Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Talking thanks UA for listening to us

Flight search by flexible dates now shows 5x5 matrix now! ^^
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vsevolod4
There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We were unable to locate upgrade-eligible fares for the selected itinerary. Please revise your entry.

E - 4100 - 2079
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

E - 4100 - 2079
Please post the exact inputs you were attempting along with dates and cities, along with the upgrade type.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We are unable to retrieve fare information at this time. Please try again later.

E - 4500 - 10537

SGF-ZWS with search nearby checked for destination departing 9/29 returning 10/6
with systemwide region 2 upgrade. I can get it to work if I use Miles MBH option or don't specify upgrade eligable
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Please contact Password Support at 1-800-589-5582 to get a password.

Please contact Password Support at 1-800-589-5582 to get a password. Once your password has been reset, you may log in and continue.

This is the message I get when trying to see my MP data or book a flight. I am logged in, and can see my intineraries and other data.

Yet another .bomb problem??
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:52 pm

Programs: 1K, Diamond
"We were unable to process your request. The system is currently unavailable or the internet service is experiencing heavy traffic. Please try your request later."

guess .bomb knows I want to use miles.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
From MY ITINERARIES

Premier Executive
> 172,301 NA_ui.cmax.root.sidenav.links.miles
> Redeem miles
> View my itineraries

--> whatever the heck is that?
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by AlanInDC
> 172,301 NA_ui.cmax.root.sidenav.links.miles

--> whatever the heck is that?
That is a web application resource that didn't get resolved properly. It's basically an internal marker used by the web site designers to make it easy to provide pages in various languages. Unfortunately, you happened to get computerese in this case.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have found that when this sort of thing happens and I don't particularly care for the ua.com mileage booking bonus, Orbitz or CheapTickets work just fine at buying the same itinerary.

Originally Posted by kcvt750
Just tried booking JFK-HNL-NRT-JFK and keep getting the "Cannot price itinerary" page. Tried multiple flights with the same results.

OK then, time to move on to some domestic legs. Tried booking LGA-DFW RT specifying "Early morning departure". All flights leave after 6:40 pm on departure day. Hmmm, change departure times to specific "7 AM" requests. Guess what? All shown flights leave (LGA>ORD) after 6:40 pm.

Amazingly, Mr EasySchedule also shows the same 6:40 pm flights as the first of the day.

Time to call Dearborn tomorrow morning.

This system and/or its programmers are a total POS.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can someone explain to me why, when I view My Itineraries, I get a "System could not retrieve some of the Itineraries. Please try again. " message in red at the top, but my list of itineraries shows up fine? It just started doing that recently...

Here's a screen capture:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/184542404-L.jpg
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Can someone explain to me why, when I view My Itineraries, I get a "System could not retrieve some of the Itineraries. Please try again. " message in red at the top, but my list of itineraries shows up fine? It just started doing that recently...

Here's a screen capture:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/184542404-L.jpg
have you tried to access the tickedt itin listed? i have the same thing show up on mine as i had a book an hold which i cancelled and after i did cxl, that's when the red message showd up. i think the system is still trying to find the xclled reservation but i am stil able to access my ticketed reservations.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:42 pm

Still can't ticket online after more than 3 years of banging my head against the wall. If one is not in the US website does not allow ticketing from www.united.ca

see

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650593
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I can view it just fine. I can also modify seats. BUT if I try to change/cancel the itinerary (in order to reprice it), I get an error saying that I need to call united Reservations. So maybe that's it.

Now that you mention it, I seem to recall first seeing that message after I called United to do something with that itinerary. So perhaps it will go away after I fly the itinerary. Interesting.

Also interestingly, it seems UA has fixed the old bug where you could get MP miles as if you'd flown, if you bought a ticket for someone else while logged in to .bomb. I bought a ticket for an associate of my dad's just now and .bomb caught that he wasn't the MP account holder and kicked him out of the E+ seat I'd reserved him.

But his itinerary still shows up under my My Itineraries.

Originally Posted by goalie
have you tried to access the tickedt itin listed? i have the same thing show up on mine as i had a book an hold which i cancelled and after i did cxl, that's when the red message showd up. i think the system is still trying to find the xclled reservation but i am stil able to access my ticketed reservations.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Just logged in .bomb and saw:

Hello kb1992
General Member
0 miles

We apologize but an error has occurred, please try again later.

E - -

what does E - - stand? Do I get to sit in Economy Minus?
Old Aug 19, 2007, 3:00 am

Programs: Plenty
You are not worthy (of a single mile)...

Same here. One can only marvel at the lack of competence at UA regarding the website's stability, functionality, and apparent inability to display what should be a master data record.

Last edited by travelcomments; Aug 19, 2007 at 6:06 pm
Old Aug 19, 2007, 3:19 am

Programs: UA 1P, IC Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by travelcomments
Same here. One can only marvel at the lack of competence at UA regarding the websites stability, functionality, and apparently ability to display what should be a mast data record.
Hahaha.....it's the proverbial IT guys....launching USB missiles at each other while the website goes down in flames. Classic. I'm listing 0 miles as well BTW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.