Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
First time back on A3 and to Greece since COVID... A3601 from LHR, completely full so didn't get coupon upgraded, economy meal is now like 30% of the size of the pre COVID economy meal and kind of tasteless, but hey the wifi works
Looks quite disappointing. Was there at least a bread roll served with that? Looks like the dessert/snack bar has disappeared too.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 3:23 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by headingwest
Looks quite disappointing. Was there at least a bread roll served with that? Looks like the dessert/snack bar has disappeared too.
No, that was it just those two small pots. They did do 2 drinks runs though. On the return also in Y, I had the beef kebab with mashed potatoes which tasted a bit better, but if I hadn't gorged myself in the new extra-Schengen lounge (which is really nice) just before, I would have been quite hungry.

I agree with most of the points made above, a small meal is better than no meal, but not worth paying extra for, however for me there is no choice between A3 and LCCs, because for as long as keeping A3*G is viable then I need to do the 4 flights - so I've already chosen A3 and it's irrelevant what the price would be on LCCs, or indeed any other airline.

Whereas someone who chose to go to Greece first, then started looking at airlines, might be attracted primarily by the price. And people who go to and from Greece regularly also have a choice, but A3 planes are full so people are choosing them even without any status perks. Whether purely on price or partly on the whole experience I have no idea.

Anyway - I managed to get a coupon upgrade on TIA-ATH, but with it being a short morning flight there wasn't any choice of food. Yoghurt pot plus small slices of bread, cheese and meat, a big prune and some leaves. For some reason others got a white "Greek" yoghurt but mine was yellow and oat flavour, it was quite nice but the FA decided to give me an additional snack bar (not pictured) as "compensation" for not having the "normal" one.

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 12:57 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, a hugely distracting side discussion which morphed into a comparison of seat pitch has been removed. It really should be pretty obvious what the purpose of this thread is ...

/mod
KLouis likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 10:13 am

On a DUS-SKG flight (full 3 rows in C), I had a new appetizer (thank god, the quinoa salad is out - i hated it) and new desert. Mains I have tried before.

On a morning SKG-BRU flight, I assume the menu has been also given before? On this flight I did not have the "new" salt+pepper in the logo. I was also the only C pax on an otherwise empty flight (60 pax.)
Attached Images     
romans and Harper50505 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:07 pm

A breakfast question:
- stuffed crepes with vegetables, chicken apaki and graviera cheese from Crete
- Omellete 'sfouggato' with cream cheese,red and green pepper, grated zucchini and mint

Of I shall pick the special fish breakfast?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 8:50 pm

The seafood breakfast usually consists of fruit and yoghurt, plus an omelette containing a few (literally) small shrimps.
Anubis13 and giorginho like this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Anubis13
A breakfast question:
- stuffed crepes with vegetables, chicken apaki and graviera cheese from Crete
- Omellete 'sfouggato' with cream cheese,red and green pepper, grated zucchini and mint

Of I shall pick the special fish breakfast?
I find Aegean's crepes inedible.
hugolover and Anubis13 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, AY PLT, BA Gold, DL PM, SK Gold, LH FTL, IHG PLT, Marriott Silver
A3 765 HEL-ATH
July 2023
A320
Business Class

My first time on Aegean since 2019 and I have to say, I was pretty darn impressed! It seems that A3 is the only airline which has been able to improve its passenger experience during the last couple of years post pandemic. Each house was served separately, which kind of blew me away as my home airport carrier AY doesn't do that even on as 12 hours flight to Asia. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. They had super tasty passionfruit Martini's which were refreshing and delicious. One of the top flights of year 2023 for me.

Appetizer of baby potato salad with smoked eel

Main course chicken thigh with eggplant cream and feta cheese and olives

Dessert chocolate fondant with mastic
Carfield, SK, nldogbert and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold

Quinoa salad, chicken thigh, Manouri cheese

Delicious crispy kadaifi (we got 2 each &#128517

Aegean 🩶
giorginho and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor
Salt and peper is souvenir ? i mean you can take it ?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:28 am

I wondered recently how many salt and pepper shakers have disappeared since they were introduced!
Old Jul 26, 2023, 5:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Harper50505
I wondered recently how many salt and pepper shakers have disappeared since they were introduced!
I was tempted to kidnap one.. but decided not too since they were exposed - meaning pepper and salt will be all over the place.. I guess if you do ask nicely, the FA would be ok if you take one.

Cheers!
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:50 am

Has the same (nice) meal as DALtoAAL's on BRU-ATH but salt&pepper were not served as nicely... Have they ran out of those sigmature shakers already?
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gioannis13
Salt and peper is souvenir ? i mean you can take it ?
I did not ask, I took it !
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:04 pm

KATERGOO that quinoa salad looks like an upgrade from the previous version ​​​​​​.
But people grabbing those salt and pepper "souvenirs" on the outbound flights is probably the reason why you won't see them (or any salt+pepper at all for that matter) in my post #1506 on an inbound flight...
KATERGOO likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.