FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here
Old May 27, 2018, 3:40 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This weekend I flew AMS-ATH in business. Wonderful service, and wonderful new menu. Perhaps coincidence with the updated menu but the meal was very very tasty.

Menu:

The new wines can be found here in detail:
Apla 2017 (Oenops)
Preknadi 2017 (Diamandakos)
Goumenissa 2007 (Tatsis)
Eratines 2016 (Pieria Eratini)

First and mains, I chose the chicken. Note that this dish was not served with any carbs (potatoes/pasta), but rather with creamy eggplant. A lot of flavor, great dish in my opinion.

The salad now comes with two dressings, additional to the standard oil/vinegar mix. A vinegar-based one and a spinach-based one, almost like a pesto. Also the salad now features a bunch of shrimp rather than the 1-3 pieces it did before. I really enjoyed this salad, even though it is kinda basic. Very tasty for sure!

Unfortunately I did forget to take a pic of the dessert. It was 2 crispy rolls filled with galaktoboureko on the inside. Very nice!

On a side note: Last week I did four segments in AZ business class. Oh boy, we should really appreciate the A3 crews and food...because that was a tough transition. The service on AZ was mediocre to bad on all flights, no choice for food or wine, and the food itself was quite bad as well. Inedible salads, bland mains (Cold cheese/ham toast for breakfast, really AZ?) and overly basic dessert (one-bite apple pie cookie).

Last edited by Xandrios; May 27, 2018 at 4:03 am