Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Mobile Boarding Passes with US Airways
US Site with all the details

Note: mobile boarding is not available at all airports, check the website for full list.

Currently, US limits the airports where you can use this, to the list at the bottom of that page.

When you check in online, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and use your phone to get through security and board your flight. It's that easy.

Here's how:
  • Check in on usairways.com
  • When we ask 'How do you want your passes?' check 'Send my passes to my smartphone'
  • If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, install Passbook and tap 'Add to Passbook' from your mobile boarding pass
  • At the airport, use your mobile boarding pass at the kiosk (to check a bag), at the TSA checkpoint (to get through security) and at the gate when you board

You'll see the option when you check in online if:
  • Your flights are operated by US Airways
  • You're traveling through a city that has mobile boarding
  • You only have one person in your reservation
Print Wikipost

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
They don't…
There is a field called effective date in the payload, next time I get my hands on one of these passes I'll crack it open. The .pkpass file is just a zip file with some JSON data in it. I am curious if they have a webupdate URL and of course if an effectivedate or location is populated.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:20 am
Formerly known as EWR-ProMedEd

Programs: US-Silver; PetOwner TripleDiamond
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
They don't…
5/8/13:notification from Passbook with flight time is on lock screen. I can't access the pass from the lock screen, but maybe this will change when I get closer to the time/airport.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by ProMedEd
5/8/13:notification from Passbook with flight time is on lock screen. I can't access the pass from the lock screen, but maybe this will change when I get closer to the time/airport.
slide the notification to bring up the pass.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle, etc etc
When I check-in, maybe 1 out of every 20 times I get the option to do mobile.... I honestly haven't search around as to why, but anyone know? I only ever get the option for printed report. Is it an airport restriction (I'm out of RDU)?
Old May 8, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Not all airports support mobile BPs (Passbook or otherwise) so if your segments take you even a single airport that does not, you won't be given the mobile option.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by geo1005
Not all airports support mobile BPs (Passbook or otherwise) so if your segments take you even a single airport that does not, you won't be given the mobile option.
Thanks, that what I though but wasn't 100% sure. Sorry for the thread hijack.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:53 am
Formerly known as EWR-ProMedEd

Programs: US-Silver; PetOwner TripleDiamond
Originally Posted by ellinj
slide the notification to bring up the pass.
Thanks. This was not obvious to me. I figured it out when I tapped it and noticed the US tail fin moved a little.

When does the notification start showing in the lock screen? T-24h or something? When you are within 5mi of the airport?
Old May 8, 2013, 1:36 pm

Thanks. This was not obvious to me. I figured it out when I tapped it and noticed the US tail fin moved a little.

When does the notification start showing in the lock screen? T-24h or something? When you are within 5mi of the airport?
It could be either

Last edited by ellinj; May 15, 2013 at 9:28 pm
Old May 8, 2013, 5:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC

I flew on Sunday and Today and the notification was on my lock screen as soon as I loaded it into the Passbook. Actually, it is a little annoying that it still shows up there after the time of the flight has passed. However, you can just go into the pass book and turn off the slider to show on lock screen.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
I flew on Sunday and Today and the notification was on my lock screen as soon as I loaded it into the Passbook. Actually, it is a little annoying that it still shows up there after the time of the flight has passed. However, you can just go into the pass book and turn off the slider to show on lock screen.
delete the pass if the flight is over.
Old May 15, 2013, 9:28 pm

Is anyone else annoyed by the snails pace rollout of mobile boarding passes. I don't understand why they don't have it at more airports. My home airport, PVD, has had the scanners at the TSA checkpoint for almost a year, and I have used mobile BPs on UA.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ellinj
Is anyone else annoyed by the snails pace rollout of mobile boarding passes. I don't understand why they don't have it at more airports. My home airport, PVD, has had the scanners at the TSA checkpoint for almost a year, and I have used mobile BPs on UA.
Yes - BDL also supports it at TSA (for UA travelers).. But can't use mobile boarding passes for my US flights.
Old May 16, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Any success at SAN? I used this at ORD last month, it worked wonderfully. Flying ex-San next weekend.
Old May 28, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
I'm not getting the option to add to passbook.

Clicking the link in my email gets me to a Aztec 2D barcode which says "TSA Pre" underneath, with no "add to passbook" link as shown on the website. Ideas?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Am I correct in thinking that mobile boarding passes (incl. passbook) are not possible with a multi-passenger itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.