Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

STR-SKG in C, 10:05 departure

The main are egg white muffin, very good.
Xandrios and headingwest like this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
No pictures, but 2 very different experiences recently on Y flights:

1) The good: VIE - ATH
Got a neat cardboard box with a plastic lid covered black box in it, some pieces of meat, a delicious sauce, veggies and pasta. Plus the normal bread etc. Very good.

2) The bad: ATH - GVA
The normal aluminum bins, with about 7 penne inside and a spoonful of Sauce Bolognaise. Pasta was WAY overcooked, and all had a disgusting metal taste. Inedible.
And on top, they didn't have the child meals of my kids on their list (amazing, since on the inbound flight, they were served the kids meals...)
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
AMM to ATH A3941

Took this redeye flight (dep0425am/arr0640am)..... FA was super nice and let me dine on demand, so I had my meal about 30mins before landing!

Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:11 am

Has anyone recently had breakfast in economy out of Athens to London?
Can't face a heavy cheese pie....
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
No pictures, but 2 very different experiences recently on Y flights:

2) The bad: ATH - GVA
The normal aluminum bins, with about 7 penne inside and a spoonful of Sauce Bolognaise. Pasta was WAY overcooked, and all had a disgusting metal taste. Inedible.
And on top, they didn't have the child meals of my kids on their list (amazing, since on the inbound flight, they were served the kids meals...)
Shame no pictures as its hard for us to judge. The majority of food is good but it is also good to see photographs of the not so good too.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
No pics - sorry but does anyone know how often menus rotate?

I've been offered the same choices in business LHR-ATH and return on every flight since August and I've getting bored! In particular I detest octapus which has turned up as the starter on LHR-ATH on every flight.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:20 pm

Good news for others (e.g. frenchft, me, etc.) in this forum: they looooove the octapus!
LTN Phobia likes this.

Last edited by KLouis; Nov 22, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I'll take along a plastic bag, pack it up and post it to you! :-) I don't know what it is, there's not much I dislike but I'd rather chew a rubber even if it hadn't been braised in red wine - waste of red wine IMO!
GBobon likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
LHR-ATH last Friday Night: Octopus and fava, hünkar beğendi (veal in red sauce and mashed aubergines), pistachio baklava. More Turkish than Greek! Delicious Although I think it lacks in quantity +- presentation compared to the oldschool menus

LTN Phobia and Xandrios like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete
I'll take along a plastic bag, pack it up and post it to you! :-) I don't know what it is, there's not much I dislike but I'd rather chew a rubber even if it hadn't been braised in red wine - waste of red wine IMO!
Thanks for the offer. As to your question why you don't like it, there's a very good explanation but I won't go into that as my post will create havoc Let's leave it at de gustibus et coloribus non disputantum est.
lhrpete and Xandrios like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
20.11.18 A3-609 LHR-ATH Economy meal
Probably the worst meal I've had on this route. The chicken and potatoes were swimming in a greasy juice. That said, much better than the competition!

21.11.18 A3-990 ATH-IST Economy breakfast
The cheese pastry thingy (I'm sure there's a name for it!)

Xandrios likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by headingwest
20.11.18 A3-609 LHR-ATH Economy meal
Probably the worst meal I've had on this route. The chicken and potatoes were swimming in a greasy juice. That said, much better than the competition!
I had this recently as well. It was bad. Unbelievable that only a month ago I was praising Y class food, and then this happens... I can definitely say that there is much more variance in the food quality than in previous years
headingwest likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
...{snip}...The cheese pastry thingy (I'm sure there's a name for it!)

This is called τυρόπιτα (teer-OH-pee-tah), literally translated into "Cheese pie", a generic name for all thingies that consist of... cheese and all kinds of dough.
Dover2Golf and headingwest like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
To be honest, as a half Greek I actually like the chicken with potatoes I had a week ago as they taste like the traditional oven potatoes with chicken with olive oil and lemon juice (patates sto fourno me kotopoulo). The Aegean cheese pie (tiropita) however is disappointing... Even the Aegean lounge (B gates) has better tiropita so I usually eat tons of them before boarding.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:12 pm

There are at least one hundred ways of putting together (and baking/frying) a tyropita and I love 10% of them. I don't mind 80% (including all kinds served by A3 on board and in the lounge) and I absolutely hate the remaining 10%. The latter category includes the ones consisting of 99.99% puff pastry (sfogliata) made with undefined fat and the cheapest of flours as well as one molecule of undefined cheese. They are served at a lot of very cheapo places and you really need a very expert eye to avoid them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.