Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chr04
Usually I can choose from 2 dishes, but for my flight to Lisbon, I have 3 choices
They are also offering that on ATH - LHR - ATH
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Chr04
Usually I can choose from 2 dishes, but for my flight to Lisbon, I have 3 choices
I'm beginning to think it's personal! I'm flying ATH-LIS in two weeks and back a week later. So far I have no meal choice available - not even the 'special' options that are offered even in economy. I've never been able to pre-book a business class meal. I thought maybe it was a service only offered to paying customers but of the two flights I mention, one is a voucher upgrade and the other is fully paid. I asked about it last time I called them and the agent didn't really understand - thought I was just asking about the special meals, so I didn't press the matter. Likewise, I've never been able to pre-order on LHR either.
Chr04 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:58 pm

Knobbgb Not that this is very likely to have anything to do with your issue, but just a guess: Do you book your tickets directly on Aegean's website or do you use an OTA, the website of another airline etc.?
I've had the triple choice once too, can't swear on what route, but given my flying profile it must have been Athens to Dusseldorf or vise-versa. But just once.
Also: do check out if any options become available inside 7 days prior to the flights.
It would make little to no sense if it had something to do with just your account in particular, it could be an IT glitch or perhaps meals for that flight just haven't become available yet (though from what you explained, this would be very far-fetched, you always getting the flights where meal pre-orders are never available).
One effective way to more safely reach conclusions would be to interview other passengers on your flight and cabin and see if they were presented with the meal options in advance or not (and if yes, how far in advance).
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:41 pm
SK

Exclamation ...divisa in partes tres

I have the same triple choice for a Warsaw - Athens flight in December.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:12 am
Original Poster

LUNCH LHR - ATH

I had pre ordered my meal .

The salad was really nice the main course was ok nothing amazing. The dessert was nice but too small. I miss the Greek traditional trio .
Xandrios and romans like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:17 am
Original Poster

SNACK ATH - SKG

SNACK SKG - ATH

Usual offering but good enough the short hop.
Xandrios and romans like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:25 am
Original Poster

DINNER ATH - LHR

Again I had pre ordered my meal as had others in the first few rows.

The meal itself was nice but the dessert not nice I left half of it. Again bring back the trio. The champagne was pleasant though.

The crew were attentive and constantly offering top ups of drinks.
Xandrios, headingwest and romans like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:18 am

That last desert is actually one of my favourites (well, if it's fresh at least). Champagne? They had actual champagne? (only ask because the menu only reads "sparkling wine" and I never thought to ask specifically about champagne ​​​​​​)
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:19 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That looks good. The desert that you did not like.. Is that because you are not a fan of mosaiko or was there something wrong with it?

Just wondering because it's such a common flavor (similar to Twix chocolate bar) which is loved by virtually everybody!
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
These are my choices for my next flight. A few questions:
- Will this be the food selection on board (minus 1)?
- I have tried the first one (chicken hummus and mustard sauce and I am not a fish fan. So has anyone tried the 3rd option (veal fillet in tomato sauce)? Any good?

Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by BA6948
These are my choices for my next flight. A few questions:
- Will this be the food selection on board (minus 1)?
- I have tried the first one (chicken hummus and mustard sauce and I am not a fish fan. So has anyone tried the 3rd option (veal fillet in tomato sauce)? Any good?

i have had it and it was very good!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
i have had it and it was very good!
Do you think the 3 choices listed for my flight are the ones that are going to be available on the flight menu (at least 2 of them)? Or the choices on board will be different?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giorginho
That last desert is actually one of my favourites (well, if it's fresh at least). Champagne? They had actual champagne? (only ask because the menu only reads "sparkling wine" and I never thought to ask specifically about champagne ​​​​​​)
They carry one bottle per flight another one is kept for the return sector .
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
That looks good. The desert that you did not like.. Is that because you are not a fan of mosaiko or was there something wrong with it?

Just wondering because it's such a common flavor (similar to Twix chocolate bar) which is loved by virtually everybody!
Its not my favourite I prefer others. To add to that it was stale so may have added to the disappointment It tasted nothing like Twix which is a favourite of mine . A few people also sent theirs back half eaten so must have been the general view. Aegean really need to do better when it comes to desserts. I recently flew a few Business Class flights on Turkish and it faired much better.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by BA6948
Do you think the 3 choices listed for my flight are the ones that are going to be available on the flight menu (at least 2 of them)? Or the choices on board will be different?
On my most recent flights two weeks ago the options were different… but in the past they have been the same. Not sure what other people have experienced lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.