Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Mobile Boarding Passes with US Airways
US Site with all the details

Note: mobile boarding is not available at all airports, check the website for full list.

Currently, US limits the airports where you can use this, to the list at the bottom of that page.

When you check in online, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and use your phone to get through security and board your flight. It's that easy.

Here's how:
  • Check in on usairways.com
  • When we ask 'How do you want your passes?' check 'Send my passes to my smartphone'
  • If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, install Passbook and tap 'Add to Passbook' from your mobile boarding pass
  • At the airport, use your mobile boarding pass at the kiosk (to check a bag), at the TSA checkpoint (to get through security) and at the gate when you board

You'll see the option when you check in online if:
  • Your flights are operated by US Airways
  • You're traveling through a city that has mobile boarding
  • You only have one person in your reservation
Print Wikipost

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 8:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by arollins
Hi, need some help here. I'm a AA flyer and recently created my DM profile and provided all pertinent data regarding my KTN, contact #, etc. I've booked several trips on AA.com using US flights/metal. Whenever I do online check in with usair I'm not given the option to send the boarding passes to my cell phone. I've followed the instructions to link the phone, but no luck, nothing shows on my US bp wallet, it keeps telling to check in again and send bp to my phone. Any idea what is wrong?
Are you traveling from a city where US supports mobile BP's?
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ding-pass.html
Old May 25, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Yes, ORD, CLT, PHL.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Using the Android app? You have to"register" through the app first on the boarding pass wallet screen.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Using the Android app? You have to"register" through the app first on the boarding pass wallet screen.
Yes, it's android, and I've also registered through the app, received the confirmation email.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Yes, it's android, and I've also registered through the app, received the confirmation email.
So you don't get the option to send the boarding pass to your email?
For me at least, I send to my email, and when I open the email on my phone it has a link to the mobile BP. From there, you can add to Passport.

Have you contacted US Web Support?

I'm assuming that you're the only one traveling? Mobile only works for 1 pax.
Old May 27, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Still kind of disappointed couldn't get boarding passes for my SAN-PHX-DTW flights; forgot how much of a pain it is to hold on to loose paper.

At least let me get it for my connecting flight in Phoenix! On UA, I could re-checkin after my first flights and get mobile boarding passes for the remaining legs (usually just one leg) when my first airport didn't have mobile boarding (i.e, FNT-CLE-IAH).
Old May 29, 2014, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by aztimm
So you don't get the option to send the boarding pass to your email?
For me at least, I send to my email, and when I open the email on my phone it has a link to the mobile BP. From there, you can add to Passport.

Have you contacted US Web Support?

I'm assuming that you're the only one traveling? Mobile only works for 1 pax.
I think I found my solution, I must checkin via laptop/PC, I was actually given the option of sending to smartphone. Prior to that, I wAs just checking in through my mobile and never given the option. Is this the way to do this?, just use a PC or laptop and you have the option to send to smartphone? Thanks.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I think I found my solution, I must checkin via laptop/PC, I was actually given the option of sending to smartphone. Prior to that, I wAs just checking in through my mobile and never given the option. Is this the way to do this?, just use a PC or laptop and you have the option to send to smartphone? Thanks.
Last week I got my passes through checking in on my phone. For my flights the days before, I wasn't given the option, but I was flying out of an airport (SAN) that didn't support mobile passes.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Why is the US android app so far behind? So many steps apparently to get this to work properly... not so good for being on the go and using the app for the first time.

I compare it to the AS app which I use all the time, and that's slick. Maybe AA's IT peeps will have a crack at it soon.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: free agent
Mobile BP now for multi-person PNRs

Noticed this morning at OLCI that the mobile BP is now available if you have no more than two people on the PNR. I checked in for me and Mrs AT, and alongside the mobile BP checkbox, there was a place to enter her email, too. We both got emails, and both saved to our respective Passbooks.

Glad they finally fixed this!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Noticed this morning at OLCI that the mobile BP is now available if you have no more than two people on the PNR. I checked in for me and Mrs AT, and alongside the mobile BP checkbox, there was a place to enter her email, too. We both got emails, and both saved to our respective Passbooks.

Glad they finally fixed this!
Saw this on Monday as well, thought maybe it was only present in the app since I had never checked in two people from the app before. A nice surprise when I expected to have to get paper BPs.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Mobile Boarding Pass Help Please!

I'm new to USAir (and returning to AA after my UA divorce)

I'm flying tomorrow on a USAir flight booked on AA and trying to check in. I can get a pdf on my laptop. But cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a mobile boarding pass. I've loaded both the AA and US app, and I can check in on the US app, and it says I'm checked in but have no boarding pass!

Help from the experts please!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Mobile Boarding Pass Help Please!

Which airport are you departing? Mobile boarding passes are not available at all locations.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Segments
Which airport are you departing? Mobile boarding passes are not available at all locations.
LAX on US Express
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Just a reminder - although not "cool" - it is not against the rules to print out your boarding pass with a computer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.