Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by kb1992
Just logged in .bomb and saw:

Hello kb1992
General Member
0 miles

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We apologize but an error has occurred, please try again later.

E - -

what does E - - stand? Do I get to sit in Economy Minus?
Obviously the united.com artificial intelligence engine has been monitoring FT and didn't like some of your posts, so you've been stripped of all your miles and demoted to being seated in the lavs at rear of the airplane.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
just a vent, rant etc.....

Every time I search for flights, you can select the departure time you would like (although the default is "anytime").

Here is my gripe (among other things w/ .bomb)... If I select a 3:00 pm departure..... it still gives me departures for the 6:00AM flight?????

now I could understand if I select 3:00pm and it gives me 3, 2, hell even flights that leave at 12:30pm... but 6:00am? thats just plain stupid.

Same for a redeye i'm looking to fly back from SFO.... I select 11:00pm, its FIRST OPTION is the early morning flights (not the next day flights).

anyway... add this as the gazillionth post to the UA website problem thread
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:22 pm

10:19ET... servers are down, don't know if my award ticket processed.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP NW PLAT HH GOLD VIP
Originally Posted by hockeyguy
Obviously the united.com artificial intelligence engine has been monitoring FT and didn't like some of your posts, so you've been stripped of all your miles and demoted to being seated in the lavs at rear of the airplane.
LOL
Old Aug 25, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K
I just booked seat 7B on 757 (which doesn't exist)

When selecting seats a lone 7B popped up in front of the usual Y cabin seatmap.

I selected in for the heck of it. It's only BOS - IAD so I am ore curious to see how this gets handled than any negative consequences..

Maybe they are reconfiguring the online seatmaps before the widebody upgrades and this got messed up somehow..
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:38 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
On my mac, while trying to book a trip on the homepage, numbers for the date do not show as double digit. When I select let's say the 20th, I get an error message saying "system error". Anyone knows what to do ?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:51 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by couscous
On my mac, while trying to book a trip on the homepage, numbers for the date do not show as double digit. When I select let's say the 20th, I get an error message saying "system error". Anyone knows what to do ?
mon ami, j'ai un mac aussi (and now forgive ruining a beautiful language.....)

what mac-os version are you using and also the same for safari? i'm using osx 10.4.1 and safari 2.04 as well as firefox 2.0.06 and do not have that problem but i did under an earlier version of osx & safari. until i upgraded to 10.4.1 and the newer version of safari, my workaround was to pick dates by using the little calendar icon to the right of the time selection drop-down list.

also, what about re-setting safari from the "safari" menu-it will clear the cache, cookies and such (n.b. it also removes stored pw's but not an issue for me as i don't store them)
Old Aug 30, 2007, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ivoryboi
When selecting seats a lone 7B popped up in front of the usual Y cabin seatmap.

I selected in for the heck of it. It's only BOS - IAD so I am ore curious to see how this gets handled than any negative consequences..

Maybe they are reconfiguring the online seatmaps before the widebody upgrades and this got messed up somehow..

Wonder if your seat assignment on the BP will say "toilet."
Old Aug 30, 2007, 8:42 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
OK, maybe someone can help me with this one. I'd start a new thread but I suspect it would just be merged with this one, so I'll preemptively put it in here and hope it still gets read.

I'm trying to book Thanksgiving flights for my folks. Specifically, I want to book UA 289 (IAD-OAK) on 11/20/07 and UA 224 (SFO-IAD) on 11/25/07. The R/T Search Engine quotes me a price of $423.80. When I go to select the itinerary, the Booking Engine barfs and says the price is $478.80. Bad enough, right? It gets worse.

I'm trying to use a $100-off e-cert (a CS-issued one, eligible on pretty much anything). It's definitely eligible on those flights, and the Search Engine quotes me a price of $323.81, as expected. When I go to select the itin, not only does the Booking Engine barf, but it doesn't even give me a higher price! Instead, it says: "... due to technical issues, the quoted fare for your selected itinerary is not currently available" and instructs me to call Web Support.

OK, so I call Web Support, knowing that I might as well just stab myself in the eye with a rusty spoon and probably achieve a more pleasant result. (I've heard rumors that there is a US-based Web Support, but I've never reached them... ICC only.) They can see the fare error when not using the e-cert, and graciously offer to honor the lower price quoted by the Search Engine even though the Booking Engine quotes a higher price. Then I tell them I'm trying to use an e-cert. 15 minutes later, after "verifying" the e-cert T&Cs, they tell me the flights are not eligible. Even though they very clearly are. I even offered to walk them through the entire process to prove the flights were eligible and the error was due to something else, but of course, no dice.

I tried a number of other SFO-IAD return flights, and most of them bomb although a couple actually do work, but they don't work with my parents' schedule (I checked them just for curiosity, to see if the website wouldn't barf). Interestingly, changing the return to 11/26/07 allows me to use the e-cert on any flight I please, including UA 224.

So... if you're still reading this after all of the above... what is it about Sunday the 25th that is causing everything to bomb out like this? And, is there any hope at all of booking the itin I want at the price that the Search Engine is actually quoting me ($323.81) ? Or should I just shoot myself and find a new itin?

(Believe it or not, this is the first time I've had such problems with united.com ... although now I do understand all the frustrations.)

This does not seem to be a problem with fare bucket availability because all the buckets are 9'd and this error is repeatable even after waiting a few hours (i.e. not related to loading of new fares). I suspect something in the fare rules on those Sunday flights might be causing this bug (the Search Engine isn't picking up the problem but the Booking Engine does)... but I can't seem to figure out what the problem might be and clearly I can't coerce the website into working the way I want.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by cepheid; Aug 30, 2007 at 8:58 am
Old Aug 30, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by goalie
mon ami, j'ai un mac aussi (and now forgive ruining a beautiful language.....)

what mac-os version are you using and also the same for safari? i'm using osx 10.4.1 and safari 2.04 as well as firefox 2.0.06 and do not have that problem but i did under an earlier version of osx & safari. until i upgraded to 10.4.1 and the newer version of safari, my workaround was to pick dates by using the little calendar icon to the right of the time selection drop-down list.

also, what about re-setting safari from the "safari" menu-it will clear the cache, cookies and such (n.b. it also removes stored pw's but not an issue for me as i don't store them)
Got it !! Merci Goalie !!!^
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:19 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by couscous
Got it !! Merci Goalie !!!^
de rien, mom ami ça marche?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by cepheid
I'm trying to book Thanksgiving flights for my folks. (...) "... due to technical issues, the quoted fare for your selected itinerary is not currently available" and instructs me to call Web Support.
So just to update this from last night, I still receive this error message as of right now... it clearly isn't because of some fare-loading delay between the Search Engine and the Booking Engine. Either there's a problem with the fare rules that the search engine doesn't pick up (but the booking engine does, hence the bomb) or the flights on that particular day are just causing problems.

I'll probably try calling Web Support later today but if anyone has other advice to save me from that torture, I'd be most grateful.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I cancel 2 tickets from ORD-SFO-RNO, and apply the remainder to new flights.

My wife's goes through in 30 seconds. Mine takes 3 weeks, and 3 phone calls. (ICC)

Her original flight still shows on the web. 2 more phone calls (ICC). "Don't worry "it's canceled".

The day before the flight, we get the email to use OLCI. Another phone call. "Don't worry, it's canceled".

3AM the day of the canceled flight, the cell phone rings. The canceled flight is REALLY canceled. Don't worry, your wife is already re-booked for ORD-DEN-RNO on her canceled flight that is really canceled now.

Don't worry about United.bomb...................?????
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Anyone else have problems using CR1s online?

I purchased a MCI-ORD-BOS roundtrip for me and a companion. Tried to upgrade us with CR1s, but the drop down menu only had either miles, 500 milers, or "confirmed system wide upgrades" as an option. I chose the last option, and to no surprise, they pulled two SWUs.

A quick call fixed the problem, but this is just ridiculous.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AS, WN
Originally Posted by cepheid
So just to update this from last night, I still receive this error message as of right now... it clearly isn't because of some fare-loading delay between the Search Engine and the Booking Engine. Either there's a problem with the fare rules that the search engine doesn't pick up (but the booking engine does, hence the bomb) or the flights on that particular day are just causing problems.

I'll probably try calling Web Support later today but if anyone has other advice to save me from that torture, I'd be most grateful.
I've also been trying to book a Thanksgiving trip, and getting the same thing over two days now:
We’re sorry, but the price originally quoted for your selected itinerary is not available due to a change in fare availability or a processing error. The lowest available fare is displayed below(Message 7085).

And then it tells me the real fare, which is a few hundred dollars higher. The problem is with the return trip, whether Saturday or Sunday and out of every possible airport. (I could actually book the Tuesday night outbound, OAK-JFK as a one way fare at the advertised price.)
OK, I know its expensive to fly on Thanksgiving, but for Chrissake, just tell me the actual fare up front like all the competent airline websites do.
As for the idea of calling website support, just find a rock or other hard object and hit it against your head. Same result, but much quicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.