Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: US C.P.
I'll stand corrected, but I don't believe there is anything other than what you mention. Program wise, it is like the marketing division has taken the first quarter off. Other years have been similar, but this year is eerie quiet. I'm figuring there has to be a program within the first 15 days of April. Just have no idea what it will look like
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta PM, USA GP, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Trial Preferred Question

I signed up for a Silver trial and have already done 10 segments in 10 days. It looks like during the 90 day trial I should have 40+ segments. Will I be higher than silver at the end of the trial or will I remain as a silver.

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Originally Posted by chrisw73
I signed up for a Silver trial and have already done 10 segments in 10 days. It looks like during the 90 day trial I should have 40+ segments. Will I be higher than silver at the end of the trial or will I remain as a silver.

Thanks
You will the get the highest level you reach.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by itsme110
I'll stand corrected, but I don't believe there is anything other than what you mention. Program wise, it is like the marketing division has taken the first quarter off. Other years have been similar, but this year is eerie quiet. I'm figuring there has to be a program within the first 15 days of April. Just have no idea what it will look like
itsme110,

Thanx for your thoughts...one follow-up, can the Trial Preferred be retroactive, or, only from date of sign-up?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
Originally Posted by nycatl
itsme110,

Thanx for your thoughts...one follow-up, can the Trial Preferred be retroactive, or, only from date of sign-up?
It won't be retroactive. However, any existing reservations will show the preferred status and the benefits will apply.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by airgator
It won't be retroactive. However, any existing reservations will show the preferred status and the benefits will apply.
airgator,

Thanks to you, as well...though, not the answer I was hoping for (have already done 8 segs, with at least 4 in the pipeline). Recent destinations/fares have mandated flying on US. Prior to a job loss, I had status on both US (Gold), DL (Plat). Just not sure which carrier to focus on yet (national travel). Definite advantage to US is the almost-weekly guarantee of 4 segs from ATL.

Not to hijack, but, does you handle have anything to do with affiliation with the university in Gainesville? If so, how are you coping with yesterday's result?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:56 pm

Great thread. One thing I didn't see addressed: anyone know when the membership/program year for this ends? Right now status earned through the contest continues through Feb 2012. At some point still in 2011, will the status earned go to Feb 2013 instead? It would be pretty great to get 15 or 18 months out of this.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway
Great thread. One thing I didn't see addressed: anyone know when the membership/program year for this ends? Right now status earned through the contest continues through Feb 2012. At some point still in 2011, will the status earned go to Feb 2013 instead? It would be pretty great to get 15 or 18 months out of this.
Anyone on this one?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway
Usually, July 1st is used the cutoff on determining when status will expire. (If earned before July 1st, status will expire Feb 2012. After July 1st, it would last until Feb 2013.)

I can't confirm this, as I don't see it documented anywhere. So it may be good to call in an ask.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I paid $600.00 for Platinum in March

My upgrades are 12/12

Must say well worth it ^

Once I hit the 30 segments I'm gonna look at what it takes to get to CP.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by dl767captain
I was wondering that also, but we already used that this year for our Continental flight to pay for our 3 bags since I'm Silver Medallion on Delta and will get 2 free bags for a year. I don't think it works for this kind of thing but it would be pretty cool if it did, it might get me to fly US air more often than i do now
Did anyone ever wind up trying this and successfully getting it reimbursed?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
received silver card again

Originally Posted by 5thofjuly
Did anyone ever wind up trying this and successfully getting it reimbursed?
hi,

i have been silver us airways member in 2010. earned it in september 2009 through a promotion (fly 7.5K).

now my friends flew with me, and they made gold. their status went to general memer on 2/28 in 2011.

my status is still silver and today i received a new silber card in a new design , saying SILVER in huge letters in the middle of the card.

is there any logical explanation for this? i didnt fly or put a mile into my usairways dividend miles account in 2010/2011.

dp
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:07 pm

How do you get Trial Status?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by mishugana
How do you get Trial Status?
Info and signup is available on the US Airways Dividend Miles site: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...preferred.html

Basically you pay money to be a certain status for 90 days (the lowest is $200 for silver). During that time if you fly a certain amount of segments/miles, you will earn status for the rest of the year (including the rest of the trial period). Check out that link.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:08 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
If we trial after Sep1, do we get status till Feb 2013?
It apears that at least one poster has had status till Feb 2013 given to him

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.