Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by ORDinary guy
Last row of the jungle jet
Please don't sully the term "jungle jet" by using it to refer to a CRJ. The term Jungle Jet refers to Embraer planes, usually the ERJ-145. I'd fly a ERJ-145 every day and twice on Sunday before picking a CRJ.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:38 pm
She

Worth paying $125 for an E+ seat on an 11hr transpacific flight?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by She
What plane are you flying on? 747, 777, or Ol' Sparky 787?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:43 pm
She

777-200
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:48 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by She
Originally Posted by She
777-200
Worth it to me, but I have long legs, am 6'2" and my knees would otherwise be pressed up against the seat in front of me.

My shorter friend flies UA because he can select E+

We can say how we feel, but only you can decide if it's worth the extra $$$

Edit to add: one other thought: E+ fills up with standby pax only after E- is full, so a higher chance of empty middle seat. OTOH, not too many middle seats go out empty these days.

Originally Posted by gamma
Please don't sully the term "jungle jet" by using it to refer to a CRJ. The term Jungle Jet refers to Embraer planes, usually the ERJ-145. I'd fly a ERJ-145 every day and twice on Sunday before picking a CRJ.
Assume you refer to CRJ-200.

I'd fly CR7 over Embraer 145 in coach. Flew both this weekend, enjoyed 18A, but enjoyed 2C more on the way back when my u/g cleared at the gate

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 18, 2014 at 12:49 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:15 am
She

Thanks! Went ahead with it and got seats 21 H,J,K

Seems like I paid less (thru my travel agent) than the United website? Would have been $50-60 more if paid through the website for both intl and domestic legs. Not that I'm complaining
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Currently sitting on UA552 sfo-phl, probably 8 people in 42 E+ seats, entire exit rows empty, pretty comfy, had a similiar flight ewr-sfo last week, loads seem down this year
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Charged for E+ when not selected

Purchased a ticket for someone this morning and was shocked, at the end of the transaction, to find I was charged $85 more than the price of the ticket. When I dug around to see what was going on, I found an $85 charge for an E+ seat on the ORD-SFO leg (UA741). Checked to make sure I wasn't crazy...and my passenger was booked into 25A on a 757-200, definitely not an E+ seat! Called United and they agreed to remove the $85 charge. They could offer no explanation for the error.

The emailed reservation confirmation included this odd note:
Reason for waiving seat fees:(Required)
The eticket confirmation email noted:
Additional Charges: Sat., Feb. 22, 2014/Visa XXXX was charged 85.00 USD for the following: Extra Legroom / EDD 0162926969XXXX
I wonder how often this happens. A quick search on FT found this thread. I didn't post in it, because the title indicated it was an aircraft specific glitch, but my experience leads me to think that this problem is not isolated to a single aircraft.

Does anyone know what causes this, or how common it is?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:25 am

I have a quick question. If I purchased E-plus but now I am changing flights...what can I do to add it to my new flight...Or did I lose my money.

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
It doesn't transfer. You have to purchase it again on your new flight. However, you won't lose the original money. It will be refunded automatically. If it isn't, you can use the "ticket" number from your E+ purchase receipt to request a refund through the refunds web site.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by GregMM
It doesn't transfer. You have to purchase it again on your new flight. However, you won't lose the original money. It will be refunded automatically. If it isn't, you can use the "ticket" number from your E+ purchase receipt to request a refund through the refunds web site.
Thank you! I'm glad I don't lose the money.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Can I use ecert to upgrade existing ticket to E+??

I have a flight on Friday night from EWR-PHX.
I have an e cert (value $150).
Can I use a portion of that ecert to get an E+ seat on an existing booking?
If so do I have to do it online as it is an e-cert?

Be easy on me, I'm a UA newbie......thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I have a flight on Friday night from EWR-PHX.
I have an e cert (value $150).
Can I use a portion of that ecert to get an E+ seat on an existing booking?
If so do I have to do it online as it is an e-cert?

Be easy on me, I'm a UA newbie......thanks.
No the ecerts are only good for buying tickets.. you have to pay with a credit/debit card for E+.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Thanks.....

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
No the ecerts are only good for buying tickets.. you have to pay with a credit/debit card for E+.
.......Homer>
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Can this be done in one transaction on the web? The place to put the cert info does t seem to appear if I choose an E+ seat.

If I can't, can I buy the seat online on then go back and buy the seat or do I have to do it on the phone (and pay the phone fee$.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.