Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
For my recent flights two options were present on board, the third one was not on the menu (but available if pre-booked)
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:07 am

The on-board options for international flights will almost certainly be just 2 (even if online you can choose among 3, this has been the case with some of my flights as well), I haven't heard of any route yet, where Aegean offers 3 different choices on board.
Originally Posted by DELLAS
They carry one bottle per flight another one is kept for the return sector .
Do you happen to know what brand it is?
I vividly remember the cabin crew offering "champagne" as a welcome drink a few years ago, but I never drink alcohol before a flight (OK, I did both times I flew first class ​​​​​​) and then seeing only the sparkling wine on the menu, I assumed the cabin crew was referring to that as "champagne" (a lot of Greeks don't know the difference or even claim there is no difference ).
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
A3 823 ber-ath 19/10/21

Flew from BER-ATH on a slightly retro A321 yesterday. Food was excellent but the portions are way smaller than they used to be. Unlike one of my fellow FTers, I really enjoyed the Halva. You know who you are.

I asked for and received a glass of champagne. It was very nice. Unfortunately, it was poured in the galley so I couldn’t see the brand.

Here are the pics:

Xandrios and giorginho like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:49 pm

Oa 136 ath-skg 19/10/21

I continued on to SKG on a 320neo that was looking decidedly used and grubby despite its age. The retro 321 was much cleaner! The passenger in 1F was also taking food pics so I wonder whether he was also a FTer. If that was you, hello! Hope you enjoyed the flight.

Food was again very high quality and quite sufficient for such a short flight.

Grime!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
I continued on to SKG on a 320neo that was looking decidedly used and grubby despite its age.
Are you sure that was a neo, from the pics of the bulkhead it looks very much like an older aircraft. They have repainted some of the older planes, as I saw on one of my domestic flights last week.

btw, those cheesy biscuit things are yummy, had those on SKG-HER in economy and really liked them. Does anyone know if they available to buy generally or are they specially made for Aegean?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:13 am

Not only was it a neo on his flight, it was the SX-NEC aircraft, which was exactly what I flew on twice the same day (ATH-SKG-ATH) 1 month ago and I too was struck by how worn out the cabin appeared to be (don't remember if I commented on it back then).
I remember thinking: Why the heck was I hoping for this to be used on my international flights? (I was kind of bummed earlier this summer, when I got that "repainted" one on my DUS-ATH flight) It looks so much worse than the older A320s (except for the sleek "neo" design of the bulkhead in front of row 1 ​​​​​​) and even the seat itself is way more uncomfortable (though row 5, which was the first in economy, did have plenty of additional legroom).
That was my first (double) experience with Aegean's A320neo, but I'd dare go as far as calling it a failure.
Looking then and now at the history of that specific aircraft's flights, I believe Aegean constantly uses it for domestic flights, it basically flies the whole day between Athens and Thessaloniki, so it sees way more passengers than other aircraft and it will also age and need deep inspection much sooner than the other ones.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
btw, those cheesy biscuit things are yummy, had those on SKG-HER in economy and really liked them. Does anyone know if they available to buy generally or are they specially made for Aegean?

http://www.kritonartos.gr/en/product...e/mikio-snacks
headingwest likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Are you sure that was a neo, from the pics of the bulkhead it looks very much like an older aircraft. They have repainted some of the older planes, as I saw on one of my domestic flights last week.

As mentioned below, it was most definitely a neo, SX-NEC. Even if I hadn't realised it from the cabin, the engines were way quieter than the (repainted) ceo I flew on the way back to ATH.

Originally Posted by giorginho
Not only was it a neo on his flight, it was the SX-NEC aircraft, which was exactly what I flew on twice the same day (ATH-SKG-ATH) 1 month ago and I too was struck by how worn out the cabin appeared to be (don't remember if I commented on it back then).
I remember thinking: Why the heck was I hoping for this to be used on my international flights? (I was kind of bummed earlier this summer, when I got that "repainted" one on my DUS-ATH flight) It looks so much worse than the older A320s (except for the sleek "neo" design of the bulkhead in front of row 1 ​​​​​​) and even the seat itself is way more uncomfortable (though row 5, which was the first in economy, did have plenty of additional legroom).
That was my first (double) experience with Aegean's A320neo, but I'd dare go as far as calling it a failure.
Looking then and now at the history of that specific aircraft's flights, I believe Aegean constantly uses it for domestic flights, it basically flies the whole day between Athens and Thessaloniki, so it sees way more passengers than other aircraft and it will also age and need deep inspection much sooner than the other ones.
It really is in a bad state for such a new aircraft. The seat cushion was majorly sagging too. The whole interior looks nice but feels low quality in comparison to the old interior. However, a friend of mine few on a few other neos that haven't been abused on the SKG route and found them great so maybe it really is just "NEC" that is looking worn. I was hoping to test out that theory on my way back to Berlin yesterday, as I was booked on a 321neo but they changed it at the very last minute to another retro A321 (this one ex-Kingfisher rather than ex-Monarch as the one on the way down was) so I wasn't able to. I had really bad luck with the aircraft allocations on this trip. The best aircraft of the 4 that I flew on was the repainted A320 that still had the old cabin but had been delivered directly to A3. It was clean, tidy and had IFE.

To get back on topic, I'll post the pics of my meals from the return flights later today.
giorginho likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:54 am

Skg-ath oa 101 20/10/21

A rather pleasant breakfast snack on this flight. I hadn’t realised that the cream on the slice of bread was sweet and with cinnamon so was a little surprised when I bit into it but it was still very good. Apologies for forgetting to remove the cover before taking the photo.

Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:03 am

A3 820 ath-ber 20/10/21

Supposed to be an A321neo but got changed to another retro A321at the last minute. The breakfast options online had looked uninspiring for a while and the actual food proved disappointing in the end too. The omelette was way too salty and rubbery. I should have had the toast! I only ate it as I was really hungry and had not had time to get anything in ATH. The A3 lounge was turning people away as they were full so I went to the Lufthansa lounge but the catering there was very poor. No self-service due to COVID and a very limited choice.

At least the cappuccino was good even though it was served a little too late when I’d almost finished my breakfast. 😉

Xandrios likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Ams-ath a3625

Friendly FA - first flight in J since the start of the pandamic -in general I found it to be ok - but indeed, it is very long-haul economy like style with all on 1 tray. But still way better I guess with the rest of the "big 3 in EU"

Menu

The beef

Wine
Did try the red wine (can't remember which one - as the FA had problems undertsanding that I wanted a particular one, so just took what she gave)

Cheers!
Xandrios and romans like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

ATH-AMS A3 624 - breakfast flight

Another good return flight in a fairly business J class but another great lead FA. (older gentleman)
Went for the Greek cheese bread

Breakfast Menu

White wine - preferred the one the day before

Greek Cheese bread
Xandrios likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Ber-ath 12/11/2021 a3 821

The Veal option
Had a choice of chicken or veal. Very good. Everything was very well balanced and the veal was tender and juicy. Also had some drinks from the usual drinks menu. All in all a very nice meal. Especially after the close to non-existent food in the LH lounge.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:55 am

SKG-BER Business.class, Christmas holidays menuI didn't like it.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:22 am

Chr04 for clarification, is that the turkey you got there and didn't like or the beef? (or did you even mean you didn't like the menu as a whole and not just the main course in particular?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.