Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Some pre order options currently being offered on breakfast flights ATH-LHR.

I have the same on a 10:45 departure from VIE. I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed with a breakfast offering at that time.

Have they changed the crockery recently??

Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Those won't be the china used on board I'm pretty sure.

I actually just received an email from A3 about choosing a meal for my upcoming flights. It links to this page.

However for none of my booked flights I am actually able to choose a meal. But..if I go through the booking process for a new ticket (same flights) I am able to choose. So it seems that it does not work for existing bookings, but it does work for new bookings. Many flights offer the same choices though. A few different options I found:

That very last dish is actually the one I posted two weeks ago in this thread. It doesn't quite look the same..
SK likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:17 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
I received that email a few days ago and I was able to save my selection for all legs
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: A3 *G
I see why they are offering this new 'service' - to minimise waste, but really... who knows what they're going to fancy eating even two days ahead, let alone at the time of booking two weeks or even two months in advance? I'm not a fussy eater - I'd be happy with ANY of the 12 dishes shown above, but in business class I'd like a choice of at least two please - on the day, or at least at T-48 check-in.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
I have the same on a 10:45 departure from VIE. I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed with a breakfast offering at that time.

Have they changed the crockery recently??

No its just for marketing purposes. The reality looks different quite often on all airlines who show these appealing images rather then what actually lands on your tray table
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I see why they are offering this new 'service' - to minimise waste, but really... who knows what they're going to fancy eating even two days ahead, let alone at the time of booking two weeks or even two months in advance? I'm not a fussy eater - I'd be happy with ANY of the 12 dishes shown above, but in business class I'd like a choice of at least two please - on the day, or at least at T-48 check-in.
To be honest I do like to choose as I dont eat most fish/seafood. So for me to be able to exclude those from being the only thing available is a bonus.I like to choose Lamb/Chicken or beef. I guess it comes down to personal likes and dislikes etc...
lhrpete likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:40 am

I flew AMS-ATH yesterday. There is a new Aspire lounge but its not much better than before. Its about time the Star alliance lounge opens next month!

On this flight I chose the beef option:

Quite a lot of turbulence during the meal when flying over Austria, however, you can't get a better view with your lunch!

Appetizer:

The oil/vinegar dressing is a bit light for me on this kind of (strong) rocket. I remember at some point last year they offered two different dressings - those would have fit well here I think.

One of the cheeses was San Michali from Syros which I appreciated a lot (Being Dutch I have tried my share of aged cheese). Its an aged (hard) cheese, strong flavor and quite salty - much more so than the Graviera.

Mains:

The beef was quite overcooked, but has OK flavor. The strong sauce helps alot with this dish!

Dessert:

I only remembered to take a pic after having started the dessert - it was very tasty. While I liked the trio of desserts they used to have, one of these is plenty rich enough to be honest
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
I, too, played the gastronomics lotto from ATH to TXL the other day, and happy to report I won this time

The starter was shrimp with salad, nothing to go nuts about, but pleasant nonetheless. The main was, IMO, very tasty: Sea bass filet, on a bed of green beans and topped with a herbs, caper and 'agourida' (unripe grape juice) sauce. The sauce was cold, so it came in a separate plastic container for you to pour over the hot entree. Nice!

The dessert was baklava made with pistachios. Eh, ok. Nothing like that chocolate beauty Xandrios showed above

Xandrios likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:30 am

That looks great!

Question, did you pre-order this meal or was it one of the two choices on board?
Reason I'm asking is because the meal I had, the one you had, and a chicken dish are all part of one set of options:

However on board I could only choose between the beef and the chicken. The seabass could only have been selected online in my case, and, that was not working for my reservation.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Slummin in Y to collect two quick segments last month...

Dinner Munich to Thessaloniki

Breakfast Thessaloniki to Munich
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
That looks great!

Question, did you pre-order this meal or was it one of the two choices on board?
Reason I'm asking is because the meal I had, the one you had, and a chicken dish are all part of one set of options:

[...]

However on board I could only choose between the beef and the chicken. The seabass could only have been selected online in my case, and, that was not working for my reservation.
I did not have the option to pre-select my meal, it was from the on-board menu. Also, the menu was different than the set you show above- The second choice was chicken with artichokes and potatoes.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:33 am

Anyone knows if the Business meal pre-order options all have a special 4 letter code ? (like VGML for vegetarian etc..)

Asking because I'm flying MUC-SKG next month with Aegean, however the tickets is issued by Lufthansa, and Aegean can't access the catering info on this ticket.
Lufthansa would be able to change it in their system (it worked with VGML), but they need the four letter code for the special meal to change it.

Best regards
Henning
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Henmar
Anyone knows if the Business meal pre-order options all have a special 4 letter code ? (like VGML for vegetarian etc..)

Asking because I'm flying MUC-SKG next month with Aegean, however the tickets is issued by Lufthansa, and Aegean can't access the catering info on this ticket.
Lufthansa would be able to change it in their system (it worked with VGML), but they need the four letter code for the special meal to change it.

Best regards
Henning
No as far as I know its a different system used. Those codes that LH and other airlines enter into the system are universal IATA standard meal codes. AVML ( Asian Vegetarian ) GFML ( Gluten Free ) etc... These are totally different. Given the amount of meals and the rotations
this would be impossible for so many airlines loading new codes just for pre selection which always are changing.

Just another point with regards pre selection you can have two people sitting together on two different bookings done on the A3 website where one can select on their booking yet another cant on the other booking. Same booking class same fare etc.. Must be an IT glitch.

Your only other avenue would be to email customer services and ask them to escalate at least to flag the situation. Just because LH issued the tickets should not prevent you from having your choice.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: A3 *G
FCO - ATH, 10.45 in the morning, Business Class, received breakfast at 11 something. Nothing special, the crepe was good (not the best but still nice), fruit was ok, wine was decent.

The only problem was the *A lounge at FCO some minutes before... so much great food!!!
Xandrios likes this.

Last edited by jumpallover; Feb 17, 2019 at 9:47 am
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:10 pm

Flew ATH-AMS yesterday. A very crappy A321 (SX-DGT) that, while offering 2m of legroom on row 1, only had one luggage bin for two rows of business class (fully booked), and no closet to hang coats. Business class luggage was stowed as far back as row 4 (in Economy). Also the armrest-tables on row 1 were crooked and wobbly.

But...this is about the food. Two choices: Chicken thighs in red sauce with carrots and peas, or, sea bream with steamed vegetables. Interesting enough none of the mains featured any carbs...not sure why. Healthy Sunday perhaps Good thing I had some hearty fava and chicken in the lounge

The salad was nice. I'm a huge fan of salty umami-rich foods, so a salad of ginormous capers and caper-leaves is a very good thing in my book. But it might not be for everyone, the textures and flavours were quite strong:

I chose the fish for mains which was nice. Decent size fillet as well. It was supposed to be grilled but tasted more like it was steamed together with the vegetables. Served with a sauce that seemed to be butter-based. Very neutral/clean tasting with a hint of licorice - I think there may have been some fennel involved.

Dessert was Ekmek Tsoureki...which I did not like. I know that Tsoureki can contain some mastiha (which I love) but there were some more funky flavours going on..not my favorite.

Last edited by Xandrios; Feb 18, 2019 at 12:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.