Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Even better, just plain old 8:50 PM PT (assuming we all know the date and the DST transition schedule for the year!).
Or, you could even say 8:50 PT, since we can see the post time and assume the OP didn't wait 12 hours to post.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Or, you could even say 8:50 PT, since we can see the post time and assume the OP didn't wait 12 hours to post.
Or you could even say "It was a dark and stormy night..." because it's the beginning of a story we've heard many times before.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:17 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Fredd
Or you could even say "It was a dark and stormy night..." because it's the beginning of a story we've heard many times before.
I like that, though it happens just as often on clear and calm nights.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I like that, though it happens just as often on clear and calm nights.

Poetic license, and we might as well wax poetic when it comes to a site that earlier today offered Mrs. Fredd and me (along with another poster on another thread) SEA-EZE flights with UA #s "operated by CO."
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:52 am

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I guess this is the reason why I can't check into my flight for tomorrow
Old Apr 20, 2007, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by portland67
I guess this is the reason why I can't check into my flight for tomorrow
Possibly, though there are planty of other reasons that can happen.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Likely an old problem, but when attempting to access the seat maps for an itinerary with a waitlisted upgrade (SWU), I get the first, non-upgradeable (EM-120) segment, then the map goes to C on the waitlisted segment, then hangs and goes to the last segment of the return (the EM-120). Pressing "Previous Flight" on that page takes me back to the first flight, skipping everything in between. It then goes back and forth between the first and last flights. Closing the seat map and starting over repeats the process. Yahoo.

Pat
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:10 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Shop for Flights gets this:

Message from the NSAPI plugin:
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build date/time: Aug 5 2005 12:17:51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Number: 616829
Old Apr 27, 2007, 11:03 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Shop for Flights gets this:

Message from the NSAPI plugin:
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

Build date/time: Aug 5 2005 12:17:51

Change Number: 616829
the bomb can't find its back end for me either and it also appears that it can't get it up either as it's also idempotent
Old Apr 27, 2007, 11:03 am

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
The site is back online as of 10 minutes ago.
If it gives you further difficulty, delete your United cookies. (Not the warm, onboard kind.)

Last edited by dieselbear; Apr 27, 2007 at 11:05 am Reason: clarifying cookie reference
Old Apr 28, 2007, 3:49 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I can not use an electronic discount certificate for a round trip booking using the multi city ticketing option, and the web site states: The selected trip type is not valid for this promotion. Please revise your entry.

This was working fine a couple of weeks ago, but it now appears that the same problem from the old website has returned.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I can not use an electronic discount certificate for a round trip booking using the multi city ticketing option, and the web site states: The selected trip type is not valid for this promotion. Please revise your entry.
The electronic certs have always been more pain to use than they are worth.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
Can't see seatmaps

.bomb is showing my seat number, but no seat map--it's been like this all day. have tried logging off and on again, clearing cache, and so on--
anyone else having this experience? any recommendations?
thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been trying to book an SFO-BOS trip for about an hour now but United.com keeps hanging or timing out at various points in the reservation process. I'm so sick of having to deal with this terrible search engine that I'm thinking of just getting a status comp back to AS, booking on NW and being done with it.

Edited to add: I just called United.com tech support to try and fix this issue. Big surprise, I got a busy signal.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Apr 30 2:35pm EST. Cannot view itinerary. Hanging, not even page-not-found error. Just sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.