Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Mobile Boarding Passes with US Airways
US Site with all the details

Note: mobile boarding is not available at all airports, check the website for full list.

Currently, US limits the airports where you can use this, to the list at the bottom of that page.

When you check in online, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and use your phone to get through security and board your flight. It's that easy.

Here's how:
  • Check in on usairways.com
  • When we ask 'How do you want your passes?' check 'Send my passes to my smartphone'
  • If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, install Passbook and tap 'Add to Passbook' from your mobile boarding pass
  • At the airport, use your mobile boarding pass at the kiosk (to check a bag), at the TSA checkpoint (to get through security) and at the gate when you board

You'll see the option when you check in online if:
  • Your flights are operated by US Airways
  • You're traveling through a city that has mobile boarding
  • You only have one person in your reservation
Print Wikipost

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If your first segment is US-operated you have no reason to check in with AA.

The US mobile site, m.usairways.com, has given me better results than the Android app.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Just a reminder - although not "cool" - it is not against the rules to print out your boarding pass with a computer
^

While I occasionally do the mobile thing now and again, I'm still a big fan of paper. It allows me to keep my phone in my bag during PreCheck and boarding.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I had an iten earlier this year that was AA booked on AA ticket, but had a few US segments mixed in.

I downloaded the US app, entered the record locator, and used them there without an issue. I did not try the AA app for those flights.

The US app has some cool stuff, I liked the bag tracking feature.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If your first segment is US-operated you have no reason to check in with AA.

The US mobile site, m.usairways.com, has given me better results than the Android app.
I'll try m next time. I figured the iOS ao would work and still think it might be user error but oh well

I did print a bp but it's not the lack of cool-it's a pain. Had to leave my room go to the lounge and find a printer. Mobile bp is just so much more convenient.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PP; Hilton Gold
You can just use a kiosk at the airport to get a paper BP, particularly easy and worry-free if you've already checked in.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaimelannister
You can just use a kiosk at the airport to get a paper BP, particularly easy and worry-free if you've already checked in.
doesn't work so well when you tend to go late to the airport and every minute matters. plus, i've found the kiosks stop spitting out boarding passes 30 mins before departure and often don't arrive that early.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
You need to register US Airwaysmobile app with your email address PRIOR to check in

Click the Widget/Settings icon and choose "Update Email" under boarding passes and click submit

Open youe email (that same email address) and click the link to verify that email address for use on mobile boarding passes

If you ALREADY checked in, then just re-check in on the mobile app and it WILL capture the boarding pass in the "Boarding Pass Wallet"
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA: EXP, 1 MM
I've not used the USairways app, but the AA app is pretty straightforward and will add your mobile boarding pass to the passbook app on your iPhone. This is an older video, but the processes is basically the same for the new iOS and updated AA app: http://youtu.be/8uaWFCDA_5E
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
doesn't work so well when you tend to go late to the airport and every minute matters. plus, i've found the kiosks stop spitting out boarding passes 30 mins before departure and often don't arrive that early.
If you are flying from LAX on US Express (i.e. from the remote terminal), arriving less than 30 minutes before departure is risky - understatement - no matter what kind of BP you have.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:48 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
For iOS passbook, you don't don't even need the app. Check-in one website, and select mobile BP option. The email will have a link to add to passbook.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not getting a link for email for mobile boarding pass for flights tomorrow. Only print. LAX-CLT, CLT-YOW

Does US not do mobile BP for international?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Not getting a link for email for mobile boarding pass for flights tomorrow. Only print. LAX-CLT, CLT-YOW

Does US not do mobile BP for international?
It would seem that way. I didn't have the option recently flying DFW-PHL-LIS
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
It would seem that way. I didn't have the option recently flying DFW-PHL-LIS
Aarggh. Another thread indicated this is because US requires that your BP be stamped physically with "documents checked" when flying internationally. So five years ago. :-)
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Aarggh. Another thread indicated this is because US requires that your BP be stamped physically with "documents checked" when flying internationally. So five years ago. :-)
I don't have a stamp on my BP. I just had them look at my passport when checking my bag at the counter and at the gate upon boarding the TATL segment.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Not sure when it happened, but I was surprised to be offered a mobile boarding pass for CHS today. Seems the list is a lot longer then last I looked.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ding-pass.html

Still waiting for PVD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.