Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold
Looks much better than what BA offer.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Have they run out of ideas?? I have had the same choice on ALL my Business Class flights for well over a year.

Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:40 am

But if it's good, why change it? I've also enjoyed the Souvlaki for a few years until Gastronomics arrived and I think I would have still chosen it every time (oh, well, let's say at least 2/3 times at least to not exaggerate). Out of this menu for instance (which is what's been available on my flights as well, ever since they resumed an almost normal meal-service in business class during the pandemic), I've always chosen and very much enjoyed the veal fillet and I think I've only read positive comments hear about the seabass too.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Well, FWIW, I haven't seen any of those choices. Menus do seem to vary more by route than by date or month.
giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:12 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That's interesting. I'm not able to choose a dish on any of my business class flights. Both cash bookings and upgraded.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Well, FWIW, I haven't seen any of those choices. Menus do seem to vary more by route than by date or month.
That maybe the case, but I've only had this choice on VIE, LIS, BER, WAW, LHR and it's getting a bit boring. Although I agree with giorginho, the veal is nice....I think I've had it like 8 times now!

Anyway, bring back the dessert trio Aegean!!!
lhrpete, DELLAS and giorginho like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by headingwest
Anyway, bring back the dessert trio Aegean!!!
Or at least a dessert that is not the size of a €2 coin.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:26 am

2022-02-11 SFML A3608 ATH-LHR

Pre-ordered seafood meal on the evening service to London this weekend. Wasn't sure about the contents of that little plastic bowl - probably meant to be a vinaigrette for the salad, although it turned out to work rather nicely with the pasta as well.
​​​​
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:21 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The beef option on the AMS route this weekend:

The current wines: White and Red. I tried the Roditis and thought it was nice - not too acidic yet still light. With the beef I had the Nemea which I thought worked well with the food.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Chr04
The salad was really awful. Literally 4 small squares of chicken and that's it.

The infamous chicken thigh in tomato, olive and feta sauce

8 cubes for me - perhaps one or two more underneath the bread; I didn't think to count at the time. 😅

Not a fan of the chicken, but they were out of veal by row 4 of a half-empty cabin.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AMS-ATH on 25 Feb.
Seems that the menu did not change much from my last flight in J back in Nov 2021 - only change seems to be the wine choices (saw the same wine in the A3 lounge). Crew was very good - especially the 2nd FA (the Purser (older guy) only did the asking of which meal, all the rest of the service done by the 2nd FA). Drinks were refilled frequently. Business was up to 4 rows, with 2 open seats.
First time seeing that they accommodated a pax which wanted his meal later (never knew this was possible on A3).

Grilled chicken with quinoa

Drinks

Beef with mashed eggplant

Menu

One tray serving

The small sesame paste dessert with Mastika

Cheers
Xandrios and romans like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
First time seeing that they accommodated a pax which wanted his meal later (never knew this was possible on A3).
Aegean's FAs will accomodate quite a few wishes, but this is certainly not much trouble for them. Last year, when my wife and I were flying with our infants, they waited, as per request, for my mother to finish her meal, in order to be able to take one of them, so we could then eat. I simply signaled to them and they prepared our warm meals basically after everyone else had eaten.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:08 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

ATH-AMS: 28 Feb - morning service

Hi all,

Here's some food pic of the inflight meals - I believe again it was the same back in Nov '21. Initially I had the impression that the purser would not be a good one (as the crew was a bit lackluster in general, but she turned out to be a great - very proactive in keeping my glass filled with sparkling wine and anyone else for extra coffee or tea. Turned out to be a great flight in the end 7 out of 12 seats filled. Service was from the galley.

Scrambled eggs with cheese bread (Siganature dish) - seems popular as only 1 left as the last pax to be asked.

Menu

Espresso and sparklingwine

Omelet

Cheers!
Xandrios, romans and Harper50505 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:18 am
Original Poster

It seems hot meals in Y will soon make a come back .
headingwest and tony2022 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
It seems hot meals in Y will soon make a come back .
Do you know something more about this?
tony2022 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.