Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
A separate thread was started here today.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Appears fixed by 6pm CDT.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Still pissed off that the flight search by flexible dates now only shows +/- 3 days now!

UA- Bring back the +/- 5 days flexible date search!
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I've been trying to do dummy bookings to examine upgrade availability for an upcoming itinerary. But, when I search on flights (logging in and searching for First Class seats, of course), the seat maps only show me the Economy section of the plane, not the First Class section. Has anyone else seen this?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
and the sponsor u/g feature is phuglied today again as well.

tried to sponsor a fellow f/ter and her daughter using swu's on an h fare but the only option was to use miles nor could i choose which legs to u/'g-only the entire trip (not that this part bothered me as i want to u/g the whole trip but stil.... ) but i will give credit to web support as they did it correctly and i do not have to go and sign a bluey (confirmed with rez when i called "just to make sure" )
Old Aug 10, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Tried to OLCI to RDU-IAD-MUC-SOF and I got as far as checked in. But when I tried to print my boarding pass, I got a document telling me to see a human at checkin. I do OLCI to avoid humans!

Morons!
Old Aug 11, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by dulcamara
Tried to OLCI to RDU-IAD-MUC-SOF and I got as far as checked in. But when I tried to print my boarding pass, I got a document telling me to see a human at checkin. I do OLCI to avoid humans!

Morons!
possible reasons: you might have to show the cc used for the tix purchase, you might have to give your middle initial to the agent (why i don't know), the bomb is being the bomb or you've won a tsa maSSSSage. try using the chicken at the airport first as if it's a maSSSSage, the chicken will hatch your bp with the SSSS on it but if not, then you might actually have to see a real person.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am trying to view my account activity details and am getting an error message. Wonderful...
Old Aug 11, 2007, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I am trying to view my account activity details and am getting an error message. Wonderful...
lucky-did you dump your cookies 'n clear the cache? i just had the same problem but as soon as i did that, it worked.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
lucky-did you dump your cookies 'n clear the cache? i just had the same problem but as soon as i did that, it worked.
Yeppers, that worked for me. Thanks!^
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:34 pm

Programs: Too much flying; Lots of hotels
I've been having problems lately with the site forgetting me...sometimes in the middle of sessions.

Today, the sponsor u/g feature was only giving me information (all flights and available u/g instruments), with no way to actually implement anything. Had to call web support to get it done - they claim there is an electronic authorization on the upgrade. At least I hope so .
Old Aug 13, 2007, 6:03 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Checkin for multi segments

I have a 3 segment itinerary today. OLCI only printed boarding passes for the first 2 segments, and Chicken fared even worse, it only printed the first boarding pass. Does anybody know of any such restriction on multi segment checkin?

Thanks
@ORD
Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:19 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I recently ticketed a reservation with some vouchers. When I went to the united website, I tried to upgrade the itinerary, but United.com stated that this reservation has not been ticketed.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I recently ticketed a reservation with some vouchers. When I went to the united website, I tried to upgrade the itinerary, but United.com stated that this reservation has not been ticketed.
You recently "purchased" a ticket - It won't be ticketed until they get the vouchers, and even then you get in a line for them to final the transaction. Sometimes you can call and they'll push it through for you, other times you'll be told it's being processed and they'll get to it. The ticketing is done based on date of travel and other parameters I've never heard about.

You can't upgrade until they receive and process the vouchers and the ticket is issued. A drawback of using vouchers, for sure.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Frustrating can't book a ticket EWR-SIN//NRT-EWR online.

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We were unable to locate upgrade-eligible fares for the selected itinerary. Please revise your entry.

E - 4100 - 2079
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

E - 4100 - 2079

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.