Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
I signed up for trial silver(7.5K) but will end up flying 12.5k in the 3 months. If trial gold is 10k does that mean I will be upgraded to gold?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by bcard519
I signed up for trial silver(7.5K) but will end up flying 12.5k in the 3 months. If trial gold is 10k does that mean I will be upgraded to gold?
Yes, even if you signed up for silver, if you fly the required amounts, you can bump it up. Only problem is, gold is 15k.

Last edited by sbbutler93; Apr 16, 2011 at 1:45 pm Reason: clarity
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
The last trial that US had, the answer was YES. I'm assuming this is true now too. I started off as Silver, and ended up making it to Platnium.

Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
If I am 2000 miles short can I buy up to the 15k for gold?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
If I am 2000 miles short can I buy up to the 15k for gold?
Sorry, I don't think you can, but in your case, I would suggest a mileage run. All you need is some roundrtip discounted fare with a connection (eg. PIT-PHL-DCA and back), as if you are currently trial silver, you have a 500 mile minimum/segment.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:01 pm

I have till the 29th, I am booked to fly YYZ-PHL-MUN on the 23rd back on the 28ths. Anyone know of anything cheap this week out of BUF, DTW or YYZ? lol
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:35 pm

I have till the 29th, I am booked to fly YYZ-PHL-MUN on the 23rd back on the 28ths. Anyone know of anything cheap this week out of BUF, DTW or YYZ? lol
I'd suggest going to the Mileage Run Discussion Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...iscussion-627/

There are people on there that know every trick to find stuff.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:55 pm

Hey all! I am new to the Dividend miles program (and the forum!) and I've got a couple of questions on the trial preferred, you might be able to answer by your experience!

If I pay the 200$ for the Silver Trial, I will have Silver status for 90days. I am going to fly over 15000 miles within that period, so the status will be extended to February 29 2012, as stated. My question is: will these (over) 15000 miles I will have accrued count for preferred status for the whole 2012 thereafter (as would happen if I was just using my FF number without this Trial Preferred program), depending on the miles I have collected? Or is it just until Feb 2012 anyway in US Airways (i.e. status starts as soon as you reach the miles and counts till the end of *current* season)?

Last question: I have already made a reservation with US Airways, but haven't flown yet. I have provided my United Mileage Plus Frequent Flyer number, not US Airways. Will I be able to change it for free before I fly, if I want to take part in the Preferred Trial Program? I guess the miles will count then.

Thank you
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Question 1, yes, the 15000 miles will count towards your elite status for 2012, remember once you meet the requirements for Silver in the 90 days, your status is good until Feb 2012.

Question 2, yes you can change the FF # in your res as long as you have not flown yet.

Originally Posted by kostasn0
Hey all! I am new to the Dividend miles program (and the forum!) and I've got a couple of questions on the trial preferred, you might be able to answer by your experience!

If I pay the 200$ for the Silver Trial, I will have Silver status for 90days. I am going to fly over 15000 miles within that period, so the status will be extended to February 29 2012, as stated. My question is: will these (over) 15000 miles I will have accrued count for preferred status for the whole 2012 thereafter (as would happen if I was just using my FF number without this Trial Preferred program), depending on the miles I have collected? Or is it just until Feb 2012 anyway in US Airways (i.e. status starts as soon as you reach the miles and counts till the end of *current* season)?

Last question: I have already made a reservation with US Airways, but haven't flown yet. I have provided my United Mileage Plus Frequent Flyer number, not US Airways. Will I be able to change it for free before I fly, if I want to take part in the Preferred Trial Program? I guess the miles will count then.

Thank you
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by kostasn0

Thank you
Going on what FlightNurse put

The best thing is you are going to buy trial silver, but will attain gold til Feb 2012...but I've read from some on here that are speculating that if the program stays into July, they will extend it further into 2012.

You can change the FF#, but you won't may not get the silver benefits according to T&C, but some other users have reported it counting, so I guess YMMV

Terms & Conditions

This program is only available to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles member must fly minimum amount of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for remainder of program year. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12 month period. Members who did not re-qualify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite qualifying flights earned on flights operated by US Airways and US Airways Express can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after member's status has been upgraded reflect member's new status.

Last edited by sbbutler93; Apr 23, 2011 at 10:23 pm Reason: corrected
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Going on what FlightNurse put

The best thing is you are going to buy trial silver, but will attain gold til Feb 2012...but I've read from some on here that are speculating that if the program stays into July, they will extend it further into 2012.

You can change the FF#, but you won't get the silver benefits. I don't think it will count towards the 15k threshold you're aiming for either.
It will count. I signed up for Trial Preferred on an existing reservation about 2 hours before the flight and not only did it count, but I was upgraded as there were still FC seats available.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by justhere
It will count. I signed up for Trial Preferred on an existing reservation about 2 hours before the flight and not only did it count, but I was upgraded as there were still FC seats available.
Alrighty...wasn't too sure. T&C are quite awkwardly worded. I'll edit my post.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, USAirways Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Alrighty...wasn't too sure. T&C are quite awkwardly worded. I'll edit my post.
I signed up from the plane after boarding 2nd leg of a outbound trip and got credit for both outbound legs toward my status qualification. The flights were credited as Silver when they posted 2 days later.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:21 pm

I'm a United (UAL) 1K and Million Mile flyer, living in CLT.
I looked at doing the trial preferred program to get to Gold status. Here are my thoughts.

I can book U.S. flights using my UAL number. I get no status nor miles on US, but I get
- Priority Boarding (and TSA preferred gate access)
- No baggage fees

I will probably never get a US first class upgrade this way. Thoughts on going for the trial program or staying with UAL?
Old May 5, 2011, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Wrong.. U get miles and segments on US, but you get no upgrades. U will board after FC and chairman. If you use your MP #

If you are going to do the trail for status, you will have to get a US Airways DM #, which will give you Silver on US and fly X amount of miles or segments within 90 days. Now living in CLT, silver means nothing really since it's a US hub city.

How many miles a year will you fly, you just might want to keep your MP account since you have status with UA.

Originally Posted by bh9197
I'm a United (UAL) 1K and Million Mile flyer, living in CLT.
I looked at doing the trial preferred program to get to Gold status. Here are my thoughts.

I can book U.S. flights using my UAL number. I get no status nor miles on US, but I get
- Priority Boarding (and TSA preferred gate access)
- No baggage fees

I will probably never get a US first class upgrade this way. Thoughts on going for the trial program or staying with UAL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.