Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:56 am

According to Newrest, the caterer of Aegean's flights, their partnership has been extended by another 5 years and...... drum roll.... hot meals and hot snacks are (officially) back in economy class as of October 6th (which also matches the reports posted here).
https://en.newrest.gr/2022/10/10/rel...lines-flights/
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:10 am

But when will they bring back proper puddings in business class? It was one of my favourite things about Aegean food service together with a good coffee. The €2 size ones just don't do it.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:31 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

ATH-STR, economy. I was a bit disappointed to see only this, but this was better than it looks. The pizza is veggie (my choice).

JTR-ATH, Business. Very good value for a short domestic hop.

FRA-ATH, Business

FRA-ATH, Business. Main is the veal, which was quite good. The started was bland.
KATERGOO, giorginho and gioannis13 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold

MAD-ATH economy

It's a long flight (around 3.5 hours), so we got a hot meal.

Two falafels served with rice and tomato sauce. The falafels and the sauce were OK. The rice was obviously overcooked.
Mini-salad with 1 cherry tomato. The cucumber didn't look very fresh. The brown parts were bits of soggy bread (?).

The other option was a chicken dish.

After the main meal, the crew served tea/coffee and ... small bags of mini bread sticks (cheese flavour). Was it a dessert?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:15 am

ATH-MAD economy

On the way back to Madrid, I chose a pork meal. Three pieces of meat with potatoes and strips of green and red peppers. The main was reasonably tasty for an economy meal.
Mini-salad with 1 olive. The vegetables tasted fresher than on my way to Greece - they were more crispy. No olive oil/vinegar/salt. Just pieces of vegetables.

The other option was pasta with vegetables.

After the main meal, the crew served coffee/tea and very small sesame seed bars.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:21 am

SKG-ATH business

It's such a short flight (around 35 minutes in the air) that only cold breakfast + coffee/tea is served.
Two pieces of bread. The one on the left had a generous layer of cream cheese with herbs and was quite tasty.
The one of the right had two thick slices of chicken breast (?) - it was really, really dry. Not much fun.
Plus one tomato, one olive and a lettuce leaf.

Something sweet: A very thin chocolate in its own cardboard box. Very plain milk chocolate. I guess the box costs more than the chocolate.

Fortunately, the breakfast in the business lounge in Thessaloniki was much better.
giorginho and gioannis13 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by testman

SKG-ATH business

It's such a short flight (around 35 minutes in the air) that only cold breakfast + coffee/tea is served.
Two pieces of bread. The one on the left had a generous layer of cream cheese with herbs and was quite tasty.
The one of the right had two thick slices of chicken breast (?) - it was really, really dry. Not much fun.
Plus one tomato, one olive and a lettuce leaf.

Something sweet: A very thin chocolate in its own cardboard box. Very plain milk chocolate. I guess the box costs more than the chocolate.

Fortunately, the breakfast in the business lounge in Thessaloniki was much better.

I am not sure about the taste, but it looks very appetizing.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by testman

ATH-MAD economy

On the way back to Madrid, I chose a pork meal. Three pieces of meat with potatoes and strips of green and red peppers. The main was reasonably tasty for an economy meal.
Mini-salad with 1 olive. The vegetables tasted fresher than on my way to Greece - they were more crispy. No olive oil/vinegar/salt. Just pieces of vegetables.

The other option was pasta with vegetables.

After the main meal, the crew served coffee/tea and very small sesame seed bars.
That is more than pre-covid. where only a main hot meal was served... Do we know what bands get what?
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew the AMS route and got the beef carob option. Was the 3rd one on the preselect list (which usually is not available on board) but was actually one of the menu choices on board too. Dish didn’t look great but was pretty tasty.

Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Flew the AMS route and got the beef carob option. Was the 3rd one on the preselect list (which usually is not available on board) but was actually one of the menu choices on board too. Dish didn’t look great but was pretty tasty.

Looks very good and tastes even better. But I think A3 should now refresh its menus. We haven't had any changes since Covid I think.
choosethedrew and ermis177 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Aegean were at WTM today and I got talking to a cabin crew member and sales team. Was really good to get a crews insights into the operation and product etc ..

The Christmas menu's are coming and the pomegranate liqueur is highly recommended. They were highlighting the hot meals in Y return.

Oh but for me the Melomakarona cant come soon enough !
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
November 2022
A3 665 MXP-ATH Dinner - Economy

Options Meat or no meat pizza, this was the "meat" "pizza" , tastes as bad as it looks haha

A3 660 ATH-MXP - Breakfast - Economy
Options Breakfast Cheese or Vegan Cheese pastries
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:51 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

14 Nov: AMS-ATH 12.25 flight

Here's the meal from my flight yesterday - service wise - it was OK, I had better service. (worst was when one of the FA (from Eco) came to clean up and I could not believe my eye when she tossed the empty chocolate box which my neighbour had placed on the tray table of the middle seat onto the tray between seats - it was empty, so why not just take it when already busy clearing the glasses for landing).
No proactive refilling glasses/drinks.

Cheers!

Dessert and tea

Chicken option with quinoa

Pre-departure sparkling wine (flat, as all bubbles were gone)
Xandrios, ermis177 and gioannis13 like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

15 Nov: ATH-AMS

On this morning breakfast flight - as expected more or less the same options after so many years. Had the Oven Baked Omelet which was ok, the chicken breast was really rubbery and salty - it did go well with the omelet. The croissant was also quite bad....
I still don't like current post-covid service. Crew was slightly better than the day's before - however I had better.

Oven baked omelete

Mastiha before arriving (I have never had one that came as promised on the menu, with a paraline - the chocolate piece was served before that to all pax, so I don't count it in this case)
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
You received a hot towel? I havent been given a hot towel for years on Aegean. Definitely not on my most recent flight earlier this month.
DELLAS, jfkeze, Chr04 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.