Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 1:43 pm

I do have a US Mileage number. When I book thru US I use my UAL number instead, which clicks in my UAL Star Alliance status. Sounds like you confirmed my thoughts that "living in CLT, silver means nothing really since it's a US hub city". I think I'll stick it out as a UAL PAX flying under cover with US Air.

Thanks for you input !
Old May 6, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Wrong.. U get miles and segments on US, but you get no upgrades. U will board after FC and chairman. If you use your MP #
Ummm - if the UA number is used miles and segments will credit to UA's program and not US'.

bh9197, a lot will depend on who you end up flying from CLT. If you use US a lot - enough to earn status - it might be worth while to credit to the US program and maybe sign up for the trial preferred. Upgrades will depend on where and when you fly, but as you say are probably harder for a Silver/Gold to get at a US hub. On the other hand, if you want to use UA when you can and like their program, you'll get the benefits of *A Gold on US.

Jim
Old May 15, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: LH M&M - US AIR - BMI - HYATT - SPG - SIXT - PP
Do you receive the new card in the mail if you sign up for the 90 day trial? How long will the shipment take?
Old May 15, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
you don't get one on the 90 days. I did the trial and almost qualified for gold... I have been waiting three weeks for my card to no avail
Old May 16, 2011, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by bcard519
you don't get one on the 90 days.
hmm thanks..

how should you be able to use your trial benefits (*G), without the card
Old May 16, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
It's in the system and they print your status on your bp. I have had no issues without a card
Old May 16, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by bcard519
It's in the system and they print your status on your bp. I have had no issues without a card
It would be needed for lounge access within *A.

Strange they do not give you the option to receive the card.. since the fee is not particulary cheap
Old May 17, 2011, 10:42 am

Question on Status

Hi All,
I am going to be staffed on a project for the next year. I'll be flying PHL - BUF every week starting in June. I just lost my Silver status this past March. I have two flights coming up before I start the PHL - BUF trips, PHL to BOS and PHL to CLT to MGM, both round trips.

Question is should I buy the Silver Preferred Trial? I will need to check baggage for both of the flights prior to the PHL - BUF flights.

Are there any other options?

Thanks!!!
Old May 17, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
It depends.

First of all, are you flying PHL-BUF round trip?

Also, how long after your first trip (I assume that it is the PHL-BOS trip) will you be starting your PHL-BUF trips.

Finally, are you skipping any weeks?
Old May 17, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: US Silver, Total Rewards Diamond
Per USAirways' Terms and Conditions, you are not eligible for a Trial Preferred Period since you were preferred the previous year (2010).

From the website:
This program is only available to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles member must fly minimum amount of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for remainder of program year. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12 month period. Members who did not re-qualify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite qualifying flights earned on flights operated by US Airways and US Airways Express can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after member's status has been upgraded reflect member's new status.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:44 am

Thanks psugrad02, didn't see that.

Sorry mubai, no dice. US won't give you prefered until you fly the 25,000 miles (or in this case, you might qualify on segments)

Does anyone know if trial CP comes with upgrade certs?
Old May 17, 2011, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by usAir
It depends.

First of all, are you flying PHL-BUF round trip?

Also, how long after your first trip (I assume that it is the PHL-BOS trip) will you be starting your PHL-BUF trips.

Finally, are you skipping any weeks?
PHL - BUF - all round trips. Every week for 12 months, as far as I know.

PHL to BOS - May 23rd
PHL to CLT to MGM - May 26th
PHL to BUF - starts June 1st or 6th.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by psugrad02
Per USAirways' Terms and Conditions, you are not eligible for a Trial Preferred Period since you were preferred the previous year (2010).
Bummer.

Originally Posted by usAir
Sorry mubai, no dice. US won't give you prefered until you fly the 25,000 miles (or in this case, you might qualify on segments)
Bummer again.

Thanks for the info though. I wish I could pick another airline besides US scAirways, but it seems the best from PHL in terms of cost and flight options.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:01 pm

OK, I called US DM and the only options are:
Trial: Gold for $430 or Trial Platinum for $645.

Is it worth $430? I know it's so subjective, but if I could get some ideas on how to quantify it besides, you get 48 hour upgrade, that would be great.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:14 pm

Ok, well then you have something to work with. With the flying that you'll be doing, you'll be able to keep gold status on segments. (20 segments within 90 days). If you want to do it, go ahead, US gold does have its benefits (You'll get preferred upgrades to 1st class, bonus miles, better treatment, lounge access when you fly overseas, and other stuff. See http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../benefits.html for a list of benefits.)

Just make sure to buy it a day before your first flight (PHL-BOS). You want to make sure to start the 90 day period late enough that you'll be able to complete all 20 segments within the 90 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.