Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by DELLAS

Would be interesting to hear what the Mytilene Island option is like.
It's rather pleasant. I had it on ATH-VIE in December but I haven't got around to posting the pics yet.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew A3 840 to DUS yesterday in business. Chose something that is also on the new menu:

Chicken Leg with Mushroom Sauce, Groats with Vegetables and Grated Graviera Cheese

Which, in real life, looks like this:

Service was OK, not great, not bad.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jan 30, 2018 at 3:08 pm
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:54 am

On my last flight AMS-ATH: Chicken brochette (Souvlaki) with lemon mustard, potatoes, and finocchino.

Mains was tasty but quite greasy.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I just had the asparagus omelette from ATH-MUC and thought the omelette itself was very good - the chicken was little dry. A fantastic crew in business who really went above and beyond.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:57 am

I had booked a flight from ATH to DUS for yesterday, Clean Monday. This is a holiday and I didn't realize that this means that my transport to ATH would not be available early in the morning.

So we decided to travel to Athens earlier, on Saturday, and celebrate the Carnaval there instead of home. And it gave us the chance to try some more exotic foods in Athens as we don't really have any foreign restaurants close to where we live (except Italian food of course). Really enjoyed 'A little taste from home' in Gazi - I can recommend this place.

Anyway, that was a bit offtopic. I flew ATH-DUS on Monday in business. This is a strict fasting day and to my surprise I was able to select the dish I prefered online:

Flight was a bit chaotic. No newspapers offered, the carameles were forgotten and only offered until after departure. There was no menu. While I had selected my food online I was still given the choice, and only after I told them I had pre-booked a meal she checked the manifest and confirmed. Luckily my option was still available. This does prove/show that the options available online do match the options available on-board though.

The (now quite common) starter:

Mains..not quite like the picture online (though tasty, with lovely Taramasalata ):

And for desert the (way too much, and a bit uninspired) halvas. The same as what has been offered around Easter the last few years:

Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
About a week ago I had the chance to take two flights with Aegean in Business class.
I took the flight BEY-ATH at 4:15 AM and ATH-BRU at 8:30 AM. I had the chance to visit the refurbished lounge for the first time.

Tried both breakfast choices, the spinach one on the BEY-ATH stretch and on the ATH-BRU stretch I tried the sfougatto.

whole report: https://unusualtravelblog.com/2018/0...flight-review/
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:56 am

I flew AMS-ATH this week. It was not possible to select a meal choice online, however I chose the below option. The other choice was chicken in tomato sauce.

The 'steak' should be classified as 'stewed beef' to be honest. Tasty, but not what is considered 'steak' in most of the world.

No newspapers offered on departure, no liqueurs after the meal...and I found the FA's enjoying the left over business class meals in the galley shortly after the meal service was finished. Nothing wrong with that per-se, but the service did leave something to be desired.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Flew A3 840 to DUS yesterday in business. Chose something that is also on the new menu:

Chicken Leg with Mushroom Sauce, Groats with Vegetables and Grated Graviera Cheese

Which, in real life, looks like this:

Service was OK, not great, not bad.
When were you able to chose? I have a flight to DUS in C and am not able to chose the meals (the flight is in 45 days)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
When were you able to chose? I have a flight to DUS in C and am not able to chose the meals (the flight is in 45 days)
The options were available for a while, but I only made the choice a few days before the flight. Having said that, I also have a flight to DUS next week..and I am not able to choose for that one either..
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:20 am

DUS-ATH recently. NEW menu! ..same wines though.

Chicken thigh in prune sauce with saffron orzo and sundried cherry tomato was the option I chose.

The dessert was one of the best Ive had on Aegean, but I am a sucker for cheesecake. And this was a full-size portion as well!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
DUS-ATH recently. NEW menu! ..same wines though.

Chicken thigh in prune sauce with saffron orzo and sundried cherry tomato was the option I chose.

The dessert was one of the best Ive had on Aegean, but I am a sucker for cheesecake. And this was a full-size portion as well!
Ideal meal for me. Good to see it. I do prefer a Greek dessert though.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:28 pm

Flew AMS-ATH in business this weekend. Good flight as always.

Appetizer the (now getting quite common) zucchini with octopus and prawn.

The mains had the option between veal and chicken on the spit with new potatoes, caramelized onions and lemon, and mustard oregano sauce. From the looks of the veal the chicken was the better option - it was delicious.

This dessert has passed a few times already and it is not my favorite. Too much cream for my taste. Besides the kataifi-thing I left most of it.

Last edited by Xandrios; Apr 4, 2018 at 10:03 am
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:37 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It looks good.
Was the pilot trying some acrobatics when they served the starter ?
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:08 am

Uhh..why? Is the pic blurry?

Edit: Lol, when viewing this on a mobile device the picture looks normal - but on a desktop PC it shows upside down. Should be fixed now!
fransknorge likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Apr 4, 2018 at 10:05 am
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:56 pm

Easter Tuesday I flew ATH-AMS in the afternoon. Lunch at the LH lounge featured grilled lamb, which I thought was an awesome (and suitable!) dish to offer after easter!

On board the fish option already finished at row 1 (out of 3) which was a pity. The other option (chicken, mushroom and groats) is not my favorite, so I left most of it as I already had quite a lunch in the lounge as well!

Forgot to snap a pic of the desert, but it was this one:

Originally Posted by headingwest

Last edited by Xandrios; Apr 11, 2018 at 4:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.