Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Yeah the fish was great but I think I just about preferred the moussaka from the same menu. When did you fly? I was on the flight on 19th November.
On the 24th - there was only one more person in C, sitting at 1A. I remember thinking he might be an FTer (or long-time M&B member) because he pre-booked 1A before I had the chance to
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by blackball
This is like one of these puzzles I don't want to let go :P If you had photographed the other side, it would probably state what it is (I think my touloumbaki did, and it was the same packaging).

Considering (most of) the typical eastern sweets that Terkenlis makes, and by process of elimination, could they be ροξάκια (roxakia)? See the photo here, for example (they have cocoa in the middle):

http://mikrikouzina.blogspot.de/2014...og-post_5.html

On second thought- could the filling have been dried fruit? For example, prunes? Were there any nuts in it as well?
I think I figured it out! You were on the right track with the prune question.

They look like small versions of these Politikos, BUT whatever filling that was inside didn't taste like prunes.

Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
There was never a salad between starter and main! I did LHR-ATH and back on C last year quite a few times and never had it!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
There was never a salad between starter and main! I did LHR-ATH and back on C last year quite a few times and never had it!
Ah, you're right. I had it mixed up in my mind. On my last ATH-LHR flights in 2015, the salad was the starter. I thought it was in addition to the starter. OK, in that case, my comment was unjustified. Apologies for the confusion.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AE, IHG Gold, Choice EP
A3610 ATH-CDG in Y

A somewhat tasty spinach pie for the brekkie
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:22 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by SunJ
[...]

A somewhat tasty spinach pie for the brekkie
Pas mal... What's the Terkenlis sweet?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: AE, IHG Gold, Choice EP
Originally Posted by blackball
Pas mal... What's the Terkenlis sweet?
Not sure. Had a chocolate tasting filling.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:13 am
Original Poster

The octopus is back and I took the "Closer to Greece" beef this time:

One last trio of desserts :

The food was excellent as always and the crew on all 4 flights were lovely. The purser on ATH-TXL stood out as the best of the lot though. Her service was perfect and she kept sending disgruntled economy passengers down to the back of the aircraft to use the toilets. Ha ha! Another great set of flights on A3. I'm very much looking forward to "having" to fly them again to requalify next year.

Great pics. Nice to see you had a fun MR. Horrified to see the octopus back though The rest looks great.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Great pics. Nice to see you had a fun MR. Horrified to see the octopus back though The rest looks great.
Ha ha!! The octopus was great. Yeah, I had a really nice trip thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Ha ha!! The octopus was great. Yeah, I had a really nice trip thanks.
These pictures are making me look really forward to my A3 I class ATH-LHR on A3602 Dec 17th and back on A3609 on Dec 30th.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by tmac100
These pictures are making me look really forward to my A3 I class ATH-LHR on A3602 Dec 17th and back on A3609 on Dec 30th.
Enjoy! Do take pics for us.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:46 pm

Did a little mileage run with A3 last week. Since i couldn't upgrade my P-class ticket's with a upgrade coupon i can only share with you the meals i had to suffer in Y:

This first meal is a sort of rice/pasta thing which i don't know the name off with 2 meat balls. Not super tasty, comforted myself with the free wine:

(I had this meal twice, once on A3669 LIS-ATH and once on A3853 TXL-ATH)

Then a had a breakfast on my last flight A3616 ATH-AMS which was a bread thingy filled with some form of feta cheese and a greek yoghurt:

Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Enjoy! Do take pics for us.
Could someone PM me to explain how to reduce the size of my pics and then how to post them. I have never posted any photographs to FT or any other forums for over 10 years. TIA. ^
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:46 am

Could someone PM me to explain how to reduce the size of my pics and then how to post them. I have never posted any photographs to FT or any other forums for over 10 years. TIA. ^
The easiest option I have found is to upload the photos to photobucket and then use the resize function there to make them the correct size for the forum. Hope that helps. Looking forward to the pics!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:45 am

The 'easiest" way for reducing the size is open them with one of the image processing software (e.g, Photoshop) that allows one to resize images. As for posting them, you have two choices: If accessible through a URL, open the post/answer post routine, click the "insert image" icon and write or copy/paste the URL in the dialog box. If no URL available, click the small attachments icon and upload your image from your own computer. It;s all a simple procedure. If I remember well, there are more detailed instructions in the trip report thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.