Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Interesting. For me the same old behavior is still available: Can only select a special meal. Coupon upgraded flight, are the above ones paid business?

No, both are upgrades for me.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Odd. Mine were booked a few weeks ago and coupon upgraded. AMS-ATH and ATH-AMS as one-ways. The flights are a bit further out though (Christmas).
That's probably the reason. I think they are posted less than 30 days before.
Old May 5, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
That's probably the reason. I think they are posted less than 30 days before.
It's a bit longer than that. My flights are at the end of August and have meal choices loaded, whereas my January 2022 flights don't.
bostontraveler and Xandrios like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
It's a bit longer than that. My flights are at the end of August and have meal choices loaded, whereas my January 2022 flights don't.
That’s impressive. But then again so is their menu… puts most carriers to shame!
Old May 8, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: A3 *G
Same here. I just upgraded two of my friends on ATH-LHR (they flew yesterday, 7th May). I called five days before the flight and initially they were put on the waiting list but the upgrades cleared a few hours later.

They were also not offered the choice of meal at check-in. It all seems very arbitrary.
Old May 8, 2021, 4:24 am

Not very arbitrary, simply idiopathic!

PS A disease or a syndrome can be characterized as idiopathic when we have absolutely no idea what its aetiology and/or pathogenesis are. Patients throughout the world love hearing a Greek word that they don't understand instead of the doctor admitting ignorance; or, by the way, CS inventing a funny reason to justify strange rules, etc.
Old May 15, 2021, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by purplexed
Yesterday flight's menu (LHR-ATH on Business class):

Exactly the same for AMS-ATH. No pre-departure drink and all in one tray. Full bar service, although they don't have ice anymore so your G&Ts are going to be just cool.
Old May 15, 2021, 5:25 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Exactly the same for AMS-ATH. No pre-departure drink and all in one tray. Full bar service, although they don't have ice anymore so your G&Ts are going to be just cool.
When you say full bar service, do you mean you can order multiple drinks throughout the flight or that you can order any drink with your meal?
Old May 17, 2021, 3:07 am

Well, both. I did order 2 gin-tonics and 1 sparkling water.
Old May 17, 2021, 4:29 am

CDG—ATH and ATH-JMK in J

I was so impressed to receive a snack on a 20-minute flight… compare that to many airlines these days!!

Menu

CDG-ATH

ATH-JMK
DELLAS, cad-spe, Xandrios and 7 others like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
The photo of the meal offered to you during the domestic flight -that you were kind enough to share with us- is identical to what was offered to domestic flights (in biz class) in the pre pandemic era. That's good news all the way.

Thanks for sharing
Dover2Golf and ok2uselane like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I just returned from a trip to beautiful Milos and thought: why not offer the minimum bid (50 EUR) for an upgrade! After all, I wanted to be in the front of the plane to disembark quickly and to beat the crowds to the corona checkpoint/passport control - so the difference between the minimum upgrade bid and the price for an up-front seat in Y isn't that big

The LH lounge was lovely as always, whether it's the amazing team of lounge dragons or the good food and selection of booze. They even had a tasty octopus dish! And perfectly quiet as well as there weren't many LH group flights on my day of travel (and my gut feeling says probably less frequent flyers, more of a holiday crowd still).

Alas, no LH group flight to one of the DACHS countries for me, but a relatively short 1h20m flight to Bucharest. Services was a bit slow to start as we were already beyond Thessaloniki when I got my pre-ordered meal of sea bass. Food was good quality. The salad might be a bit simple but was certainly fresh and good quality, and the sea bass was tasty. Full open bar service, although no business class wines (the usual economy mini-bottles of wine are now served in J, while there is still no alcohol in Y). Therefore, the only logical choice was to go for the ouzo to accompany my fish (although the Semeli white wouldn't be that bad either).

After the meal there was still some time for an espresso and mastiha liqueur.

All combined, certainly a good flight!

If just OTP baggage handling would speed up things and start to respect priority baggage tags in the end the A3 crew was off the plane and on their way to their hotel (they seem to do an overnight at OTP at the moment!) while I was still waiting in the extremely hot baggage reclaim area for my bag to arrive...
lhrpete, DELLAS, TPJ and 8 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:09 am

todays flights

sorry for bad picture quality…

VIE-ATH A3861:

breakfast, was good. this flight was really fast and smooth, almost full A321, 8 of 12 biz seats taken…

must be

then HER-SKG in biz, was alone in cabin

Last edited by romans; Jun 5, 2021 at 1:34 pm
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I AM salivating while looking at the pics - even though I have not booked MAD-ATH-FCO in late August and return mid-Sept.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:12 am

todays SKG-ATH OA101, alone in biz

tasty, espresso machine doesn’t work in A320neo
headingwest likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.