Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-424 HER-LGW 16.09.16 economy class Where are the crackers!?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-629 LUX-ATH 29.09.16 economy class jolly good too!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:32 am

A3-852 ATH-TXL 30.09.16 economy class They were a bit slow with the drinks so I took the photo without them. The girl next to me was giving me a strange look as I was sitting looking at the food!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:58 am

Flew TXL-ATH in Business last week. I had a salad with chicken and manouri cheese as a starter and chose the chicken with potatoes and mustard sauce as my main. A3 catering keeps getting better!

Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:06 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I had exactly the same menu on AMS-ATH yesterday, however I chose the veal option. Your mains was the "Chicken legs" item?
There was also a seasonal Cyclades option with Lobster and Shrimp - but since I am not a huge fan of either I decided to skip that this time.

My mains, sorry for the bad quality - sun was coming in through the window of the lady one row in front :

Desert was also identical to yours.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:10 am

Somehow, on a shorter flight, you got the salad served as a first course and the cheese unwrapped. Guess you had a better crew
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I had exactly the same menu on AMS-ATH yesterday, however I chose the veal option. Your mains was the "Chicken legs" item?
Yeup, I had the chicken legs as my main.

Somehow, on a shorter flight, you got the salad served as a first course and the cheese unwrapped. Guess you had a better crew
I find A3 service to be inconsistent with regards to how they serve the main and the salad. Most of the times I get the salad and main together - this time it was rather an exception
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:00 pm

A3-449 VIE-HER 05.10.16 economy
Attached Images  
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:04 pm

Both this flight and the previous one (VIE-HER) I managed to get seat 1A with nobody in 1B. No neighbour, hot food, wine....what's not to like!?

A3-452 HER-CDG 05.10.16 economy
Attached Images  
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by headingwest
A3-449 VIE-HER 05.10.16 economy
I just had exactly this on an early morning (03:30) TLL-ATH although there was also a small bowl of fruit slices. A bit disappointing, to be honest, but I guess I'm just spoiled by my business class upgrades (that flight is Y only). At least I had the whole of 1DEF to stretch out and sleep on!
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nikolask

One of my favourite A3 mains ^
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:57 am

Flew ATH-DUS today in business.

The new monthly Cyclades special for October: Honey glazed chicken (legs) from Andros, Naxos Potatoes, cheese and chickpeas from Sifnos.

The chicken was (understandably) very sweet, which worked well with the semi-sweet white wine that they paired it with: Karamolegos Santorini (2015)

The rest of the flight was, while still good, not of the high standard that we are used to: They only had one kind of white wine, they ran out of food choices after row 1, no cappuccino, and the same crew member seemed to keep forgetting my coffee order as she kept asking if I wanted coffee while I had already ordered with her.

No biggie though, the food was still great - and so was the mastiha liquer!

Last edited by Xandrios; Oct 10, 2016 at 10:06 am
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:31 am

Flew Ams-Ath today in business. The special was the lobster, however I chose the chicken. The other normal option was veal filet on skewers with oven roasted potatoes and asparagus.

Smoked turkey and couscous salad.

Grilled Chicken on rice, with pine nuts and walnut cream. If you like pine nuts you will love this dish. Very tasty and pine-y!

Desert sweets. I did notice that for the second flight in a row the coffee machine was broken, they only served filter and instant coffee.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S

The rest of the flight was, while still good, not of the high standard that we are used to: They only had one kind of white wine, they ran out of food choices after row 1, no cappuccino, and the same crew member seemed to keep forgetting my coffee order as she kept asking if I wanted coffee while I had already ordered with her.
Flew GVA - ATH on Oct 17 in business and was actually also disappointed (against the usually great performance of Aegean): they had only 1 of the food menu items, the alternative pasta with seafood was completely dry and tasteless, and they also had only 1 of the white wines and one of the red. Desert was only 3 small slices of cheese.
Coffee only the filter one, but they gave me a triple Mastiha to compensate
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:48 am

Don't get me wrong - am am not complaining. These flights are about half the price as the competition (KLM on my route) and offer a much better product. And with the upgrade coupons these are just outrageous - the best value you will find in Europe on any carrier.

In your case I can understand a little disappointment re desert. Did the menu mention the normal sweets, or did it specifically mention a cheese platter or something like that? I am wondering if this may have been an accidental catering issue..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.