Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:03 pm

DUS-ATH: This has probably been posted 10 times, but it was one of the top-3 meals I've had with Aegean and among the best main courses ever on a plane!

The salad was a bit bitter with all that green stuff for my taste, luckily no tahini this time but an incredibly sweet chocolate cake, which I also enjoyed with my cappuccino later on. The chicken option also received good critics. Full 3 rows of business class (12 adult passengers), while 1 week ago only 6/12 were occupied and at OLCI 9/12. I witnessed at least one (I think it's safe to assume gold member) getting upgraded for free at the gate (!), but even though he was told by ground staff that he would not get a business class meal (made sense, they probably cater the return flight already before the outbound departs Athens in the morning), he got one and there were still enough meals for everyone, which is a positive change since my wife being denied the pre-ordered meal of her choice on the flight out of Athens 2 years ago, because they had... ran out!
They also had a few dozen bottles of wine, because this is how much I think the other passengers drank ​​​​​​.
Oh, they also gave out some small chocolates after meal service and even though there was no pre-departure drink, there was an after-takeoff-before-meal-service round of drinks offered (or two) ​​​​​​.
DELLAS, Xandrios, KATERGOO and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:37 pm

Thessaloniki to Berlin morning flight
Berlin to Thessaloniki afternoon flight

Xandrios likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
After 18 months of not flying Aegean, it was sure nice to get back in my favourite seat 1A

I had 2 flights in Business, the first was VIE-ATH where I had the veal fillet shown above. The second was ATH-BER where I had the fish. Lovely service, what a pleasure to be back in the air.

A3-822 ATH-BER 23.08.21, Business Class

Old Sep 5, 2021, 1:56 pm

Today’s flight Athens to Vienna. I preordered beef with carob honey. I got some beef but it wasn’t the preordered meal. It tasted as it looked like. I left it all there.

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:34 pm

So what? Airplans are not restaurants, why dont You fly with privet jet?
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by powergean
no they are not. But it is a part of service I paid for. And I am judging the meal in comparison to other business class meals. I am sorry, I didn’t know only positive opinions were allowed here. I won’t be getting into further discussion concerning “airplanes are not restaurants....”.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:54 pm

De gustibus et coloribus non disputantum est!
TPJ, Xandrios, Dover2Golf and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by powergean
Our Airplain « privet » wasn’t dispo au moment… ;-)

Apparently we now have bots on this forum too…

😱
headingwest likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:28 pm
HAF

Amazing what they can serve for a 40min flight. This is last Saturday morning ATH-CFU. In US - we would not even get peanuts on a similar flight in business class...

ATH-CFU Breakfast
lhrpete, DELLAS, TPJ and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karol100
Today’s flight Athens to Vienna. I preordered beef with carob honey. I got some beef but it wasn’t the preordered meal. It tasted as it looked like. I left it all there.

One reason why this thread is so useful. Real pictures from travellers and not generic marketing. Shame you left it Im sure it tasted ok but the marketing photo is certainly a bit different
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:41 am

I tried the meal and I didn’t like it. Everything was floating in the gravy. I had nice fish on flight from Vienna to Athens though. I didn’t post a picture as there are already many pictures of the fish meal posted.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:56 am

Some less impressive choices on the domestic flights Athens to Thessaloniki an back on the 18th (well, time from fasten seatbelts off to on again is around 15 minutes, so the fact that they could even go through the whole A320neo cabin once or twice is still commendable). By the way the aircraft, SX-NEC, seemed to have some pretty worn seats, even though it's a "neo", so it shouldn't be that long at all in service. I had the exact same seat on both flights, though the outbound in the morning was packed and the inbound late in the evening was half-empty, just 1 passenger (and she was likely a crew member or other employee) in business and every economy row had the middle seat free on both sides. Not bad... but I just don't get why the business class prices went up during the last ~10 days prior to the flight, since nobody had booked it!
Anyway, here are the pics :P (both snacks were meh...)

ATH - SKG morning economy snack

SKG - ATH evening economy snack
What I didn't appreciate at all were the passengers of the morning flight, who had mostly bought tons of greek bakery "delicacies" and immediately started eating them after take-off. I mean besides the smell (:P), they were pretty much mask-free for the entire flight. Or... maybe I was just jealous, having eaten the simplest sandwiches in the lounge earlier...
DELLAS and Xandrios like this.

Last edited by giorginho; Sep 20, 2021 at 8:03 am
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Love those silver wrapped chocolate thingies in the lounge, they are yummy!
romans likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:03 am

They looked and tasted like they were from a "real" pastry, like the ones you'd find in the city, not from a caterer producing them in the thousands/millions :P. I can't remember or read the branding on that foil though... That one was a chocolate waffle with dense, liquid chocolate inside. What a bomb!
After I took the picture I went back to the "buffet" and picked up a supermarket-style packed breadsticks with 4 slices of turkey package, because there was too much bread and too little of everything else in those sandwiches :P.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Does anyone know, is pre-choosing the main course in business class available? I have several flights in the coming weeks and the only thing on food choice is special meals that I don't really want but nor do I want red meat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.