Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by giorginho
KATERGOO that quinoa salad looks like an upgrade from the previous version ​​​​​​.
But people grabbing those salt and pepper "souvenirs" on the outbound flights is probably the reason why you won't see them (or any salt+pepper at all for that matter) in my post #1506 on an inbound flight...
I would think that trays are ready for return flights to Athens and that the crew does set the trays with whatever is left for the return flight ...
... however, I agree, this is no excuse.
giorginho likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Harper50505
I wondered recently how many salt and pepper shakers have disappeared since they were introduced!
A friend of mine is an FA and they are aware its not a major issue but does happen maybe a few times a week on flights that they have operated. Probably the ones that you lot are on
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:29 am

Programs: *G | OW Sapphire
28.07.2023 - FRA-ATH in J

no salt/pepper shakers ;-)

Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
I hope to see in my tray on Monday morning flight to Zrh....
Old Jul 29, 2023, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
A friend of mine is an FA and they are aware its not a major issue but does happen maybe a few times a week on flights that they have operated. Probably the ones that you lot are on
For the record, I was tempted. But didn't!
DELLAS, AlwaysFlyStar and KATERGOO like this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 4:57 am

Why dont they gave them as a gift for business class customers like KLM does with the houses?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 9:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I don't believe that they would re-use those salt&pepper shakers on the return flight. From a hygiene standpoint I don't believe they would do that. Rather I suspect that they are only catered from ATH or other outstations that have full fledged Aegean catering. Other outstations probably aren't able?

Last time I flew Aegean from AMS (June) the tray came with cutlery branded "Sola Netherlands" and was obviously not catered by A3 in Athens.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:29 am

The food itself is definitely loaded at the outstation (at least in my experience, this was also confirmed to me when I asked once by the cabin crew). However cutlery, branding and the rest of the "hardware" (napkins, table cloth and I'd bet the drinks etc.) has always been Aegean's own (can't speak for AMS though). So it's a bit of a gray area ​​​​​​.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Harper50505
For the record, I was tempted. But didn't!
I would be too but also something inside activates my "resist" buttons. Maybe its the
thought of the FA coming back after collecting the tray and asking for them back in front of all the other J passengers
AlwaysFlyStar and Harper50505 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I would be too but also something inside activates my "resist" buttons. Maybe its the
thought of the FA coming back after collecting the tray and asking for them back in front of all the other J passengers
I don't think the crew would do this. If you pay 600 euros your one way business class flight, you can take away the salt and peeper shakers ... which are probably worth 2 euros.
Narongsuk likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:28 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

ATH departure this afternoon. Beef was good, dessert was awesome. Though for a 3hr flight I’d have liked them to serve the courses separate.

Also.. no porcelain shakers departing Athens. So I don’t think it’s because people take these on a specific flight impacting the return pax, but rather Aegean is running out of these in general
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Also.. no porcelain shakers departing Athens.
I wanted to include this info in my last post, but because back then I hadn't taken any pictures, I became somewhat uncertain about it. However I too believe, that during our previous flight ex-ATH mid-April we also had no porcelain shakers ​​​​​​. I'd probably remember it if we had gotten them. Let's see if they're there tomorrow ​​​​​​...
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
And YESSSS I'm owner of a porcelain set..... Today Ath to Zrh flight.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho
... that during our previous flight ex-ATH mid-April we also had no porcelain shakers ​​​​​​. I'd probably remember it if we had gotten them. Let's see if they're there tomorrow ​​​​​​...
Yes once again NO porcelain salt&pepper shakers ex-ATH!!!
Food was totally underwhelming too, probably the worst I've ever had on an Aegean flight counting both options. I basically just ate the yoghurt and some of the fruit slices.

The omelet felt more like a "saganaki" piece (grilled cheese) under all that tomato sauce.

The tart had way too much "green stuff" for my liking, or at least their flavour was predominant. Couldn't eat more than 2 bites.
You can also clearly see on the top left corner our "salt&pepper shakers". Nobody on the flight got the real deal.
Lol... That was of course (not even) the least of our issues, but that's a different story and has nothing to do with the catering.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 4:00 am

How long will they continue to offer breakfast, with the main part of it being INEDIBLE?
This has been going on for YEARS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.