Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Anyone know what happened to the meal selection before flight?
I used to be able to do a special meal request for eco/biz flights on A3.
However, since they incorporated a vegan sandwich vs meat sandwich for eco passengers, you're not able to request a special meal (as kosher/vegan/gluten can eat the vegan sandwich)

I upgraded a flight with vouchers (BRU-SKG).
I was hoping to be able to request special meal through as C pax through this:
https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...special-meals/

but I get the message "your flight isn't eligible". So now I wonder, will I have any options as vegetarian in business? Usually the C menu consist of 2 fish and 1 meat dish...?
Anyone an idea?

Thanks!

Edit: got response from Messenger letting me know that:
"Hello X, the choice of special meal is temporarily not available due to the changes we have implemented in the service of food and drink onboard."

Last edited by unusualtravelblog; May 22, 2022 at 4:37 am
Old May 22, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Recent no, but the seabass has been on the menu for a while. There should be pictures in this thread.
One thing I do remember is that, since there is no carbs, it's a fairly light meal.
Thanks Xandrios
Never came across seabass before, I went about the last 5 or so pages and didn't notice a photo of it.
EDIT - Saw the Seabass in Post 1098, looks fine but Ya

19:30 dinner flight, will want to have some carbs in the meal.
Special meal it is

Last edited by Short hair Francis; May 22, 2022 at 3:21 pm
Old May 23, 2022, 4:08 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I think its either of these ones:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31635402-post754.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33532302-post1098.html

And some more variations on other vegetables:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30793487-post660.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30764816-post653.html

Personally I do like the fish option but would not choose it if it's the only thing I'd have for dinner. Of course if you are able to first have a pre-dinner at the lounge that may change things.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: A3 *G
Yes Xandrios, it was the butter based version last Saturday on ATH-LHR
Old May 23, 2022, 12:29 pm

I have 2 flights SKG - BER - SKG.
Both were upgraded with coupons to business class.
The onward flight I can not choose a meal, at the reutn flight I can choose from 3 dishes....
Old May 23, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by Chr04
I have 2 flights SKG - BER - SKG.
Both were upgraded with coupons to business class.
The onward flight I can not choose a meal, at the reutn flight I can choose from 3 dishes....
Give it a few weeks. The meal choices often pop up at some random time between booking and departure.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Xandrios

Personally I do like the fish option but would not choose it if it's the only thing I'd have for dinner. Of course if you are able to first have a pre-dinner at the lounge that may change things.
Originally Posted by vantheman
Yes Xandrios, it was the butter based version last Saturday on ATH-LHR
I'm going ex-BRU for the dinner flight, and might or might not be running late so ya

I'll play it safe and do a special meal.
Contemplating choosing the fish on the return since I can have a pre-meal on the other segment, but I'll try the special meal on the outbound and see first.
Xandrios likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, SAS Eurobonus Silver
Interesting development... this morning, I noticed that meal section choices briefly appeared for my A3 LHR-ATH flight in S, scheduled for next week.

I made a selection but then received an error message, and now the option has disappeared altogether.

Hopefully, this is a small sign that full meal service will be restored soon.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:20 am

Loved the Halva!
Old May 30, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
From my latest May vacation.....

On the outbound CDG-ATH

Chicken with pasta (this would be banned in Italy but I ate the chicken and then the pasta and pretended it wasn't mixed). It was quite tasty :-)
The salad was a quinoa salad with smoked salmon.

The short flight ATH-JMK was a sandwich in a compact bag... ham and cheese. Not bad.

The return flight ATH-CDG was Beef stew with aubergine puree, quite good as well.

These were all pre-ordered meals (well, the CDG-ATH-CDG ones) and were not on the menu.
Attached Images    
Xandrios, ermis177 and romans like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:53 pm

May 28, 2022 - A3623 BRU-ATH, Departure Time 19:35

First of all, big thanks to Xandrios for the help
Ended up ordering the Moslem meal, as I was struggling with the main choices in an above post.
All I can say is, Make me a Believe of the Moslem meal at least for the next 30 days 🤣🤣

Regular Menu

Drinks

Main Meal Tray

Appetizer
Salad Mesclun with Chopped Tomato, Cucumbers, Green Peppers, Vinaigrette

Main Course
Grilled Beef Fillet with Yellow Potatoes, Sauteed Beans with Rosemary Oil

Cheese

Dessert Offerings

Dessert
Fresh Fruit Platter

Cappuccino to End the Service

For celebrating 23 Years of Aegean, a draw was done for mid-flight for 1 lucky passenger to win 2 Complementary Aegean Tickets.
Class of Service of Complementary Ticket was not mentioned 😝
This flight's draw was won by the passenger seated in 5F/Economy.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Great pictures Francis!
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:51 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Yeah that definitely looks nice!
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
A3 flights today

MUC-SKG this morning. It was the same menu as my ATH-BER back in October and the omelette was revolting then so I pre-ordered the toast. It was ok but to quote my other half “not worth getting fat for”.

Super easy transfer in SKG. Through the magic connections door and straight into the lounge. Same aircraft took us onwards to RHO. The snack was decent but not great.

Ironically, the best meal we had today was the LH breakfast from BER to MUC. Big shout out to the MUC baggage handlers too who managed to get our bags on the SKG flight despite our connection being cut to 35 minutes due to a delay.
Xandrios and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
MUC-SKG this morning. It was the same menu as my ATH-BER back in October and the omelette was revolting then so I pre-ordered the toast. It was ok but to quote my other half “not worth getting fat for”.
Super easy transfer in SKG. Through the magic connections door and straight into the lounge. Same aircraft took us onwards to RHO. The snack was decent but not great.
Ironically, the best meal we had today was the LH breakfast from BER to MUC. Big shout out to the MUC baggage handlers too who managed to get our bags on the SKG flight despite our connection being cut to 35 minutes due to a delay.
I think A3 should review the whole breakfast offering as it is really subpar. And a breakfast should be the easiest meal to prepare.
gpb_croppers63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.