Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:16 pm

Finally, Mission Accomplished!

Hey guys,

Finally my status changed to Chairman. Monday i waited for 2 hour get to talk with CP line customer service, she suggested me to send all materials to Plat email, with in 1 hr, i received first response that they are investigating my case.
the next morning, i received another email saying they have confirmed and credited my Alaska segment into US air. however, they mis-calculated my trial by only calculating Jan 1 - end. so i lost 3-4 segment in Dec. i quickly explained and replied this morning. by afternoon, i just received an apology email from Plat email, also they have correctly posted CP in my account.

Well, tons of troubles on the road, but finally i made it before merging.

FYI, they said all Preferred will be handled by AA after merge. Which means AA agent may not have much info about pre-merge detailed.

If you have anything pending with US air, get it done before this weekend!!!

Thank you all for help me out!

Originally Posted by Arsey00
Don't take it personally, okyu. I've had the same problems with flights in limbo between programs most of this winter, and still do, and also with getting through. US CS staff are currently on mandatory overtime because of the impending merger, and East Coast weather this winter has not helped. It is simply very difficult to get through. If you've successfully made Gold and Platinum, use the numbers for those levels as well. Also, it's not worth pleading your case until you get someone actually who actually works in the Dividend Miles department. The agent answering the phone is a booking agent and knowing about the Trial Preferred program isn't necessarily part of their job.

Just ask to be connected to Dividend Miles, wait forever, hope, pray, whatever it takes, and THEN get frustrated if you still get no joy
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: Marriott PFL, AA PFL 3MM Miles, EXP
Problem with US CP Challenge --> AA?

Hi all,

A bit of long story but hopefully I make it concise enough to elicit your advice how to proceed.

First of all I am a AA Lifetime Platinum and had been EXP for quite a few years until last couple of years.

On Dec 10, 2014 I registered for Silver Preferred challenge on USAir.

In Feb and Mar 2015 I flew two round trips ORD HKG, outbound on CX and return on AA, all on AA marketed flights. I bought both tickets on AA and I call later to AA to change to USAir FFP number both times.

The first outbound flight, I noticed that my AA number was on the boarding pass and I asked the CX agent to put in my USAir number and she did. Subsequently I saw on aa.com that my outbound flight still was credited to AA and return flight was credited to USAir. The second round trip was successfully credited to USAir both ways.

I had flown other segments and my 3 month total was 34k miles, which should put me over 30k miles to satisfy Chairman Preferred before March 10.

I had tried many times to get USAir to credit my flight pre-merger and many times process got in the way -- AA had to release the miles, which they did but USAir did not see the miles and they did not credit. A Dividend Miles service rep emailed me that they would credit me the flight but to wait 14 days.

Now 14 days later and post merger, I called AAdvantage to get this rectified. Every time I had to rehash the story and they end up getting tripped by the Silver Preferred part. They thought I had paid $200 to be a USAir Silver Preferred, period. Finally, the third time I got someone that properly researched the issue and recognized that I should have had Chairman Preferred status pre-merger. Unfortunately, he told me he could not do anything to make the status adjustment retroactively.

I understand where he comes from but from my perspective, I paid $200 to enroll, lost some number of matching miles between Silver Preferred and my normal Platinum status and got no status even I satisfied the challenge.

Anyone has the same issue? What should I do? Help please!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Didn't the US challenge require AA or US metal, not just AA or US code? It was different from the AA challenge which allowed for some partners. Neither to my knowledge allowed CX metal.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I just checked the WIKI on this and you have it all wrong.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...er-thread.html
$200 fee was for Silver preferred, $400 for Gold, and $600 for Chairman. However, you could apply for the Silver or Gold preferred, fly the 30k needed, and will be granted Chairman. For the RDM, it was best to apply for the Gold. Also, US challenge was on either US or AA, CX was not involved.
Sorry.

Last edited by arollins; Apr 7, 2015 at 4:42 pm
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by oc123
Anyone has the same issue? What should I do? Help please!
It sounds like you only flew HKG-ORD 2X on AA metal, and those all successfully credited to US Air. It doesn't really matter (for the purposes of the challenge) where the CX metal was credited.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:36 pm

I thought as long as it was an AA coded flight (AA8922) it would be fine for the challenge. The USAir Dividend Miles people confirmed that as well.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:41 pm

Also, they confirmed that for the challenge, I pay $200 to be silver and then as long as I fly 30k miles I would get CP pre merger. Problem is they cannot make the status adjustment post merger. I have to think they have to have ways to rectify mistakes or catch people they missed post merger. Question is whom do I talk to?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I thought as long as it was an AA coded flight (AA8922) it would be fine for the challenge. The USAir Dividend Miles people confirmed that as well.
From the WikiPost at the top of this thread:
Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program.
The info in the WikiPost was taking from the trial page on the US site.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:57 pm

Update --

AAdvantage supervisor just called and left a message that they made the adjustment to EXP. I checked and it was updated on the website already! Now I just wait for the SWU to get deposited. Does that take long?

Thanks to all who responded and to AA. It took a few calls but they did listen.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: EMT-P
After MANY hours on the phone, I finally got everything credited properly and status changed to EXP. Only disappointment is that I didn't get bonus miles on flights from the time I should have had CP status but they credited me 2,000 miles to make up for that. It should have been about an extra 8,500 based on the flights but after such a slog I was just happy to have everything resolved.

Now just have to work on requalifying for next year!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by medichill
After MANY hours on the phone, I finally got everything credited properly and status changed to EXP. Only disappointment is that I didn't get bonus miles on flights from the time I should have had CP status but they credited me 2,000 miles to make up for that. It should have been about an extra 8,500 based on the flights but after such a slog I was just happy to have everything resolved.

Now just have to work on requalifying for next year!
Congrats. Glad it all worked out in the end!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:35 am

Update --

AAdvantage supervisor just called and left a message that they made the adjustment to EXP. I checked and it was updated on the website already! Now I just wait for the SWU to get deposited. Does that take long?

Thanks to all who responded and to AA. It took a few calls but they did listen.
Wow, they were really generous as your CX flight(s) shouldn't have counted for the challenge. Congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.