Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew AMS-ATH yesterday in business. Same menu as a month or so ago (Backside says: HML-ROT 4 RET SUMMER 2017, not sure what the codes mean though).

Appetizer (Smoked salmon):

Mains (Beef fillet, chestnut puree and mushrooms):

Dessert:

The other option was chicken with tomato sauce and potatoes. There were 7 pax in the business cabin, only two chicken dishes were loaded - meaning they ran out on row 1. Also two pax were served economy class meals, which was kind of odd as Economy did not seem to be overbooked. Not sure what happened there..
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:10 am

New/current wines. Happy to see Ionian products!

I have found that personally I prefer more 'light' wines, so tried the Primus and Allegro - which I both liked. My impression is that these have been served on A3 for a while as well, as I am pretty sure I tried them before.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Just wondering; does anybody know if the same menu is used for all flights of the day?

I know that the breakfast menu is different, however will all the afternoon/evening flights offer the same menu generally? Perhaps they have a different menu for outbound and incoming flights, so that transfer pax don't get the same twice? Or every flight has a different menu perhaps. Does anyone know?
The question has been answered for the regular menus, but I can add info regarding special meals. These are the same not only for all of the day, but possibly most of the time. two years ago I had 4 legs FRA-SKG-LCA and back a few days later, and ordered gluten free for all of them. (All legs were flown in C)
Appetizer: 4x lettuce-based salad
Main: 3x grilled chicken with grilled veggies and rice / 1x turkey with grilled veggies and rice (veggies were the same - capsicum, zucchini, eggplant)
"Bread": 4x papery rice wafers
Dessert: 4x fruits

It wasn't bad per se, but I think it also doubled as the low sodium meal, bland meal, ...
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Also two pax were served economy class meals, which was kind of odd as Economy did not seem to be overbooked. Not sure what happened there..
Could be staff on non rev. Sometimes they get just the seat upgrade and not the meal.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by ningyo
...These are the same not only for all of the day, but possibly most of the time. ...
Differemt for me: I've been getting the Seafood special meal in C for some years now (in my profile!) and I've had at least three different main courses and more than three starters.

Dessert: 4x fruits
I've never, ever had fruit when flying C; always three different sweets, usually different combinations.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:55 am

I guess it depends on the type of special meal. Having a seafood meal does not exclude sweets, while gluten-free actually may do (Eg filo pastry contains gluten). Personally I have only seen fruit at the breakfast menu.

Regarding the diversity of the menu's, I don't think it has been fully explained. We know that transferring through ATH means two different meals (To and From ATH). However does that mean that all flights To ATH serve the same meal? Or would they make the same selection of dishes daily and just rotate which flights get which dishes?

Not that it matters much...just curious
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Good day to everyone!

I will be travelling this Christmas with my wife and son on the ATH-VIE-ATH in business class. I have already requested from the call centre that my son is served a meal for Kids.

Does anyone know whether Kids’ meal in business class differs from the one served when traveling in economy ?

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Alex
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:18 am

Hi Alex, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Personally I do not have experience with kids meals (So I will leave this question open for somebody else to answer). I do know that sometimes people in business class request an economy meal instead, and that is never a problem.

One thing to keep in mind that on some of the days leading up to Christmas the food selection/choices may be limited due to Orthodox fasting. So depending on the dates you fly, and Aegean's policy those days, you may receive a more limited/sober menu.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:44 am

Dear Xandrios,

Thank you very much for your prompt response and for the feedback provided regarding possible limitations during Christmas season.

I am really happy to have joined this excellent forum !!

Best wishes to everyone for a nice and relaxing weekend !

rgds,

Alex
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
Good day to everyone!

I will be travelling this Christmas with my wife and son on the ATH-VIE-ATH in business class. I have already requested from the call centre that my son is served a meal for Kids.

Does anyone know whether Kids’ meal in business class differs from the one served when traveling in economy ?
Well - the kids menus of our 2 children today did not differ from the standard business class meal - because they apparently did not load them !
So make 150% sure that it's on their list. I have "child menu" in my children's M&B profile which I used when booking the flight, and I made sure it's listed in the "My booking" summary. But still - no child meal today.
I will complain with customer service - since also the overall service and meal quality was underwhelming. They had the new wines (see some posts above), but the stewardess seemed to be completely unaware. I asked for the "Mavrodaphne", to which she said ok - just to come back 5 (!) minutes later with the other bottle: "That one ?". Only when I pointed with my finger on the bottle in the menu, she seemed to get it - and it took another 5 minutes until my glass arrived. My wife wasn't even asked, she received the same one...
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Well - the kids menus of our 2 children today did not differ from the standard business class meal - because they apparently did not load them !
So make 150% sure that it's on their list. I have "child menu" in my children's M&B profile which I used when booking the flight, and I made sure it's listed in the "My booking" summary. But still - no child meal today.
I will complain with customer service - since also the overall service and meal quality was underwhelming. They had the new wines (see some posts above), but the stewardess seemed to be completely unaware. I asked for the "Mavrodaphne", to which she said ok - just to come back 5 (!) minutes later with the other bottle: "That one ?". Only when I pointed with my finger on the bottle in the menu, she seemed to get it - and it took another 5 minutes until my glass arrived. My wife wasn't even asked, she received the same one...
Thank you very much for your feedback. In fact the information provided sounds quite alarming.

What I will do is to give a ring to the call centre around 48 hours prior to the flight, in order to double check with them that the meal preference is still recorded in their systems.

I have booked the seats online by using my award miles and was not asked about meal preference in any of the screens. Thus speaking to the call centre is my only option (meal preference does not show under my bookings).
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
...{snip}...
What I will do is to give a ring to the call centre around 48 hours prior to the flight, in order to double check with them that the meal preference is still recorded in their systems.
...{snip}...
You can check yourself simply by logging-in in their account and checking My Profile/Flight Preferences/Meal Preference. Mind you, you'd have to have indicated the children's M+B account number even in the award flight. In my case (not a child though! ) my meal preference has been followed on every single flight!

Last edited by KLouis; Oct 8, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:37 pm

Many thanks KLouis. I followed your advice and can confirm that kids meal shows to be the selected choice for my son visible under booking details.

Thank you everyone for your valuable assistance !
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
Flew AMS-ATH yesterday in business. Same menu as a month or so ago (Backside says: HML-ROT 4 RET SUMMER 2017, not sure what the codes mean though).

Appetizer (Smoked salmon):

Mains (Beef fillet, chestnut puree and mushrooms):

Dessert:

The other option was chicken with tomato sauce and potatoes. There were 7 pax in the business cabin, only two chicken dishes were loaded - meaning they ran out on row 1. Also two pax were served economy class meals, which was kind of odd as Economy did not seem to be overbooked. Not sure what happened there..
have the exact meal from LHR to ATH few days ago. Got the chicken at row 3, it was actually quite tasty.

Last edited by BUT777; Oct 8, 2017 at 5:33 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by KLouis
You can check yourself simply by losing in their account and checking My Profile/Flight Preferences/Meal Preference. Mind you, you'd have to have indicated the children's M+B account number even in the award flight. In my case (not a child though! ) my meal preference has been followed on every single flight!
As mentioned in my previous post this was exactly the case for me yesterday: both kids have "kids meal" in their profile, their M&B numbers were in the booking, and the booking showed the meal preference when you looked at the passenger details. Still: no kids meals loaded. Hence, better indeed call 48h before - that's actually what the stewardess told us.
(I will also call to confirm the meals are there for the return flight !)

And yes - I am also surprised since for me the special meal always worked - even when I booked other Star alliance flights with my M&B number !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.