Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 9:17 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew AMS-ATH yesterday in business. Flight had 90 minutes delay at departure, but the crew was great.

From may there is a new wine list. The menu for this flight was Andros chicken with honey and Naxos potatoes, or, moussaka. I believe everyone in the cabin (6 pax) chose the moussaka.

The mains didn't look great but tasted awesome. Not too oily which is generally the case when ordering moussaka outside. The desert was also nice with an edible chocolate cup

Crew was great with pre departure drinks, multiple drink rounds during meal service - encouraging to try all four wines (!) - and multiple bread rounds. Later also cappuccino and liqueurs.

After arrival there was a separate bus for business pax, and my bag was the second one on the belt. Just in time to get into a cab - getting pulled over by the cops - but still making it to ktel just in time for the last bus of the day. First time trying the new Ionian road to Patras with great views of the sunset.

Last edited by Xandrios; May 9, 2017 at 1:50 am
Old May 5, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
...[long snip]...First time trying the new Ionian road to Patras with great views of the sunset.
Small correction: The Ionian road is the one from Patras to Ioannina, the one from Athens to Patras is officially called the Olympian road (even if nobody really calls it that way).
Old May 6, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Small correction: The Ionian road is the one from Patras to Ioannina, the one from Athens to Patras is officially called the Olympian road (even if nobody really calls it that way).
Hmm, I thought the Olympian road would be the part between Patras and Pyrgos/Olympia - which by the way does not exist yet and likely will never happen ()?
Old May 6, 2017, 7:24 am

Olympian Road
Ionian Road (only in Greek)
Old May 6, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Andros chicken with honey and Naxos potatoes,
I would have liked to see that it sounds interesting.
Old May 6, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Bit late but better than never:

late March MUC-ATH:

Same since a couple of years back, but I like it

Forgot to take a pic of the sandwich that was handed out on ATH-IST-ATH on the OA Dash, but was pretty standard, although quite big for the short hop.

lastly ATH-GVA:

Meatballs were tasty, the strange noodles so-so...

Lucky enough to get an empty middle seat on all four flights, and after having not flown A3 a while really enjoyed it, especially when row 3/4 are Y on the A320 ^
Old May 6, 2017, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I would have liked to see that it sounds interesting.
I had already tried that on a previous flight, here's the link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27327691-post252.html

Originally Posted by Bavariair
the strange noodles so-so...
Thanks for posting The noodles are actually kritharaki, more well-known under their Italian name: Orzo
Old May 7, 2017, 5:23 am
Original Poster

I had already tried that on a previous flight, here's the link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27327691-post252.html

Thanks for posting The noodles are actually kritharaki, more well-known under their Italian name: Orzo
Thanks for posting must have forgotten it. Looks good but chicken legs would put me off personally.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:50 am

'Chicken legs' is basically a direct translation for (in this case) 'skinless boneless chicken thighs'. Which I personally prefer over the white meat.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G
ATH-MXP Business Class

ATH-MXP Business Class.
For a 2+hr flight, the C class food on A3 international flights are really fantastic. Just my observation and opinion but as much as I'm impressed with the plane food quality, the Athens A3 lounge food quality was quite disappointing. Usually it's the other way around on US airlines.
Attached Images      
Old May 9, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by toonces
ATH-MXP Business Class.
For a 2+hr flight, the C class food on A3 international flights are really fantastic. Just my observation and opinion but as much as I'm impressed with the plane food quality, the Athens A3 lounge food quality was quite disappointing. Usually it's the other way around on US airlines.
Next time try the LH lounge. It's much smaller, and I don't like the way they've refurbished it, but the food is much, much better (and they have a great selection of single malts too).
Old May 15, 2017, 8:54 am

Flew ATH-DUS today. Male FA for business class, which is only the second time that has happened. Great service, with all the details:

- Mentioned pax by name during service and goodbye
- Opened the wines on the trolley, consistently offered a taste before pouring a full glass
- Asked for feedback on the service, dishes and liqueurs

The menu was tournedos of chicken wrapped with turkey bacon, spinach purée mushrooms and herbs, or, veal on the spit with mushrooms, potatoes, mushrooms and smoked cheese.

I'd like to say that I chose the chicken because the veal was recently posted in this thread by toonces, but truth is that I wanted the veal but they ran out as I was the last pax to be served.

They insisted that I try both liqueurs; Mastiha and Fi. Obviously not a first time trying, but still

Last edited by Xandrios; May 15, 2017 at 9:01 am
Old May 15, 2017, 8:38 pm

...They insisted that I try both liqueurs; Mastiha and Fi...
What is Fi?
Old May 16, 2017, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

What is Fi?

Old May 16, 2017, 12:32 pm

What is Fi?
Its a liqueur from Kythira; Strong tsipouro flavour with cinnamon and/or orange infusion I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.