FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1243875-us-mobile-boarding-passes-master-thread.html)

awaflyboy Aug 3, 2011 11:57 am

US Mobile Boarding Passes [master thread]

Posted in the daily employee newsletter:

Starting today, US Airways customers traveling to or from Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) can say goodbye to paper boarding passes and instead opt to receive a mobile boarding pass on their smartphone. MSP is one of 13 US Airways cities that now have mobile boarding capabilities. Other cities include Las Vegas (LAS), CLT, Denver, Colo. (DEN), PIT, PHL, PHX, Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW), BOS, LGA, DCA, Chicago-O’Hare (ORD) and Atlanta (ATL). Mobile boarding will launch in Orange County, Calif. (SNA) later this month and plans for the second phase of implementation are underway.

dtremit Aug 3, 2011 1:45 pm

Nice to hear.

Mobile boarding has been working flawlessly for me -- which I can't say about my experiences with DL and AA's earlier implementations. It appears US waited until TSA worked out the bugs.

geo1005 Aug 3, 2011 1:51 pm

The couple of times I've used it out of DCA it has worked just fine. ^

I still have a paper copy in my carry-on as back-up.

HereAndThereSC Aug 3, 2011 2:06 pm

Used it last week @ CLT. Worked very well.

HTSC

gonzoinaz Aug 8, 2011 3:51 pm

Anyone having any problems getting their mobile boarding pass? Tried it for flight from PHX tomorrow and said their was a problem, and last week on a PHX-CLT-SDF flight it wouldn't give me the option for mobile pass.

Paper boarding pass printed so not really a big deal.

ellinj Feb 12, 2013 5:54 am

I'd like to see this program expand a little more quickly. PVD has had mobile scanners at the TSA checkpoint for a while. Used one today on my UA flight. Whats the holdup US? If the airport is fully equipped why not offer it? Upgrades required at the gate?

phisher4 Feb 12, 2013 6:51 am

Mobile Boarding Expands

Love the mobile pass... Lets expand it to trains, buses, museums, movies, and concerts too please. :)

CrizzleColts Feb 12, 2013 8:13 am

Come on IND.

lcove Feb 12, 2013 8:39 am

Originally Posted by phisher4 (Post 20231309)
Love the mobile pass... Lets expand it to trains, buses, museums, movies, and concerts too please. :)

Amtrak does do this, or at least does it for Northeast Corridor trains that I've taken.

ellinj Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by lcove (Post 20231879)
Amtrak does do this, or at least does it for Northeast Corridor trains that I've taken.

Amtrak even works with Apple passbook.

njf1003 Feb 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by lcove (Post 20231879)

Amtrak works on all trains and I'm 100% on it working unlike TSA and airlines...

BluHorseshoe Mar 6, 2013 5:12 pm

US Mobile Boarding Passes in Passbook (merged threads)

Hi All -

I just checked in for my flight tomorrow night and elected to receive a mobile boarding pass just as I usually do. When I pulled it up on my phone, I noticed a button to add it to passbook. Is this a new feature the US added for all mobile boarding passes, or is it something that I have just been oblivious to for the last few months?

It looks great to have my pass in passbook and is much more convenient. Hopefully this is a permanent update and not just a limited release test.

boston813 Mar 6, 2013 5:28 pm

That's interesting. I haven't tried to load anything into passbook but if it will hold my usair passes then maybe I'll give it a try on the way home on Friday.

MikeLaw Mar 6, 2013 5:36 pm

That would be quite new and a very welcome development.

jr57 Mar 6, 2013 6:06 pm

Just checked, and I had this option on my boarding pass yesterday as well. I didn't think to use it at the time because I am accustomed to the cumbersome mobile passes we know and love to hate. This is a very welcome development. Passbook looks great.