FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints
Old Jun 12, 2007, 7:28 pm
BenjaminNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by fastair
so many problems, so few ways to change archaic GDS systems. programming seems so simple, but how many people can get a has been system like apollo to rewrite their logic. I am writing this in a bar 1 block from galileo right now. I think if the money spent on their pretty building years ago had been spent on a state of the art gds system, they could have cornered the north american market.
I don't blame ua.com, I blame the systems that are many decades old that they call 'technology'. no question, ua has a vested interest in making thigs work for both the end users as well as ua, but how much of this can be fixed given the systems in place. to switch to a new gds would cost years of planning and most likely, hundreds of millions of dollars in font end development.
the gds that can support air canada style add on pricing. and do it well with flexability to improve is the gds that will rule the world.
I certainly do appreciate all your feedback. ^^

Why can ITA price this properly in P? Do they not use Apollo?

Most importantly, why can UA price this over the phone, but not over the web???