Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Mobile Boarding Passes with US Airways
US Site with all the details

Note: mobile boarding is not available at all airports, check the website for full list.

Currently, US limits the airports where you can use this, to the list at the bottom of that page.

When you check in online, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and use your phone to get through security and board your flight. It's that easy.

Here's how:
  • Check in on usairways.com
  • When we ask 'How do you want your passes?' check 'Send my passes to my smartphone'
  • If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, install Passbook and tap 'Add to Passbook' from your mobile boarding pass
  • At the airport, use your mobile boarding pass at the kiosk (to check a bag), at the TSA checkpoint (to get through security) and at the gate when you board

You'll see the option when you check in online if:
  • Your flights are operated by US Airways
  • You're traveling through a city that has mobile boarding
  • You only have one person in your reservation
Print Wikipost

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Posted in the daily employee newsletter:

Starting today, US Airways customers traveling to or from Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) can say goodbye to paper boarding passes and instead opt to receive a mobile boarding pass on their smartphone. MSP is one of 13 US Airways cities that now have mobile boarding capabilities. Other cities include Las Vegas (LAS), CLT, Denver, Colo. (DEN), PIT, PHL, PHX, Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW), BOS, LGA, DCA, Chicago-OHare (ORD) and Atlanta (ATL). Mobile boarding will launch in Orange County, Calif. (SNA) later this month and plans for the second phase of implementation are underway.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Nice to hear.

Mobile boarding has been working flawlessly for me -- which I can't say about my experiences with DL and AA's earlier implementations. It appears US waited until TSA worked out the bugs.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The couple of times I've used it out of DCA it has worked just fine. ^

I still have a paper copy in my carry-on as back-up.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Used it last week @ CLT. Worked very well.

HTSC
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: US Silver, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Silver, Avis First
Anyone having any problems getting their mobile boarding pass? Tried it for flight from PHX tomorrow and said their was a problem, and last week on a PHX-CLT-SDF flight it wouldn't give me the option for mobile pass.

Paper boarding pass printed so not really a big deal.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I'd like to see this program expand a little more quickly. PVD has had mobile scanners at the TSA checkpoint for a while. Used one today on my UA flight. Whats the holdup US? If the airport is fully equipped why not offer it? Upgrades required at the gate?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:51 am

Mobile Boarding Expands

Love the mobile pass... Lets expand it to trains, buses, museums, movies, and concerts too please.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Come on IND.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: US Silver, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by phisher4
Love the mobile pass... Lets expand it to trains, buses, museums, movies, and concerts too please.
Amtrak does do this, or at least does it for Northeast Corridor trains that I've taken.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by lcove
Amtrak does do this, or at least does it for Northeast Corridor trains that I've taken.

Amtrak even works with Apple passbook.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by lcove
Amtrak works on all trains and I'm 100% on it working unlike TSA and airlines...
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton Inner Circle, Hertz PC
US Mobile Boarding Passes in Passbook (merged threads)

Hi All -

I just checked in for my flight tomorrow night and elected to receive a mobile boarding pass just as I usually do. When I pulled it up on my phone, I noticed a button to add it to passbook. Is this a new feature the US added for all mobile boarding passes, or is it something that I have just been oblivious to for the last few months?

It looks great to have my pass in passbook and is much more convenient. Hopefully this is a permanent update and not just a limited release test.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, US Gold
That's interesting. I haven't tried to load anything into passbook but if it will hold my usair passes then maybe I'll give it a try on the way home on Friday.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
That would be quite new and a very welcome development.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just checked, and I had this option on my boarding pass yesterday as well. I didn't think to use it at the time because I am accustomed to the cumbersome mobile passes we know and love to hate. This is a very welcome development. Passbook looks great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.