Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for sharing!

Another cookie for the holidays is kourabiedes; which is enjoyed (at least by my family ) at both Christmas and Easter. Personally I like them more than melomakarono, but that's up to one's taste

Happy holidays everyone
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
As promised please find herebelow photos of the kids meal served during the following flights:

1.// Morning flight ATH-VIE

2.// Evening flight VIE-ATH
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:21 am

Kosher lunch meal - chicken schnitzel

Muslim lunch meal - lamb kofte

Kosher breakfast - vegetable schnizel

Muslim breakfast - spring roll and veggie burger

Hi, I'm not a regular poster on this forum but I have had a read over the years so I thought I would share some photos.

I've flown with Aegean many times over the years from London to Larnaca however they no longer fly direct so last week will probably be the last time I fly with them. My flight was changed from direct to indirect without much notice so I didn' get a chance to get a refund and book a reasnable fare with another airline for peak season tickets.

Unlike many people in this forum, I'm a lowly economy class flyer. I'm 1.52m tall and had an almost 2 year old on my lap - not the most comfortable of flights

Outbound i flew Heathrow- Athens- Larnaca. I received a full meal on each leg. I ordered a low salt meal and received a bread roll, oil and vinegar satchet and a hot meal of carrots, green beans and mash potato. Fairly tasty. Not sure what they used instead of salt but it tasted quite salty to me.

on the way back I thought I'd try a kosher meal and a Muslim meal. The Muslim breakfast was a vegetable spring roll and some kind of falafel type burger. The kosher breakfast was a vegetarian schnitzel.

the next leg was a lunch meal where the Muslim meal was rice with lamb kofte and the Jewish meal was a chicken schnitzel, rice, tub of tuna and a chocolate mousse.

there were also a few small items included in the jewish meals e.g. crackers, fruit compote. The muslim meal was a bit bare with just the hot meal and bread.

the kosher meal was the best so that's the one I would recommend.

the standard meal other passengers got was plain pasta with cheese.

hope that helps!
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
LCA-ATH Business breakfast

Fresh fruit platter with cottage cheese
Sfougatto oven baked eggs of Kythnos island with anthotiro cheese, dill and parsley, beef sausage and sautéed spinach

An alternative main dish was Mushroom omelette with chicken sausage and oven potatoes,
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:15 pm

Alexandros, rabbit_2 and NewbieRunner: Thanks for the photos!

@NewbieRunner: How does Aegeans food compare to LH/OS/LX in your opinion?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:21 am

Vegetarian Lacto-ovo meal
DUS - SKG economy
(penne with tomato sauce and 5 slices of olive, yogurt with honey)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
@NewbieRunner: How does Aegeans food compare to LH/OS/LX in your opinion?
I was favourably impressed by what A3 had to offer though I had been told it would be good. I thought it was comparable to what LX used to serve on a similar (or slightly longer) flight for breakfast in business. I haven't been on a breakfast flight on LX recently but I wouldn't be surprised if their breakfast has been "enhanced".

I've never had breakfast on a shorthaul OS flight but their shorthaul catering in business is not what it used to be. LH never offers decent breakfast in business on flights up to 2 hours though I used to like their salads/light meals on shorthaul flights. It's possible that LH serves hot breakfast on flights to Greece/Cyprus (longer flights, more competition). I was surprised to be offered a hot meal on an afternoon flight from MUC to LCA.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
business class meal pre-orderding

I booked an award flight in business class today, and was given the option to pre-select my meal. The flight is 2 months from now, and there were 3 choices: Chicken, fish or moussaka. I had moussaka on my flight 1 week ago, and I'm wondering if A3 are in the process of standardizing their meals from now on, for reasons of cost efficiency (?).

Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blackball
I booked an award flight in business class today, and was given the option to pre-select my meal. The flight is 2 months from now, and there were 3 choices: Chicken, fish or moussaka. I had moussaka on my flight 1 week ago, and I'm wondering if A3 are in the process of standardizing their meals from now on, for reasons of cost efficiency (?).

There is a lot of food half eaten or refused apparently. Quite a few complaints from J passengers when their choice is not available. Because A3 is known for its good catering it becomes an issue when a Premium passenger is not happy due to an issue with the loaded meals. It is seen as a big part of the product believe it or not. This new service which is a great enhancement to the product will 1: Cut that waste and 2: Benefit the passenger. With this service A3 just upped the game in European Business Class.
Arrivals likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Yum! All the more reason to use my upgrade coupons for my April flights

Edit on Jan 27th... I called Aegean on Skype (from Doha) and found out that my Economy flights are of a class that cannot be upgraded. The cost to upgrade to Flex was prohibitive. So ... I guess when I get to my B&B in Litochoro I can arrange for a nice dinner of roast lamb, etc. Always some way to get nice Greek food and wine. I will probably skip the Ouzo and the Retsina...
DELLAS likes this.

Last edited by tmac100; Jan 27, 2018 at 11:59 am
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:20 am

I had a flight with them today (pics follow later) and asked the purser about this. She said that it’s a trial with 3 cities, one of which is LHR. Depending on the success of these routes more will be added.
@blackball: for which destination did you get the meal choice online?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I had a flight with them today (pics follow later) and asked the purser about this. She said that it’s a trial with 3 cities, one of which is LHR. Depending on the success of these routes more will be added.
@blackball: for which destination did you get the meal choice online?
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I got it for TXL to ATH.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmac100
Yum! All the more reason to use my upgrade coupons for my April flights
Indeed Moussaka all the way for me
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I also see cost efficiency as one of the reasons for the introduction of this option. However at the same time I am wondering what will be the consequences if one of the business class passengers -who for example has pre-selected moussaka- changes his mind during the flight for one way or another and asks that he is served with the fish meal.....Could you imagine that he is told that "we don''t have enough fish meals in this flight" ? I don't think so. Let's not forger that business class is premium product and service level requirements are much higher than in the economy class.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:09 am

I just checked my business flight from ATH to AMS and I got options (can't post pictures):
  • Veal Fillet with Creamy Rosemary Sauce, Grilled Capsicums with Chestnut Potato Mash and Grilled Zucchini
  • Grilled Fillet of Grey Mullet on a bed of Saffron Cous Cous with Vegetables, Fish Sauce with Lemon Confit and Dried Cranberries
  • Chicken Leg Scaloppini with Basil Pesto Orzo, Sage sauce and Grilled Pleurotus Mushrooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.