Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Mobile Boarding Passes with US Airways
US Site with all the details

Note: mobile boarding is not available at all airports, check the website for full list.

Currently, US limits the airports where you can use this, to the list at the bottom of that page.

When you check in online, choose 'Send my passes to my smartphone' and use your phone to get through security and board your flight. It's that easy.

Here's how:
  • Check in on usairways.com
  • When we ask 'How do you want your passes?' check 'Send my passes to my smartphone'
  • If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, install Passbook and tap 'Add to Passbook' from your mobile boarding pass
  • At the airport, use your mobile boarding pass at the kiosk (to check a bag), at the TSA checkpoint (to get through security) and at the gate when you board

You'll see the option when you check in online if:
  • Your flights are operated by US Airways
  • You're traveling through a city that has mobile boarding
  • You only have one person in your reservation
Print Wikipost

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
It seems like also at airports that do mobile boarding passes, US won't let you use them if there are more than one person on the PNR. Wondering if that is just happening to me?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by dcpatti
It seems like also at airports that do mobile boarding passes, US won't let you use them if there are more than one person on the PNR. Wondering if that is just happening to me?
I've had the same experience. If I'm flying solo i get the mobile BP option... if others are on my PNR, no dice.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Nope, that is listed on the US Mobile Boarding Pass page:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ding-pass.html

You'll see the option when you check in online if:

You’re flying within the U.S.
You only have one person in your reservation
That page also lists the participating cities.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
ILM is not a participating city.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
App? That does it for me.... Iirc
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: US Silver, WN, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Azzuristar
App? That does it for me.... Iirc
Anybody have any tricks to get the mobile boarding passes to show up in the app? Mine don't show up for tomorrow's flights, despite the fact that I checked in through the app.

It keeps telling me to check in again and check the "Send Boarding Passes to Smartphone" even though I've already done that and they show up in my email but not the app.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by ERAU_MBA_Student
Anybody have any tricks to get the mobile boarding passes to show up in the app? Mine don't show up for tomorrow's flights, despite the fact that I checked in through the app.

It keeps telling me to check in again and check the "Send Boarding Passes to Smartphone" even though I've already done that and they show up in my email but not the app.
did you activate your app? You have to activate it, enroll your email so that in the future, when you check in and email to that address, they go in your wallet
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Yes, it's an old thread, but I noticed another expansion of mobile boarding passes.

Current list is at: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ding-pass.html

The list is somewhat longer than it used to be. (Includes Hartford (BDL) for example)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Wish I knew what the delay was, any airport that has precheck should be capable.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
Yes, it's an old thread, but I noticed another expansion of mobile boarding passes.

Current list is at: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ding-pass.html

The list is somewhat longer than it used to be. (Includes Hartford (BDL) for example)
I wish I knew why RDU is not on this list. There are loads of smaller markets with fewer daily US flights that have mobile boarding. So why no RDU?!?!

What baffles me is why don't all of the airports, or at least midsize and up, have mobile boarding? If the other airlines can do it, why is it so hard for US?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wfdude
If the other airlines can do it, why is it so hard for US?
2D scanners cost money, son!

Like $300 a piece!

US aint spendin money!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by bkafrick
2D scanners cost money, son!

Like $300 a piece!

US aint spendin money!
Also probably depends on the situation at the airport.

MCI is home for me, and is in the process of closing down the terminal the *A carriers are in. UA and AC have already moved, with US scheduled to follow in not-too-distant future, and I'm almost certain that's why it doesn't do mobile yet -- if/when MCI gets it, it'll be after US has moved over to its new home in C.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
at least give us the option to get the boarding pass for our connecting airport, thats where I find that I wish I had it more since I usually forget where I stashed the second on when in PHL or CLT.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: WFBF
US now supports mobile passes at MCI, by the way -- my flight out on Friday offered me a mobile pass, and it worked fine.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Mobile boarding pass wallet issues

Hi, need some help here. I'm a AA flyer and recently created my DM profile and provided all pertinent data regarding my KTN, contact #, etc. I've booked several trips on AA.com using US flights/metal. Whenever I do online check in with usair I'm not given the option to send the boarding passes to my cell phone. I've followed the instructions to link the phone, but no luck, nothing shows on my US bp wallet, it keeps telling to check in again and send bp to my phone. Any idea what is wrong?

Last edited by arollins; May 25, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.