Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Mobile Boarding Passes with US Airways
US Site with all the details

Note: mobile boarding is not available at all airports, check the website for full list.

Currently, US limits the airports where you can use this, to the list at the bottom of that page.

When you check in online, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and use your phone to get through security and board your flight. It's that easy.

Here's how:
  • Check in on usairways.com
  • When we ask 'How do you want your passes?' check 'Send my passes to my smartphone'
  • If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, install Passbook and tap 'Add to Passbook' from your mobile boarding pass
  • At the airport, use your mobile boarding pass at the kiosk (to check a bag), at the TSA checkpoint (to get through security) and at the gate when you board

You'll see the option when you check in online if:
  • Your flights are operated by US Airways
  • You're traveling through a city that has mobile boarding
  • You only have one person in your reservation
Print Wikipost

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:40 pm

I think it started over the weekend. Great feature.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: US Gold, DL Gold, UA Plat, Starwood Plat
Noticed it on my mobile BP today too. Works great and much more convenient than having to keep the BP open in safari.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Just when I was beginning to give up hope for a Mobile App... this seems like a nice intermediate step!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Thumbs up

http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...ding-pass.html

New feature indeed. Somehow US is on the cutting edge.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, US Gold
Made sure all of my mobile settings were showing up on the notifications page. Made sure that my day of phone and e-mail were filled in. The only option I had was to print my boarding pass so it looks like I get to pick it up tomorrow when I get to the airport. I suspect it may be due to the airport that I'm flying out of may not support the mobile passes? Not sure on that though.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA (preferred), UA, DL
Originally Posted by wareagle98
http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...ding-pass.html

New feature indeed. Somehow US is on the cutting edge.
That same link seems to indicate some restrictions. Only available in a few cities. ATL, ORD, JAX, PHX, CLT, PHL, SNA, TLH, BTR, DFW, LAS, LGA, TUS, BOS, DEN, LEX, OAK, PIT, DCA, IAH, MSP, SAV.

If only LAX were on that list.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, US Gold
Originally Posted by indysoarin19
That same link seems to indicate some restrictions. Only available in a few cities. ATL, ORD, JAX, PHX, CLT, PHL, SNA, TLH, BTR, DFW, LAS, LGA, TUS, BOS, DEN, LEX, OAK, PIT, DCA, IAH, MSP, SAV.

If only LAX were on that list.
That makes sense. I'll be hitting PHX, ORD, and PHL tomorrow but since I'll be starting out in PDX it looks like its a no go. Maybe the next trip.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:50 am

Actually the list of cities is a joke. Example UA and US same tsa in BWI and UA allows mobile passes.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by DCAML
Actually the list of cities is a joke. Example UA and US same tsa in BWI and UA allows mobile passes.
Same at PVD, I am guessing it could be a limitation of equipment at the gate, but who knows.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, FL A+ Elite, SPG Platinum,
US Airways Mobile Boarding Pass - Now with "Add to Passbook"

I haven't seen discussion of this elsewhere, but please forgive me if there is already a thread for this topic.

For the first time today, I noticed an "Add to Passbook" link embedded in my mobile boarding pass when viewed from my iPhone - the integration is seamless and straight-forward. Granted, I don't think that there is any additional functionality associated with the availability of the boarding pass within Passbook, however, I think it's an encouraging sign for those of us who have lamented the lack of any sort of US Airways for mobile platforms.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DRUNKinDFW
I haven't seen discussion of this elsewhere, but please forgive me if there is already a thread for this topic.

For the first time today, I noticed an "Add to Passbook" link embedded in my mobile boarding pass when viewed from my iPhone - the integration is seamless and straight-forward. Granted, I don't think that there is any additional functionality associated with the availability of the boarding pass within Passbook, however, I think it's an encouraging sign for those of us who have lamented the lack of any sort of US Airways for mobile platforms.
I think someone mentioned it the other day here but it's pretty cool. The main benefit is not having to find and click the link in the email from check in (which for a person with a busy email box is great) and the fact that the screen doesn't change direction while a passbook "card" is displayed. I noticed the QR code on the mobile site can be difficult to read if you don't keep the phone orientation the same and steady (because it switches direction).
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Was nicely impressed by this on my last couple trips.

Only thing I noticed was the pass didn't show on my home screen as the UA passbook boarding passes do. (For UA, the boarding pass was able to displayed without unlocking the phone, and in one swipe, directly from the lock screen)

It would be a nice trick if US Airways could modify the settings on their electronic boarding passes to either geofence or time-bound the boarding pass to behave this way.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
It would be a nice trick if US Airways could modify the settings on their electronic boarding passes to either geofence or time-bound the boarding pass to behave this way.
If they had an App that said, "Show in Lock Screen" then perhaps this would be possible.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by bkafrick
If they had an App that said, "Show in Lock Screen" then perhaps this would be possible.
Not necessary, Passbook supports date/time and Location based display. Passbook is just specially formatted javascript, they just need to add in additional parameter or two. I haven't been able to use mobile boarding pass since they added passbook, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least time of day notification in the lock screen.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
but I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least time of day notification in the lock screen.
They don't…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.