Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Thank you KLouis and gpb_cropper63. :-: I will follow the advice given.

Oh, as an aside on a OT, (forgive me mods), last night I was VERY impressed with CS when I Skyped them in Athens. I am still using crutches and asked for wheel chair assistance for my 3 sector flights (IST-LIS via ATH and LHR) this Saturday.

No problem and all sorted very quickly after asking me questions about whether I could bend my leg (yes, no cast). They included the LHR-LIS sector with TAP Portugal. They suggested I check with TAP to make sure the assistance would be provided on their sector. I did - and received confirmation that the requested assistance was "assigned" for the sector with TAP.

Bravo to A3 for excellent CS ^
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:42 am

Awful "thing" for breakfast

I didn't take a picture, but let me describe this to you. Background info: I have registered for Seafood in my B+M profile. So, last Saturday the FA comes to me and asks whether I'm indeed Mr KLouis. She then brings me my SFML, i.e. this white bubbly but firm thing that had zero taste (not bad taste but no taste what so ever). Lying on that thing I found a tiny headless shrimp, that also had zero taste. My professional background led me to conclude that

a) the shrimp was an ex frozen shrimp that had lost almost all of its water content along with any water-soluble taste/smell inducing chemical molecule in that process. It was, most probably, cooked separately from the white thing and laid on it while packing the two together

b) the white thing was an omelette ersatz made from dehydrated egg white (albumin grade 1), similar to what some US luxury hotels that care about your cholesterol make their omelettes from.

One more of those disgusting things and I'll seriously start thinking about switching to FR.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I guess those are the joys of getting a special meal Sometimes its better than the regular, sometimes its worse..

Last Saturday I flew AMS-ATH again. Very enjoyable flight, departure (roughly) on time - middle seat free for the first 5 rows or so in Economy. While the food was almost identical to the previous time(s) it was good enough. Definitely better than the competing KLM flight.

My one complaint would actually be for Schiphol (AMS airport): There was only an economy line for check-in, and no way around it unless you would actually start asking people to let you pass through the roped off line. Asked at the desk why they closed the business class check in and was told that there was only one business class pax anyway, so it was not worth the effort. Wow..
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
shrimp
A3 can do shrimp properly - here is the latest fare on ATH-LHR in J. It was very good. I also tried the Pine Forest wine which was very drinkable (I only drink rarely and I don't really like whites normally but this was nice)

Menu

Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Only 4 shrimps? Who are they feeding? Their children?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Only 4 shrimps? Who are they feeding? Their children?
lol, yeah a bit stingy and I only had 2! (The other 2 went to my wife as we share the mains)

Nonetheless you won't go hungry on A3, we couldn't finish everything and that's even after saving all the crackers and cookies for later...

On that note, I preferred the former "soft cookie" with the jammy filling to the current Oreo-lookalike.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
...to the current Oreo-lookalike.
Γεμιστά Παπαδοπούλου: made me feel like 60 years younger
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:47 pm

This joke with the choriatiki should come to an end, come on guys, it's not even summer when the tomatoes are tasty!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:44 pm

Last edited by KLouis; Jan 23, 2017 at 8:48 pm Reason: Oooooooops, sorry...
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:04 am

This joke with the choriatiki should come to an end, come on guys, it's not even summer when the tomatoes are tasty!
Its a matter of taste to be honest. I much rather have such salad than what you get on most other airlines, mayonaise-overloaded wilted lettuce..
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:33 am

Yep, I don't disagree, but what happened to the nice octopus/salmon appetizer etc?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Yep, I don't disagree, but what happened to the nice octopus/salmon appetizer etc?
I travelled ATH-LHR a week ago and I was hoping the octopus would be back. Instead, the starter was shrimp salad - basically one largeish shrimp on a bed of lettuce. I can't remember if there was a sauce but there were some very small red 'fruits' which were quite tasty. It was OK but nothing special. I had the shrimp main course (pictured earlier) so I'd have prefered something else to start.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:49 am

More food pics this time from CPH-ATH.

We were the only people in J so the service was very attentive. The FA heated up 4 main course dishes just so she could display two options to each of us, which wasn't really necessary but we were too slow to tell her that we always have one of each (unless one option sounds awful just from the description...)

Also my first encounter with a male FA on A3.

Would have liked to try the octopus, but at least I've never had the same thing twice on A3 yet (can't say the same for BA's afternoon tea or the cold meats...)

Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:27 pm

Looks good!

With both choices already prepared for each of you I'd probably have asked to sample both Although in your case you'd probably already were able to do that by sharing.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:06 am

I flew ATH-DUS in business today. First time (for me) trying the famous octopus, and I have to say that I am a fan!

Mains was chicken 'brochette'; chicken tasted great but did contain a wooden needle - seems these are in fact souvlakia! (And try to kill pax )

Sweets as desert:

For whoever is interested, the special menu/wine choice this month. The retsina wine was not bad, I tried it as I had already sampled the other wines other times.

And the other wine choices:

Last edited by Xandrios; Jan 30, 2017 at 9:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.