Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
Can access my account, can not and have not been able to check fares for days.

"Please check back later"

Thanks I have and that has been of ZERO help. Oy with the poodles already!
Old Jun 6, 2007, 5:11 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
The Case of the Disappearing Upgrade Status

I have an upcoming DEN-ORD-MHT...PWM-IAD-DEN (fun) trip coming up. As a blessing for my bride who is coming along, I upgraded the trip with miles. Three of the four legs upgraded (including the CJ!), but the ORD-MHT (735) didn't. There are two people up front right now, so the rest must be under capacity control, so that leg is waitlisted. It's been showing that way on-line since shortly after I booked it. However, today, that status disappeared.

I called the 1P desk, and they tell me it's still waitlisted. All fine and good, but... ummmm... Why can't I see it any more?

Another united.com mystery.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Trying to hand United my cash, but they resist...

"There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We are unable to retrieve fare information at this time. Please try again later."

Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:22 pm

I really want to fly next weekend and want, yes, want to hand UA a wad of $$$$, but I can't, because, after clicking "Purchase Itinerary" I get

We're sorry, your session timed out
Error ID FU&FUsummore885isjdiapasognsbiteme7327818458bitem e-e-e-evenharderUBroot!78178366233

Way to show off your temporary credentials and cereal box tech diplomas, IT!
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Argh! Why do the reservations schedules not match up with the published schedules?! (FYI I'm looking at ONT-SFO on Nov 16)
Old Jun 8, 2007, 4:12 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Stuck at ORD for a 2:30 delay, trying to check flight status on .bomb:

Flight Summary

Sorry, your request cannot be processed at this time. We are unable to accurately determine the status of your flight request.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm just about to go on a rampage because of this utter POS of a website. Seriously, is somebody at united.com actively sabotaging this hunk of crap for their own entertainment?? Daewoos and tiki huts have to be constructed more soundly than this e-commerce disaster. Zit-faced, computer geek teenagers surely could build a more reliable site.

(1) Selecting "flexible dates" is nice, but it eliminates the schedule and multi-city search modes. Deselecting "flexible dates" does the trick, but only for one search. On the second search, it seems to select itself...

(2) Sometimes the drop-down price box (in schedule mode) shows up, sometimes it doesn't.

(3) Dates in multi-city mode...we can just say that they are never saved, and each time I do another search, I HAVE TO RE-ENTER THEM. Doesn't help that it defaults to flipping January 2008, either!!!!!!

(4) Why don't they just pull off the time of day filter??? They're not fooling anybody -- this dropdown is clearly there because all other airlines have it. Only difference is, on other airlines' sites...it actually filters flights as expected. On united.com, it just...actually, I really don't know WTH it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe United's management. When they put the company in the toilet for good, it's probably a good idea to not mention their most recent employer on their resumes...I wouldn't let a former UA VP scrape bubble gum off my shoe.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:49 pm
Suspended

united.dumb strikes again.

Flying EWR-DEN-LAX:
EWR-DEN: F9 P9 A9
DEN-LAX: F2 P1 A0

Ask for refundable First EWR-LAX. What does .bomb offer? The A fare, with the second segment in Y.

Umm... I asked for First. First is available under a P fare, for $100 more.

WHY NOT OFFER THAT?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Ask for refundable First EWR-LAX. What does .bomb offer? The A fare, with the second segment in Y.
As a workaround, did you try multi-city? For whatever reason, they often give substantially different results for multi-city vs. R/T searches.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
As a workaround, did you try multi-city? For whatever reason, they often give substantially different results for multi-city vs. R/T searches.
My workaround was to call UGS. I'm just contributing here to demonstrate the continued failure of United's website. @:-) ^
Old Jun 12, 2007, 4:01 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm just contributing here to demonstrate the continued failure of United's website. @:-) ^
Keep up the good work.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
My workaround was to call UGS. I'm just contributing here to demonstrate the continued failure of United's website. @:-) ^
Are all of the CO transcons sold out? Or gunning for HON with that 325% accrual rate
Old Jun 12, 2007, 4:16 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
so many problems, so few ways to change archaic GDS systems. programming seems so simple, but how many people can get a has been system like apollo to rewrite their logic. I am writing this in a bar 1 block from galileo right now. I think if the money spent on their pretty building years ago had been spent on a state of the art gds system, they could have cornered the north american market.
I don't blame ua.com, I blame the systems that are many decades old that they call 'technology'. no question, ua has a vested interest in making thigs work for both the end users as well as ua, but how much of this can be fixed given the systems in place. to switch to a new gds would cost years of planning and most likely, hundreds of millions of dollars in font end development.
the gds that can support air canada style add on pricing. and do it well with flexability to improve is the gds that will rule the world.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I just logged on to UA to check itineraries and request an upgrade. However, whenever I click on "request upgrade", the page attempts to load only to have my browser give me this wonderful message:

"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Old Jun 12, 2007, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fastair
so many problems, so few ways to change archaic GDS systems. programming seems so simple, but how many people can get a has been system like apollo to rewrite their logic. I am writing this in a bar 1 block from galileo right now. I think if the money spent on their pretty building years ago had been spent on a state of the art gds system, they could have cornered the north american market.
I don't blame ua.com, I blame the systems that are many decades old that they call 'technology'. no question, ua has a vested interest in making thigs work for both the end users as well as ua, but how much of this can be fixed given the systems in place. to switch to a new gds would cost years of planning and most likely, hundreds of millions of dollars in font end development.
the gds that can support air canada style add on pricing. and do it well with flexability to improve is the gds that will rule the world.
I certainly do appreciate all your feedback. ^^

Why can ITA price this properly in P? Do they not use Apollo?

Most importantly, why can UA price this over the phone, but not over the web???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.