Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by BA6948
I think A3 should review the whole breakfast offering as it is really subpar. And a breakfast should be the easiest meal to prepare.
I find breakfast to be the poorest meal on most airlines unfortunately. Not really sure why that is but it’s always so uninspired. I was actually very impressed with the LH breakfast offering on our 50 minute BER-MUC leg.

Squerez likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:15 am

This is typical/representative Lufthansa/german breakfast (which I can't say for the omelete or toast regarding greek traditional breakfast).
Here's what Lufthansa served us (I guess it's kind of half-on-topic because it was on an Aegean miles redemption ticket) in business class on a less-than-2-hours hop from Frankfurt to London about 2,5 years ago.. (I know, trip down memory lane, I kind of like those... )

Got some juice and a croissant + bread later too!

Haha, gotta love how the silverware posed for this last pic .
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Haven't flown LH/LX/OS in a while, but the granola seems to be a common option for short flights. On the longer ones, at least pre-pandemic, breakfast would look like this (ZRH-ATH):

Not spectacular, but presented in a nice way and pretty decent.
giorginho likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
I find breakfast to be the poorest meal on most airlines unfortunately. Not really sure why that is but it’s always so uninspired. I was actually very impressed with the LH breakfast offering on our 50 minute BER-MUC leg.

I think British Airways still serves a decent breakfast as well as Turkish Airlines obviously.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:40 am

I think British Airways still serves a decent breakfast as well as Turkish Airlines obviously.
Well each to their own and I agree about Turkish but I would rate Aegean breakfasts (which could do with improvment) way, way above those of British Airways which now I decline and it often looks to me as though more is sent back than eaten.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
May 29, 2022 - A3332 ATH-CHQ, Departure Time 08:05

Continental Breakfast for the 35 minute flight

Cappuccino served on the Quick service

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Great pictures Francis!
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Yeah that definitely looks nice!
Thank you bostontraveler & Xandrios 😊

As for all the complaints about Aegean Breakfast, I suggest each of you to check out the Air Canada omelette.
A meal that hasn't changed in 20+ Years and likely won't change for 50 Years! ☝️
SK, Sealink, Xandrios and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
"Business Class". I'm simply amazed people would eat the cheapest most processed crap meat that money can buy. If the chiller stops working in BER they can be sure the meat will keep fresh for weeks!

They may as well pop down to Ken Morrisons and get some Billy Bear luncheon meat.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
CDG-CHQ. Party of 2. Each one took a different option:
- Cheeses were good
- the Salmon salad was excellent
- Beef with Caron sauce. Good. On the sweet side but if you like that go for it
- Chicken Pasta very good.
- Pre departure drink was served which is new to me. Didn’t have that during covid.

Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
CDG-CHQ. Party of 2. Each one took a different option:
- Cheeses were good
- the Salmon salad was excellent
- Beef with Caron sauce. Good. On the sweet side but if you like that go for it
- Chicken Pasta very good.
- Pre departure drink was served which is new to me. Didn’t have that during covid.

they improved but it’s far from what it was pre covid. Sad.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:59 am

Aegean catering is back to normal, they started also to serv wine on ecomomy class!
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by powergean
Aegean catering is back to normal, they started also to serv wine on ecomomy class!
Since when? Last week they had beer in Eco, but no hot meal. Still small sandwich or rice pudding.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by PM2011
Since when? Last week they had beer in Eco, but no hot meal. Still small sandwich or rice pudding.
The crew told me since end of last week.
giorginho and tony2022 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
May 31, 2022 - A3 333 CHQ-ATH, Depature Time 09:30

Same Continental Breakfast as Post 1251

Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:09 am

May 31, 2022 - A3664 ATH-MXP, Departure Time 16:20

Contrary to Post 1241, I was unable to request a special meal in the MMB section.
So was stuck with the regular menu

Regular Menu

Towelette and a Pack of UNO

Main Meal Tray

Appetizer
Salad Mesclun with Red Pepper, Cherry Tomato, and Vinigrette

Main Course
Roasted Sea Bass Fillet with Vegetables and Vegetable Sauce

Cheese

Dessert
Serano Chocolate Cake

A Cup of Organic Lemon Verbena to end the service

Cappuccino prior to landing
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:48 am

Wow, just yesterday I reserved the same seabass menu for myself for my upcoming flight. I 'm not such a big fan of hummus, so I didn't opt for the chicken, despite the fact that I think that dish has received positive feedback here. I could also pre-select the beef with tomato sauce and mashed potatoes, but even though I like that very much, I thought I'd take a small "risk" this time, since I also recall reading positive feedback about that. The portion looks quite generous. No bones in there, right?
gioannis13 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.