Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AMS-ATH and ATH-AMS

Flew over the (long)weekend for my yearly 4 flights with A3 and using my seat upgrade coupons. Here are a couple of meal photos from the flights.
AMS-ATH (dinner flight)

Veal

Veal

Chicken option

Chicken option

Dessert - chocolate

Returned on the morning flight (Breakfast) [although with the delay it should have been lunch] - flight was about 30 mins longer due to the head winds of Storm Ciara (and the reason for the delay). I had wanted to order the pancakes, but after the first 6 pax before me ordering it, it was all gone (seated in 2D/F).

Eggs with spinach with an olive based muffin

Mountain tea and liquer

All in all, I was satisfied with the food options and taste.

Cheers!
DELLAS and Xandrios like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Probably because the pancakes are yummy! Thanks for the photos
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Flew over the (long)weekend for my yearly 4 flights with A3 and using my seat upgrade coupons. Here are a couple of meal photos from the flights.
AMS-ATH (dinner flight)

Veal

Veal

Chicken option

Chicken option

Dessert - chocolate

Returned on the morning flight (Breakfast) [although with the delay it should have been lunch] - flight was about 30 mins longer due to the head winds of Storm Ciara (and the reason for the delay). I had wanted to order the pancakes, but after the first 6 pax before me ordering it, it was all gone (seated in 2D/F).

Mountain tea and liquer

All in all, I was satisfied with the food options and taste.

Cheers!
All looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing .
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:18 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Cheers!
Hold on, was that last Saturday? I was on the same AMS-ATH flight then ...

Wasn't able to order the beef as they had ran out - I was at 2D with 3 rows in total.

And the new wines: White, White, Red, Red.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Hold on, was that last Saturday? I was on the same AMS-ATH flight then ...
I was on the Friday flight - it it would have been the same, either one of us will be sitting on either one's lap as I was in te same seat

The did try one of the White Orivatis wine as pre-meal drink and I thought it was very drinkable, with my meat I went for the Noussa, which went very well with the veal.

Cheers!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:02 pm

Haha, that'd be a funny coincidence - us both posting the same flight!

Prior to this flight I came off a turbulent United flight from the states and was feeling severely jetlagged (crappy) having not slept. So I kept the food and wine to a minimum this time. Tried half a glass of the Noussa though and I also thought that it was not bad. The dessert I skipped (even though it looks delicious).
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Updates to onboard catering with new branding:

giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:54 am

Given the fact that the pillow isn't part of the catering.... is that pouch-looking item on the left of the tray an amenity kit (and if so, is it only for "certain occasions")?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:02 am
Original Poster

The economy class dishes look interesting as do the wooden cutlery.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:28 am

Wooden cutlery is quite horrible though. Its not practical and generally not comfortable to use.

I'm flying to AMS in business tomorrow; we'll see what they will serve. Its going to be on the older aircraft but I guess the new food concept applies to the whole fleet..?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:04 am

Not practical and not comfortable to use? I guess it's only a matter of getting used to them. Only yesterday I read in a newspaper that usage of plastic bags at supermarkets in Greece went down 97.4% during the last year. Greeks leaving a supermarket with less than 10 bags per shopper! I never thought I'd see this in Crete, but they also got used to it. Same (more or less) for smoking in restaurants after the newest law. I'm sure we'll all get used to the wooden cutlery within the next year, at the latest!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:19 am

I'm not sure. The KLM lounge in AMS has had them since they re-opened about a year ago and I still dislike them, in spite of having used them many times. They are way too 'rough' and give me the impression that I'll end up with splinters in my mouth! Not a fan..
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Not practical and not comfortable to use? I guess it's only a matter of getting used to them. Only yesterday I read in a newspaper that usage of plastic bags at supermarkets in Greece went down 97.4% during the last year. Greeks leaving a supermarket with less than 10 bags per shopper! I never thought I'd see this in Crete, but they also got used to it. Same (more or less) for smoking in restaurants after the newest law. I'm sure we'll all get used to the wooden cutlery within the next year, at the latest!

Its all about changing habbits and educating people. The use of plastics needs to be drastically cut in Greece along with many other EU countries. I would like to see Aegean Airlines lead the way in their removal of such plastics and also supporting programs on the ground and in communities. Aegean have a platform which can be used in their adverts and social media. Id rather use wooden knives and forks then see them wash up on Greek beaches or any other beaches for that matter.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:27 am

Some more from Y

ATH-DUS Y breakfast (one bar service)

ATH-BRU Y breakfast (one bar service)

LHR-ATH Y dinner (one bar service)
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Its all about changing habbits and educating people. The use of plastics needs to be drastically cut in Greece along with many other EU countries. I would like to see Aegean Airlines lead the way in their removal of such plastics and also supporting programs on the ground and in communities. Aegean have a platform which can be used in their adverts and social media. Id rather use wooden knives and forks then see them wash up on Greek beaches or any other beaches for that matter.
Wow! You've really opened my eyes now. I've always thought that using wooden cutlery is bad because you have to cut down trees to make them, and cutting down trees releases a lot of CO2. I've always thought that we need the trees to convert CO2 to O2. But I was unaware that Aegean throws their trash into the Mediterranean Sea. I never noticed that on any on my Aegean flights. But given that knowledge, I fully concur that it's better that we cut down some trees and release a lot of CO2 into the atmosphere so that Aegean can throw throw wooden cutlery rather than plastic cutlery in the Mediterranean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.