Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: UAMP
Here We Go Again

Have been fighting .bomb for the last hour. Very weird stuff including me being able to view some 1P named James' MP balance.......this appeared in the LeftHand Nav sidebar.

UAL, you have some serious issues with your website that need to be solved ASAP.

Here's what's on the home-page currently:

You may be experiencing a small delay while either purchasing or searching for fares on united.com. We are working to resolve this issue quickly.

Uhhh, the problem is more pronounced than slowness guys........I can't get a flight to book completely!

Spindrift
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: UAMP
Brokeback Website...

Can't book a flight:

We're Sorry
Your current session has expired. To start over, please return to united.com.
SessionId :1190145797632090871121248379UserIntA6
Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
still having "hiccups' as of 5:44est

Back

Customer alert: united.com
We’re sorry.
You may be experiencing a small delay while either purchasing or searching for fares on united.com.
We are working to resolve this issue quickly.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
10:56pm EST - still not able to purchase a ticket...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Two things:

(1) On my outbound this week (MCI-DEN-SEA), I never could OLCI. The flight never opened for OLCI at all. I called the 1P line and asked why - I was concerned that the flight had either been canceled or had an equipment change. My seat assignment was 10F - an equipment change to one particular type of 737 could theoretically leave me without a seat. Agent couldn't figure it out, I checked in at the airport kiosk and the flight operated normally. I was not SSSS'ed or anything like that. I have no idea why I couldn't OLCI.

(2) Today, my return, OLCI will not offer any standby flight options. I'm not too worried - I'm merely trying to fly 1 hour earlier today, the flight appears to have plenty of seats, so I'll just add my name at the gate. But when I click the "Standby" link, why won't it show a list of flight options? We're talking SEA-DEN here - there are many options that it should show. I understand the 4-hour rules on the $50 change, but I'm not trying to do that. I just want to standby. When I first checked at 6AM, it should have showed three or four flights at least.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
So after fighting .bomb all day today trying to make a SFO-GVA reservation and getting nothing but errors, I broke down and called the website CSR number. It took them an hour to make the reservation - they kept having problems too. They blamed LH and non-availability, even though .bomb showed available.

In the end the ticket was $15 dollars cheaper through the CSR. Not enough to compensate for the wasted time, but at least the itinerary got booked.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS
Zipcode field in paid upgrades form has issues

The zipcode field in the paid upgrades form does not allow you to use the Zip+4 format. For example, I could not enter 98102-4310 as my zipcode. The weirdest thing about this is the zipcode 98102-4310 was pre-populated! It must have taken my info from my saved profile with United. Sad.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
Your session has expired, please login again...

Has anybody noticed that .bomb sessions seem to time-out more quickly recently?

Sometimes I am in the middle of booking/searching itins, then get distracted with work (or other online activity ) and it seems after maybe 5 minutes or so I am forced to re login to my MP account.

Is it my imagination that it never used to time out so quickly?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:30 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Concur that the timeout cycle is pretty fast, but I can't say that it's a recent change....
Old Oct 6, 2007, 9:01 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
THEY'VE BROKEN THE SITE WITH SAFARI!

It auto-quits now when loading the page.
There are very few things that could totally divorce my loyalty from United, but pissing off all Mac users running Safari is one of them. It's been like this for at least a week now.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
THEY'VE BROKEN THE SITE WITH SAFARI!

It auto-quits now when loading the page.
There are very few things that could totally divorce my loyalty from United, but pissing off all Mac users running Safari is one of them. It's been like this for at least a week now.
I'm using Safari and have no problems accessing the website and logging into my account and searching for flights. I'm using Safari version 3.0.3 (which is their beta release) but it also works fine when I'm on my laptop, which is using version 2.0.4.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I'm using Safari and have no problems accessing the website and logging into my account and searching for flights.
It's apparently a problem only with Safari v1.x, which shipped with Panther and Jaguar. My father is using an older system and has mentioned the same problem, while I haven't experienced it (since I'm running Tiger).

Gotta say, while it's annoying for them to break compatibility, Safari v1.x has been "obsolete" for nearly 3 years (ever since Tiger was released), and one can't expect them to maintain backwards compatibility indefinitely...
Old Oct 9, 2007, 5:12 am

Programs: Diamond Everything
Star Alliance Upgrade Awards

Why doesn't UA remove boastful information that Star was the first alliance to introduce upgrade awards when they have been long discontinued? Why have this info and the large red font notice/heading that requests for such awards are no longer accepted on the same page???
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Trying to price out a flight, getting the "minimum connection time" error DESPITE the fact that the MINIMUM connection time is 2 hours for each leg.

Weak.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 6:49 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
EasyCheck-in: Flight change

Trying to checkin for tomorrow's very early flight, and rather than giving me a list of itineraries, checkinable and not, I am directed to the Flight Change page, where I am asked to Select the airport location you intend to depart from. There are no airports listed, and clicking on continue gives me an error because I have not selected an airport. Argh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.