Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:19 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
This error message, E - 4500 - 2079, is becoming more common and prevalent. Why does United do maintenance on the website during the daytime?
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
This error message, E - 4500 - 2079, is becoming more common and prevalent.
I don't think that's maintenance-related. I get that when clicking the link to go to My Itineraries. I click a second time and it all works fine.

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Why does United do maintenance on the website during the daytime?
It's always daytime somewhere...
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Funny error on the SFO Red Carpet Club description page:

We haveýtwo clubs in theýSan Franciscoýairport.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
We haveýtwo clubs in theýSan Franciscoýairport.
Looks like a character set problem - it's all over that page.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA
Urgh! Trying to buy a ticket, it gives me a price...I click "select" and then I get an error message that the fair is not available for purchase. Consistently happening
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
.bomb not able to pull up any fares for me right now...getting the aforementioned "e-" message...this happening to anybody else?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
During the last couple of weeks when I've been looking for flights, I'll plug in LAX-(fill in the blank), dates, search via price, click continue/next, and the next page comes up telling me I have to put in airports (which of course I had done), so then I plug in again LAX-(fill in the blank), dates, search via price (cuz of course it wiped all that out), and next/continue (not taking more than a few seconds to do it all again), click continue/next & it tells me my session has timed out. Grrr.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Weird united.com error -- anyone seen this?

Like many (most?) of you, I log in to united.com several times a week to check my mileage summary, e-upgrade page, and My Itineraries.

Just this past week, I've been seeing the following page after logging in:

"We're Sorry

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We apologize but an error has occurred, please try again later.

E - - "

This happens when I try to access my mileage summary or E-Upgrades. It also occurs if I try to access ua2go mobile via my Blackberry. I can log into my wife's account without issues, so I know it is not my computer/browser and instead a problem with my account on their end.

I've made three calls to united.com support now, and each one ends with them promising to have their tech teams call me within 24 hours. Of course, this never happens, I call back, and they have no record of my previous conversations with them.

Anyone seen this error previously? And even better, anyone have a clue as to what to tell them to guide them in their efforts to resolve it?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
I get it more pretty regularly. Usually when I try advanced search it disappears....
Old Aug 6, 2007, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by crazycrab955
Like many (most?) of you, I log in to united.com several times a week to check my mileage summary, e-upgrade page, and My Itineraries.

Just this past week, I've been seeing the following page after logging in:

"We're Sorry

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We apologize but an error has occurred, please try again later.

E - - "
this is a dumb question, but have you tried clearing your cache, quitting your browser and then logging back in to .bomb? i find that often clears up troubles i have--with great regularity--on the site.

to be clear, i'm convinced it's their problem, damn buggy site, but i'm the one who wants my info, and going through that song and dance typically allows me to get it.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:37 am

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by karenkay
this is a dumb question, but have you tried clearing your cache, quitting your browser and then logging back in to .bomb? i find that often clears up troubles i have--with great regularity--on the site.
Good suggestion. I did try that, to no avail.

I think the most annoying part is their apparent inability to have some sort of paper trail or open trouble ticket to consult when I call. Each conversation, I need to start over, the guy takes a screenshot and passes it along to the tech team. Unpleasantly reminiscent of, well, groundhog day...
Old Aug 8, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by UCBeau
.bomb lists my itinerary wrongly on it's site. I'm flying SAN-SFO-FRA-HEL July 25-26 on UA/AY. .bomb shows my FRA-HEL (AY) leg as confirmed on July 27. Amadeus shows the correct information, as does orbitz (where I bought the ticket from), and Finnair.com.
to update:
.bomb now shows the above itinerary as me going from FRA to WAW then to HEL....even though i successfully boarded AY822 and made it to helsinki just fine.
guess i will have to call india and sort this out when i return to the USA.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:07 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Is the stupid *#&%@ .bomb down again?

I can't log on, flight search doesn't work, and I can't check the status of my flight this evening.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Bloody .bomb down again. My itineraries shows:

Backend (database/ or database server) error message
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Bloody .bomb down again. My itineraries shows:

Backend (database/ or database server) error message
I'm getting the same error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.