Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by giorginho
Wow, just yesterday I reserved the same seabass menu for myself for my upcoming flight. I 'm not such a big fan of hummus, so I didn't opt for the chicken, despite the fact that I think that dish has received positive feedback here. I could also pre-select the beef with tomato sauce and mashed potatoes, but even though I like that very much, I thought I'd take a small "risk" this time, since I also recall reading positive feedback about that. The portion looks quite generous. No bones in there, right?
No bones in the fish 👍
Problem with the seabass as Xandrios said before, no carbs underneath the fillet so hopefully one isn't terribly hungry.

If you were a betting man, I would rather bet on the Moslem meal.
And pray you get the same meal I posted in Post 1241
giorginho likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does A3 serve meals in Y these days or just a sandwich? Looking at MUC-ATH or CDG-ATH.
Also, how do you pre-order meals in business? on the website?
Does A3 do pre-departure drinks on all flights now? Is it just water or a choice from the bar?
How is A3 on wine refills inflight? Those glasses look minuscule.

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Jun 24, 2022 at 2:09 pm
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:52 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm not sure about economy. Reports upthread seem to indicate that some form of catering exists again, but no pictures have been posted yet.

Pre-order special meals (vegetarian, etc) on the website. Specific meal choices also through the website but not available to every booking/flight.
Departure drinks is a bit hit and miss. When served, usually they have a few choices (water, OJ, sparkling wine).
During the meal you can get plenty of refils. I'm sure that if you ask for more after the meal they'll also happily top up. The glasses are not that small actually, also considering that they are typically filled up pretty much to the max.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by powergean
The crew told me since end of last week.
Today again just box with sandwich (DUS-HER). Maybe it depends on the route.

SK, Xandrios and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:19 pm

DUS - ATH today had I think 199 pax and a completely sold-out business class, so zero luck for all my efforts to get 1 or 2 upgrades issued (applied vouchers all the way back in early November 2021, even made an offer on the upgrade bid that wasn't the absolute minimum required... Anyway). I had pre-ordered the seabass dish and the other two pre-order options were the hummus chicken and the beef with mashed potatoes. Out of all those 3 pre-order options (mind you I selected mine with about (or less than!) a week to go) only the beef was on the in-flight menu. The only other option was a "different" chicken-based meal. I also for the first time in a long time took a shot at one the wines, because I liked how it read, and it was delicious. And don't anyone dare to tell me I can't have whatever color wine I want with whatever meal I want ​​​​​​! Finally, a dessert I can actually easily eat and with pleasure.

A seabass cooked to perfection!

The Kourites wine was delicious to me.

Cappuccino in lufthansa's firs..... Errrhm I mean Aegean's business class 😜

PS.
​​​​PM2011 wow man that was a full house today at DUS!
PS.
​​​Economy class meals: I don't have a picture for you but it was a choice between two pre-packaged sandwiches, so no hot meal there.
PS.
Lounge catering : It was the Hugo Junkers lounge at T2, breakfast was served, nothing worth mentioning. Sadly no handicapped/baby toilets there and it was filled up to the ceiling with people ​​​​​​. I'd actually gladly take the Lufthansa lounge at T1 over this one.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
These pictures are great. Do all meals get the cheese? I chose the Hindu Veg option because I didn't like the three choices on the menu, but may revert to the beef just so I can enjoy the full service from the menu (including the Greek cheese). Ive noticed on some pictures, the dessert course is served separately (Fruit) but on others it's on the tray. Interesting.

On domestic flights in business, is there wine? or just soft drinks?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That looks great indeed. And I do love that halva dessert. Still trying to figure out what's added in there to make it stand out from the home made version My best guess so far... they've added cream. If they have.. great decision

With regular meals cheese is served, and I think most special meals as well - as long as it doesn't conflict. And another exception to this rule is ... Easter. As most Greeks will be fasting a special fasting meal is served at that time, where they replace the cheese with something better suited.

I don't think cheese would conflict with Hindu Veg (though I could be wrong). If you want to be sure, and one of the regular options sounds appealing... I'd say go for that. If you search through this thread you'll probably be able to find a picture of that specific meal.

Dessert used to be always served separate, now that they have reduced the portion size since covid its typically on the main tray. One exception could maybe be breakfast flights where the dessert/fruit plate may be somewhat more substantial? Havent personally taken a breakfast flight in ages, so won't be able to confirm that one.

Domestic there is wine though not from regular sized bottles. There will be a small selection (One red/white) in those airplane-sized one-glass bottles.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios

Domestic there is wine though not from regular sized bottles. There will be a small selection (One red/white) in those airplane-sized one-glass bottles.
Thanks! Oh, it looked like wine was served from cans in some of these pictures. I prefer those since I can remember how much I have had. When it's poured from the big bottle, it's hard to count glasses, ha!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks! Oh, it looked like wine was served from cans in some of these pictures. I prefer those since I can remember how much I have had. When it's poured from the big bottle, it's hard to count glasses, ha!
I have never, ever had wine served from a can, in Greece or elsewhere (though there may be some places they do ). The can in post #1264 contained beer (Mythos beer to be precise).
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by KLouis
I have never, ever had wine served from a can, in Greece or elsewhere (though there may be some places they do ). The can in post #1264 contained beer (Mythos beer to be precise).
Unfortunately, I have, and it was on a plane (AS? B6?). While the wine itself wasn't bad, the can was horrible for pouring. So much dribbled and made a mess, so I just gave up and drank directly from the can. Definitely better to have wine from a 187ml split or a full-sized bottle!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by powergean
Aegean catering is back to normal, they started also to serv wine on ecomomy class!
I think its a soft launch on certain routes. It took longer then expected to bring back but glad its starting to roll out again . I have been doing a lot of flying on other airlines the last number of weeks so have not noticed .
powergean likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho

PS.
​​​​PM2011 wow man that was a full house today at DUS!
PS.
​​​Economy class meals: I don't have a picture for you but it was a choice between two pre-packaged sandwiches, so no hot meal there.
PS.
Lounge catering : It was the Hugo Junkers lounge at T2, breakfast was served, nothing worth mentioning. Sadly no handicapped/baby toilets there and it was filled up to the ceiling with people ​​​​​​. I'd actually gladly take the Lufthansa lounge at T1 over this one.
It worked quite well, but I used online check-in. There was no Gold/Business check-in available. Security check was less than ten minutes.

Is the Hugo Junkers Lounge still possible for A3? I only went to LH lounge.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by PM2011
It worked quite well, but I used online check-in. There was no Gold/Business check-in available. Security check was less than ten minutes.

Is the Hugo Junkers Lounge still possible for A3? I only went to LH lounge.
Your flight was leaving at 11:20 and I was already in line at business/gold check-in at 10:45-10:50, so while probably a bit late for your flight, it was definitely open (counter 150, same nice lady was later at our gate). Not sure if they had different counters for Heraklion than the 145-150 they used for ATH/SKG (I'd say the HER flight also went through the same counters). If I had the chance to only fly with carry-on luggage I'd be grateful, but I had to drop off 4 bags and get a stroller tagged. All 3 flights were departing from terminal B (and from the very far end of it too!) so walking to terminal A and back was way too much trouble for me this time around (done before, but as a solo). Hugo Junkers is the only lounge at terminal B, so even though I was caught off-guard when the check-in agent told me exactly that ("there is only one lounge", without mentioning which one, it quickly dawned on me that it would be the Hugo Junkers), I guess they wouldn't require their customers to move to whole different terminal for lounge access, it's not my fault they change from A to B every few months! Anyway they even granted my wife my "+1" access of my gold status, which was something I had a sudden chilling thought about, since it's not a star alliance lounge, but they let us both in (+ babies) just fine!
Security went well on this crowd-crazy day for 2 reasons: they finally got another contractor to help out as of Friday (3 additional lanes opened up) and more importantly the check was considerably quicker than the pace people went through the check-in counters. The balance was very delicate though, if the pace at security would have slowed down by even 20% you'd have a full house there too! Fun fact: Didn't know, that sweat can be picked up by the scanners as a liquid (it painted my back/shoulders yellow on the monitor ​​​​​​).
Anyway to avoid being 100,0% off-topic here, I'd like to include a close-up of the salad ​​​​​​.

Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm not sure about economy. Reports upthread seem to indicate that some form of catering exists again, but no pictures have been posted yet.

Pre-order special meals (vegetarian, etc) on the website. Specific meal choices also through the website but not available to every booking/flight.
Departure drinks is a bit hit and miss. When served, usually they have a few choices (water, OJ, sparkling wine).
During the meal you can get plenty of refils. I'm sure that if you ask for more after the meal they'll also happily top up. The glasses are not that small actually, also considering that they are typically filled up pretty much to the max.
GFML seems to have disappeared completely for me in the last 18 months. If I have it selected it in my Profile, I always get a message that it's not available on whatever route I'm flying

I'm wondering what I should do to select a decent no-carb/low-carb option (eg no pasta). Maybe the fish?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:55 am

Yesterday, in my flight in economy alcoholic drinks were available(beers Mythos-Fix and wine)
DELLAS and JacobNL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.