on fire/in oven long enough (should start to look "dried out".
- Scrape inside from skin with a spoon before mashing, don't worry, though, if some bits of skin stay.
- Can also use a food procesor: intermediate between blender (I never use that) and mashing insides with a fork.
- Some people add (but definitely not necessary: again a matter of taste): oregano, red "long and sweet" peperoni (e.g. πιπεριές Φλωρίνης, also roasted and skinned), dried hot pepper (peperoncino instead of black pepper), etc.

Last edited by KLouis; Dec 4, 2017 at 11:33 pm Reason: Specified some ingredients
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
- Can also use a food procesor: intermediate between blender (I never use that) and mashing insides with a fork.
You are of course right - food processor is much more suitable. I do the same as you; just a rough chop with knife or fork (whatever is in reach )

I should try with vinegar, that's a pretty good idea. Is there any specific brand or type you would recommend? I really like fermented vinegars (like malt) because of their rich flavor but that is very hard to find here.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:33 am

You are of course right - food processor is much more suitable. I do the same as you; just a rough chop with knife or fork (whatever is in reach )

I should try with vinegar, that's a pretty good idea. Is there any specific brand or type you would recommend? I really like fermented vinegars (like malt) because of their rich flavor but that is very hard to find here.
I use a good red-wine vinegar. I used to produce my own, especially when I lived in the States since their stuff was really bad, but these times are now gone (got older and lazier). Don't use balsamico as this may be too sweet but, again, that's a matter of taste!

Καλή όρεξη!
Alexandros Bravos likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.