Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Mobile Boarding Passes with US Airways
US Site with all the details

Note: mobile boarding is not available at all airports, check the website for full list.

Currently, US limits the airports where you can use this, to the list at the bottom of that page.

When you check in online, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and use your phone to get through security and board your flight. It's that easy.

Here's how:
  • Check in on usairways.com
  • When we ask 'How do you want your passes?' check 'Send my passes to my smartphone'
  • If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, install Passbook and tap 'Add to Passbook' from your mobile boarding pass
  • At the airport, use your mobile boarding pass at the kiosk (to check a bag), at the TSA checkpoint (to get through security) and at the gate when you board

You'll see the option when you check in online if:
  • Your flights are operated by US Airways
  • You're traveling through a city that has mobile boarding
  • You only have one person in your reservation
Print Wikipost

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
help to get mobile BP

i've had this problem before and don't remember how i fixed it. trying to get a mobile BP on US air. i booked via aa. i can pull up the record on my phone. i've already checked in online with a pdf bp. but on phone, when i go through the check in prompt, there's nowhere to get a BP or even to finish check in. it just allows me to switch seats. advice?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by travel.flier
i've had this problem before and don't remember how i fixed it. trying to get a mobile BP on US air. i booked via aa. i can pull up the record on my phone. i've already checked in online with a pdf bp. but on phone, when i go through the check in prompt, there's nowhere to get a BP or even to finish check in. it just allows me to switch seats. advice?
What's your departure airport? US doesn't support mobile BPs at all airports -- like SJC and BOI for example.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:31 pm
Suspended

mistake

Last edited by iflyuaaa; May 13, 2015 at 10:21 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Qantas, Hawaiian
Is there a list of airports where USAirways doesn't use mobile boarding passes? I've looked and can't find anything. I'm having the same problem & flying out of SAN.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Foob
Is there a list of airports where USAirways doesn't use mobile boarding passes? I've looked and can't find anything. I'm having the same problem & flying out of SAN.
There's the opposite. A list of airports where US does use mobile boarding passes:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ding-pass.html

I'm amazed some of tiniest airports support mobile BP. STS, for example. An airport with just one gate, where you sit outside under an umbrella sipping a cocktail and having lunch until the inbound plane arrives. You watch it unload, then they make an announcement that people on the outbound might want to think about going through security in the next couple of minutes. And they use the mobile BP

[Edit to add: I don't mean to suggest US flies into STS - just that there are some larger airports out there (e.g. SAN) which you'd think would support mobile BP. ]

Last edited by AlphaTango; Apr 17, 2015 at 3:59 pm Reason: clarification
Old May 13, 2015, 9:35 am
Suspended

can't get mobile BP for US airways flight

i've always struggled, but thought i was successful once. but i just checked in for my flight tomorrow. it's ticketed on US and operated by US. i can print from the desktop website but can't get a mobile version. when i click on boarding pass wallet, it says one more step...please check your email for a message - but no email there. suggestions?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
i've always struggled, but thought i was successful once. but i just checked in for my flight tomorrow. it's ticketed on US and operated by US. i can print from the desktop website but can't get a mobile version. when i click on boarding pass wallet, it says one more step...please check your email for a message - but no email there. suggestions?
When checking in from desktop does it offer a mobile option? Mobile BP not supported at all airports. If the option is available try "re-printing" your boarding pass to get the email to resend.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Segments
When checking in from desktop does it offer a mobile option? Mobile BP not supported at all airports. If the option is available try "re-printing" your boarding pass to get the email to resend.
thx. i think the issue is mobile BP not supported at SJC

howe,ver, how do you get them to email you a boarding pass? i only can print. the optiosn in the toolbox are:

Download to OutlookSeats, bags & moreJust change seatsPrint boarding passes
Old May 13, 2015, 11:12 am

I've also had issues with US Airways mobile boarding passes, and found out that it's an SMTP issue with USAirways.

(The easiest way to test this is to have the boarding pass sent to a @gmail.com email address. If it gets there, then they're still having this issue.)

If you run your own email, you'll see in your CPanel logs that it's being dropped.

It was due to usairwaysmobile.com sending from IP address "153.69.214.202", which isn't in their MX records.

I tried letting them know, but never heard back from USAirways.

After white-listing that IP address, I was able to get mobile boarding passes, but they need to update their MX records.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrCoffee
I've also had issues with US Airways mobile boarding passes, and found out that it's an SMTP issue with USAirways.

(The easiest way to test this is to have the boarding pass sent to a @gmail.com email address. If it gets there, then they're still having this issue.)

If you run your own email, you'll see in your CPanel logs that it's being dropped.

It was due to usairwaysmobile.com sending from IP address "153.69.214.202", which isn't in their MX records.

I tried letting them know, but never heard back from USAirways.

After white-listing that IP address, I was able to get mobile boarding passes, but they need to update their MX records.
yay!!! that did solve one issue. i actually got the email this time. too bad SJC doesn't have mobile boarding passes

and i also can't figure out how to have a boarding pass emailed to me. sigh...

Last edited by iflyuaaa; May 13, 2015 at 11:51 am
Old May 13, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
yay!!! that did solve one issue. i actually got the email this time. too bad SJC doesn't have mobile boarding passes

and i also can't figure out how to have a boarding pass emailed to me. sigh...
Yup, mobile BP only available at certain locations....not SJC or BOI.

The only way I've found to email BPs is to print to PDF and send to myself...
Old May 13, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
howe,ver, how do you get them to email you a boarding pass? i only can print. the optiosn in the toolbox are:

Download to OutlookSeats, bags & moreJust change seatsPrint boarding passes
Go to Print Boarding Passes. You will see a checkbox for "print" and for "email" (if that is an option for all airports on your itinerary) When the email is received, the link opens in my browser which I can then save to Passbook or save as an image.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Doing my first US flight tomorrow. Only had the AA app loaded. Checked in thinking I could get my BP on my phone (yes, silly me). Added the US app and it tells me the Boarding Pass Wallet is empty and that if I had already checked in, to check in again and use the address linked to the app. Didn't see any way to do this myself. Called AA, passed to web services, passed again, and on hold for long periods of time. Told I can't get the boarding pass because I'm leaving out of SJC. I can understand that I can't use the BPW, but they won't even populate it because of the departure airport?

Yes, this is a temporary problem. I don't have a printer here to generate a BP so I'll have to use the kiosk at the airport and that's not a big problem. But it just seemed like I was getting the run around from tech support.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:31 pm

No mobile boarding passes from SJC on US - at least until Oct 17
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ding-pass.html

Note that this means no connecting boarding passes, either.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I hope this problem goes away in October, although I wonder what will happen at airports where AA doesn't currently serve like PVD. Other airlines at PVD use mobile passes so its not a TSA issue. Its gotta be a gate equipment issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.