Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:32 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HNF01
I have noticed that in the wine section of the Blue magazine it mentions new wines. Perhaps we should expect wine change both in-flight and in-lounge soon.

So I am impatiently waiting for reviews/advice from our Greek friends here as I have noticed there are some with good wine nose !
Unfortunately I know nothing about wine, but I did remember to take some pictures of the article - and tried some as well. The theme this time is the Peloponnisos, which I was particularly interested in as that's where I am living

The articles about the individual wines can be found here:
Mantineia
Sideritis
Aras
Cabernet Sauvignon

I tried the Sideritis white with the chicken dish and it was great. It's from the Axaia region (Between Patras and Kalavrita) which is beautiful and very mountainous. Aside from wine they also have the best honey - with various flavours, from Pine to specific herbs to Eucalyptus.

On paper the Cabernet Sauvignon sounded best to me for the veal dish, but I personally did not like it as much as others that I have tried before. A little too 'strong' if that is a way to describe a wine - unfortunately its the best I can come up with At the same time it was very mellow though, and not acidic at all. This was also (by far) the most popular wine - at least three bottles were emptied during this flight.

Last edited by Xandrios; Nov 15, 2015 at 10:48 am
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I am not a fan of breakfast on most airlines especially in J. BA is not bad but shrinking every year. I dont like breakfast on A3 as a rule. Lunch,Dinner is always better.
Agreed; I usually try to avoid those flights but I couldn't help it on this trip, unfortunately.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Agreed; I usually try to avoid those flights but I couldn't help it on this trip, unfortunately.
True sometimes you just cant avoid it. I just flew EK in J on two breakfast flights and have to say it actually was quite good but I still prefer lunch/dinner flights.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by DELLAS
True sometimes you just cant avoid it. I just flew EK in J on two breakfast flights and have to say it actually was quite good but I still prefer lunch/dinner flights.
One of the things I like about East Asian airlines (SQ, OZ, and CA for example) is that they tend to have a non-western offer on breakfast flights, which tends to be less breakfasty and more to my personal taste.

Although, I recently flew a morning ATH-TXL in Y and with the seafood meal, got an interesting seafood omelette in a tomato sauce (Not ketchup). The omelette wasn't particularly delicious, but the addition of the non-identifiable seafood made it worthwhile.
Btw, just have to mention, I love that A3 offers a seafood meal option. And I would say that they usually do a pretty good job at it.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
all the special meals (except the kosher one :P) are much better than the normal Y meal
Seafood is usually great (usually something looking like cod but I had salmon once), and halal meal is also very good (kebabs with tomato sauce and rice)
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:53 am
Original Poster

LHR-ATH 1635 flight

Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:32 am

They need to get rid of the cheap crackers and offer some real nuts with the drinks service I d say
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Looks very nice DELLAS, thanks for posting. Just one question, what's in the silver foiled pack?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Looks very nice DELLAS, thanks for posting. Just one question, what's in the silver foiled pack?
Wet wipes
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
They don't have hot towels!?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
They don't have hot towels!?
They do.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:23 am

Looks nice What was in the salad besides dolmades and chickpeas?

Awesome as well for them to serve youvetsi, not so common outside of Greece (and perhaps Italy where its known as Orzo) What's next, hilopites?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
...Awesome as well for them to serve youvetsi, not so common outside of Greece (and perhaps Italy where its known as Orzo) ...
You mean kritharaki.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:19 pm

/offtopic
I believe kritharaki is the pasta itself, while youvetsi is the name of the whole dish right?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:22 pm

lol

Can imagine the vegetarian meal being cheapo spanakorizo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.