Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2007, 3:30 pm

If your bag goes missing in transit, don't believe their bag tracking system. I expected it to arrive on a flight on the 24th. As of 9 PM that night, it was still missing according to the website. I called and waited to get through to a live CSR so I could get them to authorize me some money to get necessities.

It turned out that contrary to the assertions of the automated system, my bag had been scanned in at 12:30 PM at my destination and sent for delivery, to get there sometime between 5:26 and 9:26 PM. It finally arrived after midnight on Christmas morning (never expected Santa to be a delivery courier). The bag tracking page finally updated to reflect that my bag arrived and was out for delivery, only about 12 hours late and after I had it back.

The moral of the story is to waste your time on hold to talk to a real person. ^
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The flight search page for multi won't load. Piece of crap.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Logged in - mileage summary shows 0 miles and that I am general member???
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
united.com password problem?

Anyone else get a note to call password support when you try to log in...and then when you call you get a busy signal?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
.bomb Password issues

Anyone having the same trouble with logging on today? I get an error screen telling me to call the .bomb 800 # to reset my PW. Of course, prompt 1, PW issues, is busy...

BOOM!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 2p
I got the same message. Didn't bother calling though.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Just tried to log in a minute ago and got the same thing. Its a bit of a relief to see that its happening to others too since (hopefully) it means that its just the usual UA.bomb mis-behavior.

I'm going to give it an hour or two and try again...
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Originally Posted by weezl
Anyone having the same trouble with logging on today? I get an error screen telling me to call the .bomb 800 # to reset my PW. Of course, prompt 1, PW issues, is busy...

BOOM!
I don't have any password issues. However, I am now a General Member and all my flights are showing the full city name for dep. and arrival city.on my itineraries.

Wow.. Crazy!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Me too.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Yup. Typical .bomb problem. Just tried loggin in & could not do so. No UA error message, but rather the typical Internet Explorer cannot display....
Give it some time....
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by sierranevada
Logged in - mileage summary shows 0 miles and that I am general member???
A not-so-happy New Year!

Most of us will be looking forward to 0 miles in a few hours but I infer the demotion to GM is an ugly surprise.

It won't let me log in at the moment so maybe there's a similar surprise awaiting me as well.

Cheers,
Fredd

This finally appeared on the screen along with Access Denied: Please contact Password Support at 1-800-589-5582 to get a password. Once your password has been reset, you may log in and continue.

Hello
General Member
> 0 miles
> Redeem miles
> View my itineraries

Last edited by Fredd; Dec 31, 2007 at 11:50 am Reason: Details
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
This finally appeared on the screen along with Access Denied: Please contact Password Support at 1-800-589-5582 to get a password. Once your password has been reset, you may log in and continue.

Hello
General Member
> 0 miles
> Redeem miles
> View my itineraries
The line, not surprisingly, is busy.

As I saw on a t-shirt recently, some days it's just not worth it trying to chew through the restraints.

edited to add: I managed to log in after a few tries and I, at least, am still a 1K with my 100,000 + miles.

Last edited by Fredd; Dec 31, 2007 at 12:03 pm Reason: It's up. It's down. It's up. It's down.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:55 am

Me too..what the f?!

It will take me to my profile page, but when I try and check my miles it refers me to call a # to reset my pw.
I am now a general member with zero miles. Somewhere overnight I lost my Premier Exec status and 185,000 miles.

Nice New Year's gift from UA.com!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by tripledip
It will take me to my profile page, but when I try and check my miles it refers me to call a # to reset my pw.
I am now a general member with zero miles. Somewhere overnight I lost my Premier Exec status and 185,000 miles.

Nice New Year's gift from UA.com!
Me too! Course it was only 2P that I lost and 75K...
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:57 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
When I can't connect to the www.united.com home page (which is hapenning all to frequently lately) I usually use a different link like this one http://www.united.com/page/article/0...%2Faddedawards .... and the from there you can get to the reservations page etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.