Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 6:55 am

In my case I had pre-ordered the beef which was available -I think by coincidence-
Old May 14, 2018, 11:55 pm

I got the new menu on my flight A3 820 yesterday morning. I had the omelette which was great but nothing so special. The flight attendant did a great job though - probably one of the best A3 C flights I've had so far.

Old May 19, 2018, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nikolask
I got the new menu on my flight A3 820 yesterday morning. I had the omelette which was great but nothing so special. The flight attendant did a great job though - probably one of the best A3 C flights I've had so far.

Breakfast is rarely good on the majority of airlines. I have yet to find a carrier that offers a consistent breakfast product.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:40 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This weekend I flew AMS-ATH in business. Wonderful service, and wonderful new menu. Perhaps coincidence with the updated menu but the meal was very very tasty.

Menu:

The new wines can be found here in detail:
Apla 2017 (Oenops)
Preknadi 2017 (Diamandakos)
Goumenissa 2007 (Tatsis)
Eratines 2016 (Pieria Eratini)

First and mains, I chose the chicken. Note that this dish was not served with any carbs (potatoes/pasta), but rather with creamy eggplant. A lot of flavor, great dish in my opinion.

The salad now comes with two dressings, additional to the standard oil/vinegar mix. A vinegar-based one and a spinach-based one, almost like a pesto. Also the salad now features a bunch of shrimp rather than the 1-3 pieces it did before. I really enjoyed this salad, even though it is kinda basic. Very tasty for sure!

Unfortunately I did forget to take a pic of the dessert. It was 2 crispy rolls filled with galaktoboureko on the inside. Very nice!

On a side note: Last week I did four segments in AZ business class. Oh boy, we should really appreciate the A3 crews and food...because that was a tough transition. The service on AZ was mediocre to bad on all flights, no choice for food or wine, and the food itself was quite bad as well. Inedible salads, bland mains (Cold cheese/ham toast for breakfast, really AZ?) and overly basic dessert (one-bite apple pie cookie).

Last edited by Xandrios; May 27, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:57 am

No picture here, as I didn't eat anything on a VIE-ATH flight in C. Why? Because somebody at A3 decided that on a flight that left at 10:45 am (11:45 Greek time), they should be serving breakfast and not lunch : I was looking forward to trying one of their "new" menus and there was no way I would have a second breakfast after the (great) one I had in Vienna at my friends' house. I, thus, had two (or was it three?) glasses of one of their white wines "accompanied" by a small bag of salties
Air Rarotonga likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:01 am

Some recent meals from Y

Y lunch ATH-AMS

low-salt Y breakfast ATH-BRU

Y dinner BRU-ATH
Air Rarotonga likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold
Hi Paul, Love your YT Channel. Are you planning to update your star alliance elite status here? IIRC you’re getting into a lot of lounges now as a result. Congrats!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
The new menus are really superb.
This was offered on Sunday ATH-VCE and I can easly say it was the best regional business meal I ever had.

DELLAS and Air Rarotonga like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by jonatan
This was offered on Sunday ATH-VCE and I can easly say it was the best regional business meal I ever had.
[...]
Wow, looks great! My only tiny complaint is that they changed the way they do the dessert. I loved how it was the past: 3 little desserts which were -most of the time- really, really tasty.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Looks very good thanks for posting.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
Originally Posted by blackball
Wow, looks great! My only tiny complaint is that they changed the way they do the dessert. I loved how it was the past: 3 little desserts which were -most of the time- really, really tasty.
That was my initial thought as well - until I tried the orange pie.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
That was my initial thought as well - until I tried the orange pie.
Great to hear. The rest of the food looks like a huge improvement to me. The photos of the food looks really enticing!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:35 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold

OTP-ATH C

ATH-OTP C

KRK-ATH Y

ATH-KRK Y
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Had a few lovely Meals last week.

BRU-ATH

ATH-BRU breakfast (oats tart)

More about trip report with Aegean on my website
LTN Phobia likes this.

Last edited by unusualtravelblog; Aug 18, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:00 am

Another C meal BRU-ATH (dinner)

BRU-ATH C menu

Three toothpics!

BRU-ATH C salad

BRU-ATH C main

BRU-ATH C dessert (galaktoboureko)
LTN Phobia and Xandrios like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.