Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 6:13 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by puligny
I want to book LHR - IAD in V or Q class(the cheapest) so I can use a SWU and return, IAD - LHR, in H class so I can upgrade using miles. Is there a way to do this via the web site? So far it seems you have to have the same class for both legs.
You are correct, the UA web site does not have the capability to chose mixed fares. And very few do. It has to be done manually.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:11 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
When trying to the view "My mileage summary" I get:
NA_ui.mp.errors.mpdetails_invalid_date NA_ui.mp.errors.mpdetails_invalid_date An error has occurred, please try again later
Redeemable miles activity from Dates are not available. To Dates are not available.

Date Activity Miles added/deducted Elite bonus Fare bonus Total

Category summary from Dates are not available. To Dates are not available.
The default dates that the web page shows displayed are Sep 1, 2007 to Nov 1 2007. The current date is Nov 13 so Sep 14 to Nov 13 should be selected. The date on my computer is correct. WinXP with Firefox. Sounds like the clock on the server or backend is wrong.

Edited to add: I looked at the generated html and noticed calls in lots of places to the function syncDate();. I don't ever remember seeing this before. Maybe it's new, maybe I did not notice before. Tried again and it worked correctly.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Nov 14, 2007 at 2:02 pm
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Question Problem purchasing held iteneraries?

Hello I'm a newbie here. At 17:40 EST Thursday I was trying to purchase a held itinerary and .bomb keeps rejecting my credit card information. "Please validate your credit card information" (and yes, I am entering the info correctly).

Now I could call UA, to purchase the ticket but because of some creative routing, I would prefer if a human did not have to look at the itinerary before the ticket was issued. I will, of course have to call in if the problem does not resolve itself. Note that .bomb is not telling me that the fare has changed or anything like that, just claiming that my credit card info is wrong.

I called my credit card provider and they show no declines on my account. So I suspect it may be a .bomb issue. Has anyone else been seeing this today?

Thanks

Edit: The newbie applies to posting on FlyerTalk, (I'm definitely not a newbie when it comes to purchasing tickets on .bomb).

Edit2: Problem solved. I called united.com support, got India. It was was a refare issue, the price had dropped!. Now if .bomb would only tell me that instead of than my credit card was wrong

Last edited by Peacock; Nov 15, 2007 at 4:56 pm
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
Why am I not surprised to get this when I try to contact Customer Support through the website???

ERROR: Could not create process

Yup, that explains it all.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
"My Promotions"

I just noticed this new feature on dot-bomb; can't see any reference in this thread (other than a suggestion from 2004 to implement such a feature).

Mileage Plus -> Earn Miles -> Mileage Plus Promotions -> My promotions

Lists eligible promotions, has links to register for them, and tells you for which ones you have registered already.

CO has had this for a while.

Congratulations, UA!
Old Nov 24, 2007, 7:10 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
I just noticed this new feature on dot-bomb
Actually, there have been at least 2 threads on this topic... I don't have time to link them at the moment but try searching for "my promotions" using the Google search, or searching for threads with "promotions" in the title.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: UAL 1P,HH D, SPG GP, FT Newbie!
Grrrrr!!!!!

Trying to book the last leg of an MR to confirm my 1p for the year (ord/msp/den/lnk/ord) at $145, and it won't let me....

I keep logging out and logging back in, it shows me the fare, then tells me I can't book it.

Sorry, more complaining, just had to get that off my chest, thanks.

Freaking .bomb!!!!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Is it me or does .bomb now default to 0 pax?

I'm now getting errors for failing to positively click the #pax box to 1. Seems it has always defaulted to 1 pax until just today or yesterday. Anyone know anything?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I'm now getting errors for failing to positively click the #pax box to 1. Seems it has always defaulted to 1 pax until just today or yesterday. Anyone know anything?
it has been doing it for me for quite some time now - a rather annoying "feature". makes no sense in my mind.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 3:41 pm

Seems to be fad. My guess is websites designed by lawyers. I.e., forcing someone to change a nonsensical default is more legally binding than accepting a logical default. Quite irritating.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 3:50 pm

Same here. I was hoping '0' pax would just give me a seatmap, but alas... no dice!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 9:14 pm

Newly discovered the same problem for me.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I've been dealing with this for some time now and I absolutely hate it. I'm sure it's another enhancement.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:45 pm

.bomb Error E-4100-10118 Buying Tix

Does anyone have any experience with this error when buying tix on .bomb?

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

E-4100-10118"

As of today, I have about 30 calls into .bomb support to try to get this fixed over the last 6 months. It's been "escalated to our technical support desk" at least half of those times. Still broken, no one ever contacts me.

I usually end up buying my tix over the phone from .bomb support or through Expedia.

United, please fix this so I can give you more money more easily.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond
mine still defaults to one adult

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.