Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 9:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
when trying to see my mileage summary I get
NA_ui.mp.errors.mpdetails_invalid_date NA_ui.mp.errors.mpdetails_invalid_date An error has occurred, please try again later
Redeemable miles activity from Dates are not available. To Dates are not available.
Date Activity Miles added/deducted Elite bonus Fare bonus Total
Category summary from Dates are not available. To Dates are not available.
The default dates it selected are Aug 1 to Oct 1. Da bomb doesn't even know what today's date is.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:43 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I have a YVR-ORD flight booked for December, which I purchased over a month ago.

Shortly after I purchased it, the schedule changed by about 20 mintues, and the aircraft went from an A319 to a 752.

I am in NF, and changed my seat assignment to row 3.

Now, a few weeks later, I go in to My Itineraries and see it is listed as an A320, but the seatmap is still a 752.

I chose a seat in row 2 just in case.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: second-tier member of various hotel and airline programs
UA, meet Mac

I'm wondering if someone at United.com tried tweaking things to prepare for the most recent exotic cat version of Macintosh OS X. For the last week, whenever I take my powerbook G4 to the United sites, Safari crashes. When attempting to use the same sites with Internet Explorer for Mac, I have very limited navigation and function. While at the same time things work more smoothly with any old PC.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by the cranky banker
When attempting to use the same sites with Internet Explorer for Mac, I have very limited navigation and function.
Never, ever use IE for Mac, especially not on a modern system. IE for Mac was end-of-lifed over 4 years ago. It can't handle modern websites, and it is essentially dead. Don't use it.

If you can't or don't wish to use Safari, I would recommend Camino or Firefox. (FWIW, I use Camino as my primary browser.) What version of Safari are you using?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Platinum
Sigh. Many people on FT have suggested that I try United's online check-in. It's fast, it's easy, bypass lines, etc etc. they said. I was sold, and said I'd try it the next time I flew. I'm flying early tomorrow morning, and just tried online check-in, and it's a bomb. When I click on the friendly yellow "continue" arrow after selecting my itinerary, I get an error page that says "Upgrade error" and tells me "Please see a United Representative at the airport to complete check-in." So much for the easy fast line-skipping Online Check-in I'm sure everything will get sorted at the airport, but for my first try at using this feature I feel let down.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:27 am

Programs: second-tier member of various hotel and airline programs
Originally Posted by cepheid
Never, ever use IE for Mac, especially not on a modern system. IE for Mac was end-of-lifed over 4 years ago. It can't handle modern websites, and it is essentially dead. Don't use it.

If you can't or don't wish to use Safari, I would recommend Camino or Firefox. (FWIW, I use Camino as my primary browser.) What version of Safari are you using?
You're right about IE for Mac; it was a lazy alternative but happens to be on my machine, and it works for some things when Safari won't. I shouldn't blame UA for its incompatibility in this circumstance. My Safari is 1.3.2 and I've put off updating it pending arrival of a new computer.

The thing is, both browsers worked just fine with United.com until a few days ago, and now they both balk. Thanks for the input, though!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
In October, 2007 I had DEN-FRA-BLR-FRA-DEN. The BLR segments were United flight numbers, but LH metal. The MP summary shows the BLR-FRA segment credited. The FRA-BLR segment is not. I think I know why: Under past itineraries, the FRA-BLR segment is absent.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
There is no way from united.com to tell United to stop sending me postal mail. I want primarily because every week I get an offer for the Mileage Plus Chase Platinum Business Visa card. Yes, I have contacted the credit reporting agencies to have have banks stop sending me credit card applications. This only works for banks that have my SSN. Neither Mileage Plus nor my alma mater have my SSN, and I keep getting these offers from Mileage Plus and my alma mater.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: *A
today on the startpage of united.com one of the offers is to Brussels, e.g. from Boston.
However, the picture definitely shows Munich, not Brussels. Hope their pilots are better in geography
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by mre5765
I want primarily because every week I get an offer for the Mileage Plus Chase Platinum Business Visa card.
For that you need to contact Chase, not United. There should be an opt-out number somewhere on the application... open one of them and see if it's there. Hopefully it will work.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by piyush
"We’re sorry, but due to technical issues, the quoted fare for your selected itinerary is not currently available for purchase. To purchase the itinerary you selected, please contact united.com customer support at 1-800-589-5582. Please be advised that fares may be higher than originally quoted. Error message 6440. "

Gotta love the bomb!
Did you use multi-city option ? I've been seeing that too.
I called united.com support & India call center really sucks
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, US, DL, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Leela,

I had the same problem a couple of months ago at PDX. I had requested a FC upgrade using 500-mile certs. Someone @ PDX did the upgrade as a revenue upgrade. System wouldn't let me use Easy-Check-in because it was looking for additional $$$. CSR at ticketing/check-in straightened it out quickly.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 9:54 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
i'm currently trying to check in online for my flight tomorrow morning but cannot due to some stupid message about my age being unknown. my profile on .bomb is set to Adult so this is pointless.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:21 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UCBeau
i'm currently trying to check in online for my flight tomorrow morning but cannot due to some stupid message about my age being unknown. my profile on .bomb is set to Adult so this is pointless.
looks like you're not alone as there are other underage drinking and/or ageless f/t'ers out there.......http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753698
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K
Question different classes

I want to book LHR - IAD in V or Q class(the cheapest) so I can use a SWU and return, IAD - LHR, in H class so I can upgrade using miles. Is there a way to do this via the web site? So far it seems you have to have the same class for both legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.